DJI Go on Android - Space and file location
3987 4 2015-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VinnieRC
New

Canada

I am using DJI Go on my Samsung Tab 4 and it is taking up a lot of space.  I have a large micro SD card, but there doesn't seem to be any option to switch the file location to utilize my SD card.  Please help as when I tried to download 4K video I recorded on my Phantom 3 Professional, it is failing because there is not enough space.  The DJI Go App should have setting to allow change of file location and use of micro SD card slot.

2015-10-24
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

It's possible that the bus speed of the tablet may not be fast enough to write or playback 4K video. If you MUST get the video to your device, just buy a cheap OTG USB connector, put the microSD card in a card reader, connect the card reader to the OTG connector, and the connector to your tablet. Then use a file explorer to view the file.

I have a Galaxy Tab S 8.4 which has an on-board microSD card reader, which I use to view and playback files on the go, when necessary. However, editing photos and videos on the Samsung is such a horrible experience that I'd rather get the shot and edit it on my MacBook Pro.

As for storage management, it's how Samsung does it in their OS. I have an Xiaomi Mi Note with 64Gb on board and have no issues saving files directly to memory.
2015-10-25
Use props
VinnieRC
New

Canada

ghoonk Posted at 2015-10-25 04:05
It's possible that the bus speed of the tablet may not be fast enough to write or playback 4K video. ...

I think you misunderstood what my problem is.  It has nothing to do with write or playback speed.  The tablet has only 16GB space.  With many Google apps installed, I have already used up 12GB.  There is a microSD slot which I have a 64GB card in.  The DJI Go app is install on the default 16GB and all the video and cache are loaded on the default taking up all the space.  When I tried to download video from the Phantom 3, it complain there is not enough room.  There should be a way to utilize the 64GB SD card, but unfortunately there is no option to do so.
2015-10-25
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

VinnieRC Posted at 2015-10-26 05:05
I think you misunderstood what my problem is.  It has nothing to do with write or playback speed.  ...

I'm not sure if that's a problem with the DJI Go app or if it is has to do with Samsung's choice of implementation. Are you on Lollipop?

Would the problem go away if you had a different device? If so, it's probably more to do with Samsung than DJI. I don't have that problem with my Mi Note as it has 64GB on board, and likewise, on my iPhone 6 Plus with 128GB on board.

Try turning off video cache and not have the images/videos transfer to the device. Leave them on the microSD card and move them to your computer when you get home. Much cheaper than buying a new device
2015-10-26
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

To be able to transfer the program to your SD card like you do with Google apps the app designer has to program that into their app.
2015-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules