Installing Assistant on WIN8
11520 18 2014-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rgreen
lvl.1

United States

I researched this to no avail and wondered if anyone had insight to a solution.

New install of Assistant on WIN8 laptop .. Dell XPS12. Anytime I run the driver or the Assistant installer, I immediately get the following error (attached):

dji.png

Tried running as Admin (which my account is as well) as well as making sure controller is connected in case it was looking for that.

Am I missing something basic? I dont think so but maybe. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
2014-9-23
Use props
colin
New

United States

I too am having the same problem
2014-9-23
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

I would uninstall every thing (Sorry the other DJI Phantom Software Only)then restart and download the following:

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download

1. Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.2
2. DJI WIN Driver Installer

I am running Windows 8.1 on a Dell Studio,. After I installed the windows drivers everything worked great.

Hope that helps
2014-9-23
Use props
ForumAdmin
lvl.2

China

the message says your installation files are corrupted, please try download a new copy.
2014-9-24
Use props
rgreen
lvl.1

United States

ForumAdmin Posted at 2014-9-24 21:47
the message says your installation files are corrupted, please try download a new copy.

Thank you for your prompt response but I had already tried redownloading 4 times before this inquiry. Just tried on a different Win7 machine, downloaded http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Installer_v3.2.exe on the different WIn7 machine and got the same result.
Also if I download the zip file which shows a size of 9MB ... when attempt to unzip I get no files ffound or corrupted archive.

Any thoughts?
2014-9-24
Use props
ForumAdmin
lvl.2

China

If possible, please install the remote assist software, and send email to djifansforumadmin@dji.com with the ID and pass, so our technician can try to remote to your PC and see if we can help you install the software.

Here is the link to a free remote assist software: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

Thank you
2014-9-24
Use props
rgreen
lvl.1

United States

ForumAdmin Posted at 2014-9-25 13:10
If possible, please install the remote assist software, and send email to  with the ID and pass, so  ...

I was able to identify the root cause and I'm sure others will experience this. The specific issue was related to the configuration of our enterprise firewall. Since I am responsible for this device, I was able to identify what was causing the issue ad resolve.

If anyone is running into the issue, please feel free to contact me for more info as I will ot post her for security purposes.

All software is installed and working just fine. Thank You.
2014-9-25
Use props
ForumAdmin
lvl.2

China

Sounds good,
2014-9-25
Use props
hamalio.gmail
New

Saudi Arabia

Dear rgreen,
I am running into the same issues of installing to my Dell XPS win 8. Kindly waiting for your feedback.
2015-2-12
Use props
knordstrom
New
United States

I have same issue with a Dell XPS and windows 8.1.....assistant will not work???
2015-4-4
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

rgreen@shringte Posted at 2014-9-26 06:31
I was able to identify the root cause and I'm sure others will experience this. The specific issue ...

Just to expand on rgreen's post regarding security. IMHO, I would be extremely cautious with providing anyone access to your computer or systems via Teamviewer or any other remote desktop applications. Unless you personally know the individual that you are providing access to and you trust them completely, I would strongly advise against doing such. It's like providing someone(s) access to your entire digital life. Financial, personal, social and any other record contained on that computer and possibly even that entire network could be in jeopardy.

Jerry
2015-4-4
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

knordstrom@cox. Posted at 2015-4-5 02:30
I have same issue with a Dell XPS and windows 8.1.....assistant will not work???

Check and disable windows firewall. If that doesn't work go to Start > Run > type msconfig > in startup items disable all. In services tab select hide all Microsoft services then disable all. Reboot and try install again.
2015-4-4
Use props
knordstrom
New
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-5 05:29
Check and disable windows firewall. If that doesn't work go to Start > Run > type msconfig > in st ...

Thanks.....will try
2015-4-5
Use props
knordstrom
New
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-5 05:29
Check and disable windows firewall. If that doesn't work go to Start > Run > type msconfig > in st ...

I find that the windows firewall is controlled by my Nortons 360 and looking at that security set up all DJI apps set as Allowed acess.....any thoughts on that?
2015-4-6
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Knord,

Norton 360 is fairly complex. You could probably allow all DJI stuff to pass through to get things downloaded, updated and installed but once everything is working properly I'd probably revert back and turn the access off. If you do this, you'll have to allow again if/when there are software updates from DJI but it will provide a higher level of security for your computer and network.

Jerry
2015-4-6
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

I think you found the issue at least.
2015-4-6
Use props
knordstrom
New
United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-6 20:56
Knord,

Norton 360 is fairly complex. You could probably allow all DJI stuff to pass through to get  ...

So I just did a second delete and reinstall and all systems are GO....thanks
2015-4-6
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Cool. Good luck flying!

Jerry
2015-4-6
Use props
SUPERATLETA
New

Mexico

i cant start the chat , somebody can help me ?
2017-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules