Desperately Need Help with Updates...
718 8 2015-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cfovargue
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

I've been trying for weeks on my free time to do the recent upgrades and nothing works...I'm so frustrated and would love someone to help me..

I am currently running, or at least thought I was, version 1.2.6. That was the last time I got it to fly. I couldn't fly my buggy for a few weeks cause of work and then the two most recent updates came out. I first tried downloading 1.3.0 and get the Beep-beep-beep-beep yellow lights over and over without an update. The .txt file says I'm already running this software. Okay, so I go to the 1.4.001 and it does the same thing with the same .txt file message. However, when I open the app and connect it says I need to upgrade still to 1.3.0. I am lost on what to do now and am very sad as I miss more and more days of possible flying...

Additionally, during this process one of my two batteries became a brick and won't show any indication but when I plug it in it will try to do the updates. What does this mean? Is it dead forever or is there a reset?

This is what the .txt files says:
========== 2015.06.22 19:59:44 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2015.06.23 18:31:52 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin
2015-10-24
Use props
jmims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure that you remove all of the old .bin files from your SD card. Only have the new 1.4 .bin file on the root directory.  
2015-10-24
Use props
cfovargue
lvl.1

United States

jmims@me.com Posted at 2015-10-24 13:34
Make sure that you remove all of the old .bin files from your SD card. Only have the new 1.4 .bin fi ...

Thanks for the reply. I did completely delete the SD card files prior to putting the new software in via just deleting everything, is that the appropriate way to do it?
2015-10-24
Use props
cfovargue
lvl.1

United States

cfovargue@gmail Posted at 2015-10-24 13:35
Thanks for the reply. I did completely delete the SD card files prior to putting the new software i ...

I just tried formatting the SD card and put on the 1.3.0 software on and it is still doing the 4 beeps but now none of the lights on the bird are flashing or on at all while that occurs.
2015-10-24
Use props
jmims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I would try formatting just to make sure. Just to confirm, this is the name of the latest update file: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin. I would make sure this is the only file on the card.

Are you sure the update needed is for the Phantom and not your battery? When I did my update, it updated the battery, the camera and the Phantom. The next time I powered up, I used a different battery, and I got an error that and update was needed. I ran the update again. I got the "error" for the Phantom that said that the software was the same. I also got a message that the update was complete on the battery. Hope this helps!
2015-10-24
Use props
cfovargue
lvl.1

United States

jmims@me.com Posted at 2015-10-24 13:49
I would try formatting just to make sure. Just to confirm, this is the name of the latest update fil ...

It does appear that after formating it is now downloading. The lights have came on and the sound is Beeeeeeeeeeep - beep beep. Which I recall that being the right way to update. We shall see but this is hopeful!

Any ideas on the battery that won't show it's lights?
2015-10-24
Use props
jmims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Battery is being updated as part of the update. I wouldn't worry about it until the update is done. Good luck!
2015-10-24
Use props
cfovargue
lvl.1

United States

jmims@me.com Posted at 2015-10-24 14:07
Battery is being updated as part of the update. I wouldn't worry about it until the update is done.  ...

It worked!! Thank you jmims, my other battery came back to life too. Happy day
2015-10-24
Use props
jmims
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Glad it worked. Happy flying!
2015-10-24
Use props
Advanced