Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO Youtube Streaming - DJI Go 2.4.0 & Firmware 1.4.30
2339 11 2015-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HisRoyalDoognes
lvl.1

United States

This thread is devoted to Youtube Streaming issues and work arounds.
  • Got my brand new, first time flyer Phantom 3 Professional today.
  • Read the manuals.
  • Did a firmware update.  (lots of decent videos explaining how to do this for both copter and control and app.  I didn't need to use the USB port to update the controller.  I  did it all through updating the app on my phone first, then through the app, applied the update to the controller (while it was attached via USB cable).  The phone process was easy to follow.
  • Did an IMU callibration.
  • Did a compass callibration.
  • After this series of quick start steps, I was ready to fly.

Next, I turned my attention to getting streaming working.  Once you find the location within the DJI Go app (v 2.4.0) to turn streaming on, you get the following sequence:
  • After turning Streaming on in the app, it prompts you to choose "Basic" or "Custom" streaming.  I'm keeping it simple and choosing "Basic". (Yes my Youtube channel is setup to allow streaming and I've done a test using an encoder on my home PC to verify that streaming does work).
  • Next, you are prompted to "Start Encoder".  After a few seconds, the encoder button turns on and after clicking it runs for a few seconds and then you get the Start Streaming button enabled.  At this point, you're encoder should be working.  Can't know for sure that it really is........
  • After entering some details about the stream for Youtube, you can hit Done and move on to the next step.
  • Now I'm ready to start streaming, but here's where I run into my problem.

The Start Streaming button never begins actually streaming the video.  Here's a few related details:
  • My cell/tablet had cell service and I also had a working WiFi connection
  • I was able to Share the stream Link and send the address to an email or message it to someone.
  • Tried turning video record on and off (neither seemed to do anyting)
  • I did not take off.  Is this a necessary step????
  • I was in P mode
  • I was indoors

When on my computer, I am able to click on the Shared Link and bring up a screen that indicates, I am about to see a live stream, but it never starts.

I wait, wait, wait.......

Help me.  Does anyone know why the latest version of the DJI Go app 2.4.0 and firmware v. 1.4.30 (applied to copter and controller) fails to allow Streaming on Youtube to start????

Thanks in advance for your feedback and assistannce.

2015-10-23
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

I would say just concentrate to fly for the moment.
Have fun.
2015-10-24
Use props
HisRoyalDoognes
lvl.1

United States

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-24 07:51
I would say just concentrate to fly for the moment.
Have fun.

So is that a confirmation that it doesn't work for you either?  BTW, the flying is fun.  Super fun.  Looking for some skills enhancement.  Anyone know how to get the Andriod streaming to work, please comment.
2015-10-28
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

First you must set up your youtube account accordingly .
2015-10-29
Use props
philosocrates
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152093 ft
United States

GQ is not much help here at all.  I have the same issue.  You Tube is configured correctly.  I have Live Streamed before to my You Tube, Just not able to start the stream with the DJI Go software.  The encoder is good, but hangs on step 2.  Looking for any help.
2015-12-26
Use props
philosocrates
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152093 ft
United States

Someone posted on a similar thread that there is a list of devices that streaming works on.  They never linked to the list, so who knows.  My HTC1 is not working so there's one for the new list.
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

philosocrates Posted at 2015-12-31 03:23
Someone posted on a similar thread that there is a list of devices that streaming works on.  They ne ...

The approved devices are listed below.
I have a iPad Air and Samsung S6 and the live streaming works fine except it has a delay of about 25 seconds or so.
iOS Version v2.4.3. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.4.3. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2015-12-31
Use props
HisRoyalDoognes
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the responses.  I will give it a try.  The 25 second delay seems excessive, but I assume if you could do it quicker you would.  :-)
2016-1-3
Use props
Dr. One
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2673110 ft
United States

I have had it work once but the streaming was pixelared
2016-1-4
Use props
Dr. One
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2673110 ft
United States

Sorry about that..  So as I was trying to say..  I have had the same issue  before,  however I kept trying and it did connect.   I have tried w six different PHANTOM E PROFESSIONALS AND ONLY 2 CONNECTED TO YouTube live streaming.  And the one time that it did connect finally I was very grainy. I will try again and let you guys know what happens
2016-1-4
Use props
tfd2001
New

United States

Count me in among those not able to get past step two.  Running on an up to date aircraft, app, and Galaxy S6..  All configured correctly on the youtube side, and an experienced pilot, just finally checking into the streaming option for a functionality check (not sure I'd actually ever use it much)..
2016-1-5
Use props
BuzzCutter
New

United States

Also unable to get past step two on Android.
A brief test with a recent version iPad (not sure exactly which but it has a Lightning connector) was quickly and easily successful, which establishes that I know what I'm doing in the software and that the YouTube account is configured correctly.

Using a Note3 (in the approved list) and a Galaxy Tab E (SM-T560NU), both fail despite extensive testing.
App is now 2.5.0 and aircraft, controller and batteries were all updated recently.

Both devices work well for in all other DJI go aspects of flight and camera management.

I'm certain there is a bug of some kind, either in the streamer software (which appears to be from YouTube) or directly in the DJI app for Android.

DJI-Ken: -
Did you apply any special settings to make yours work? (local caching off, etc)?
Is it still working on the most recent version of the DJI-Go app (2.5.0) ?
Is there anything special about the device FW or software - YouTube version or anything  specific that needs to be checked?
If I wait longer than 60 seconds could it still possibly work?
Should I try and try and try if it doesn't work within 60 seconds?
Any other tips?

Anyone else have a "reproducibly reliable" streaming connection on any Android device?
2016-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules