Calibration Question & Stopping Motors from turning off idea..
2287 31 2014-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InspiredDead
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2014-12-20
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

You made your daughter cry?  Bad dad.
2014-12-20
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

The CSC is a system to start and stop the motors.  It makes sense that you must have a way of turning the motors off wherever the drone is and whatever its doing. I can think of loads of reasons this is a requirement - even in the air.

I don't know how old your daughter is, but you are supposed to be 18 to operate this machine - its not a toy.
2014-12-20
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

umpa Posted at 2014-12-20 23:02
The CSC is a system to start and stop the motors.  It makes sense that you must have a way of turnin ...

Where does it say that you have to be 18 to fly one of these?
2014-12-20
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

Clear as day first line of the Disclaimer Warning
2014-12-20
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

huntarr@sbcglob Posted at 2014-12-21 00:02
Clear as day first line of the Disclaimer Warning

You mean this disclaimer?

Disclaimer

This Website and its contents are provided for your convenience only. Although Dajiang Innovation Technology Inc. has attempted to provide accurate information on this Website, it assumes no obligation or responsibility regarding the accuracy of the information whatsoever. Dajiang Innovation Technology Inc. may change the contents available on this Website or the products mentioned at any time without notice.

ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND. DAJIANG INNOVATION TECHNOLOGY INC. HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHER WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR REPRESENTATIONS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.

http://www.dji.com/terms#t4
2014-12-20
Use props
b.w.j
lvl.4

Denmark

Im convinced that "dad" need some head calibrating, its not ok to leave a child with Phantom I air
2014-12-20
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

Looks like someone didn't do their pilot training guide or read their manuals.

http://download.dji-innovations. ... Plus_Disclaimer.pdf
Hint look for the GIANT RED CAUTION sign at the top of the page
http://download.dji-innovations. ... g_Guide_v1.1_en.pdf

2014-12-20
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

huntarr@sbcglob Posted at 2014-12-21 00:29
Looks like someone didn't do their pilot training guide or read their manuals.

http://download.d ...

It says it is NOT suitable for people under 18.  It does NOT say you HAVE to be 18 to buy it like Umpa states.

Big difference between not suitable and required to be 18.

"I don't know how old your daughter is, but you are supposed to be 18 to operate this machine - its not a toy".
2014-12-20
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-20 23:08
Where does it say that you have to be 18 to fly one of these?

um, yeah. Since DJI legally stated that.  Anyone not 18+ operating the unit voids any and every warranty.  No one said anything about 18 to buy.  He stated 18+ to operate and he is correct. You even asked about the age requirement to fly.  Now your changing our question to asking about purchase age.  We are talking about age requirement to operate.

Therefore based on the original posters thread.  There is no reason whatsoever for DJI to make any adjustment to the unit.  They may simply call it pilot error (which it is).  
2014-12-20
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

huntarr@sbcglob Posted at 2014-12-21 00:43
um, yeah. Since DJI legally stated that.  Anyone not 18+ operating the unit voids any and every wa ...

It says it is NOT suitable for people under 18.  It does NOT say you HAVE to be 18 to buy it like Umpa states.

It says it is NOT suitable for people under 18.  It does NOT say you HAVE to be 18 to buy it, "or operate it"  I know some 15 and 16 year olds that are smarter than some of these posters that cannot even follow pictures to operate these.  Enough said.
2014-12-20
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

I'm not debating that there are younger pilots that can operate the unit even better than some older pilots.  

I'm stating that DJI is not legally obligated to adjust, repair, replace or etc. any use of the unit by an operator that is under the age requirement.  If you doubt that, then simply contact DJI and they will tell you the same thing.

I don't know how old your daughter is, but you are supposed to be 18 to operate this machine - its not a toy.

Your misquoting Umpa, he said nothing about age requirement to buy.  He clearly stated "to operate"
2014-12-20
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

huntarr@sbcglob Posted at 2014-12-21 01:09
I'm not debating that there are younger pilots that can operate the unit even better than some older ...

You're right on that point, DJI can deny any claim they want to under any circumstance, but it is not a "requirement" that you have to be 18 to operate it, just a recommendation.
2014-12-20
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Don't make your daughter cry again because of your silly mistakes....M'k?
You made her feel bad enough to bring her to tears ( and possible severe injury) ..yes YOU.
Sometimes I dont like people.......
2014-12-20
Use props
rubenmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1808064 ft
  • >>>
Norway

How sad it is for your daughter and all other comments aside.

I agree with the point there need to be a way to turn it off. But I have often been thinking that there maybe should be a full stop switch on the remote. Again you might hit it by mistake so it might be "fighter pilot style". This is helpful if you have a problem landing and the motors will spin and "burn" and the normal off routine is taking to long.  

Like on the S900 its less a chance because of the split plastic propps of this but I had a mishap with the S800 where the carbon props dig down into sand but the props held and the engine "burned" and needed to be replaced.  I think it could be saved in case I had a faster "off switch". Saying this im not sure its a good idea but I think maybe DJI should look into it. Also guess its solutions out there where you can place something on the drone and use a channel (When you use another remote then DJI`s) to turn it off.

Maybe someone know about this?
2014-12-20
Use props
InspiredDead
Banned

United Kingdom

2014-12-21
Use props
InspiredDead
Banned

United Kingdom

2014-12-21
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Gerry 1124

I said :-

Which is correct according to the documentation provided by DJI.

WHATS HARD TO SEE?  Is English not your first language.
2014-12-21
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

umpa Posted at 2014-12-21 22:40
Gerry 1124

I said :-

That is the RECOMMENDED age, it is not a requirement age to operate it.  BTW, I speak, read and write 3 languages, English and Russian as my first 2 languages, Born in New York, raised in Vladivostok, Russia until I was 11.
2014-12-21
Use props
b.w.j
lvl.4

Denmark

InspiredDead Posted at 2014-12-21 20:10
BWJ When you become a father,, see if your kids listen to you all the time..

And I'd pit my dau ...

LoooooooL, even reset update and new prom, wont do the job.
2014-12-21
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

Man....she coulda been seriously maimed....
You don't see that?
Lol---just kidding---I'm sure she'da been smart enough to get out of its way, had it turned on her.
2014-12-21
Use props
InspiredDead
Banned

United Kingdom

2014-12-21
Use props
porschett
lvl.2

United States

Merry Christmas!
2014-12-21
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-22 00:02
That is the RECOMMENDED age, it is not a requirement age to operate it.  BTW, I speak, read and wr ...

Thats just it Gerry - I never said it was LAW but it IS common sense AND in the manual. You read what I typed but then applied your own understanding (which was wrong) - AND its not the first time is it - remember the fiasco about the Android app.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... android&lang=en
Another classic of reading but not understanding. Which is why I asked if English was you primery language - I was not being funny.

Now lets put this to bad eh ?

2014-12-22
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

umpa Posted at 2014-12-23 02:35
Thats just it Gerry - I never said it was LAW but it IS common sense.

Supposed?

sup·posed
   (sə-pōzd′)
adj.
1.  (also sə-pō′zĭd) Presumed to be true or real without conclusive evidence: a supposed spy; the supposed decline of culture.

2.  (also sə-pōst′) Intended: medication that is supposed to relieve pain.

3.  (also sə-pōst′)
a.  Required: He is supposed to go to the store.

b.  Permitted: We are not supposed to smoke here.

c.  Firmly believed; expected: You're supposed to be my friend.
2014-12-22
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Read the above post
2014-12-22
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

umpa Posted at 2014-12-23 02:35
Thats just it Gerry - I never said it was LAW but it IS common sense AND in the manual. You read wh ...

"Now lets put this to bad eh" ?

Is English your primary language.  BAD or BED?
2014-12-22
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

It was supposed to be bed, but you got the gist. Now lets stop splitting hairs and FLY.
2014-12-22
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

umpa Posted at 2014-12-23 02:50
It was supposed to be bed, but you got the gist. Now lets stop splitting hairs and FLY.

Supposed does not equal recommended.
2014-12-22
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

So  - Presumed to be true or real without conclusive evidence:

That exactly fits my post both in what I said and what I meant AS IN THE DOCUMENTATION and ON THE BOX (is on mine). Your proving my post to be correct AND making yourself look like a TROLL.

Jezus Gerry - LEAVE IT ALONE !!!

Its over - everyone can see this.

Anyone would think it was YOU and YOUR DAUGHTER !!!!
2014-12-22
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Never had a daughter, had twin sons though, lost them and my wife many years ago.  They were on KAL flight 007.  His daughter has her own plane using a Futaba, just not familiar with this controller.
2014-12-22
Use props
jrbob2
lvl.1

United States

Inspired Dead. ... Unlike the rest here,  in regards to your post,  absolutely they should prevent this from being possible.
2014-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules