Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Wishlist Thread
2127 24 2015-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kgarrison
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, hopefully DJI will watch this thread. Let's post our wishlist now that we have the Osmo in our hands.

1. LOG format!!! Really? It's not there.
2. Custom Styles!! I want to be able to tweak contrast/brightness/sharpening, etc. Again, I can't believe its not there

2015-10-24
Use props
Tokkelossi
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I wish it would turn up.
2015-10-24
Use props
wordsaremything
lvl.3

United States

There are no options for those (contrast/brightness/sharpening) in the APP like there are for the Quads? If not, then I bet a firmware update will include them.

I would like some nice filters, ND and polarized.
2015-10-25
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

wordsaremything Posted at 2015-10-26 02:12
There are no options for those (contrast/brightness/sharpening) in the APP like there are for the Qu ...

The same ND and Polarizers for the Inspire fit the Osmo camera
2015-10-25
Use props
wordsaremything
lvl.3

United States

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2015-10-25 22:23
The same ND and Polarizers for the Inspire fit the Osmo camera

This fits?
http://store.dji.com/product/inspire-nd16-filter
2015-10-25
Use props
juansantiuste
lvl.2

Spain

Use of the Inspire RC to control the camera movement.
2015-10-26
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

1. Manual audio level control

2. Option to turn off AGC (auto gain control). Handy when using external mic with its own gain control.

3. Custom video sharpness

4. Auto HDR exposure bracketing when taking panoramic stills. So we can make 360 HDR panoramas.
2015-10-26
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

A MICROPHONE WHICH IS NOT MISPLACED NEXT TO THE FAN SO YOU ALWAYS HEAR THE FAN NOISE INSTEAD OF WHAT YOU SHOULD HEAR.
2015-10-26
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

More manual control! NEED kelvin, Log, Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness adjustments. Pic Profiles.
2015-10-26
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

Machoman Posted at 2015-10-26 18:38
A MICROPHONE WHICH IS NOT MISPLACED NEXT TO THE FAN SO YOU ALWAYS HEAR THE FAN NOISE INSTEAD OF WHAT ...

To be fair, internal mics in general on most cameras are not great. Low quality omni mics that pick up camera handling noise, wind and too much room ambience. The Osmo internal mic matches those bad points and adds gimbal noise. I can't imagine what they could have done to avoid this issue. It's a gimbal camera remember, it makes more noise than  normal cameras.
2015-10-27
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

I have a good feature request.  You should be able to grant access for another device to be connected to the wifi so that a person can analyze the footage in real time.  This would really be a useful feature for many!
2015-10-29
Use props
wordsaremything
lvl.3

United States

I would like to be able to access the actual 1080p 120 fps videos not the slowed down versions. The slow-mo footage is grainy looking. I could convert the 120fps clip myself.
2015-10-30
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

wordsaremything Posted at 2015-10-31 05:11
I would like to be able to access the actual 1080p 120 fps videos not the slowed down versions. The  ...

What fps does the 120 fps get converted to? 30fps? That sounds very odd. Are you sure the Osmo does this?
2015-10-30
Use props
wordsaremything
lvl.3

United States

ke-now Posted at 2015-10-30 21:00
What fps does the 120 fps get converted to? 30fps? That sounds very odd. Are you sure the Osmo doe ...

Yes. The actual video on the memory card is the slowed down version, not the 1080p 120 fps clip.
2015-10-31
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

Two request on my wishlist so far after using the Osmo for 3 days;

Firstly, can DJI make a USB battery charger or a dummy battery which can be USB powered? Alternatively, a dual battery charger will be most appreciated.

Second, can DJI update the firmware to shutdown the gimbal and the camera when I'm viewing or transferring clips?

Thank you and it really is a great piece of equipment!
2015-10-31
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

wordsaremything Posted at 2015-11-1 00:59
Yes. The actual video on the memory card is the slowed down version, not the 1080p 120 fps clip.

Okay, but how do you know the grainy quality isn't present on the original frames? My guess is the compression noise is there before the slowed down file gets written internally. Would be good to get an Osmo engineer to comment!
2015-10-31
Use props
claus211
New

Germany

microphone output should get 3 volts, for small microphones, like Rode Video Mic
2015-10-31
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

Better control for sound, also the ability to customize video/photo profiles like you can do on their drones.
2015-10-31
Use props
wordsaremything
lvl.3

United States

ke-now Posted at 2015-10-31 11:03
Okay, but how do you know the grainy quality isn't present on the original frames? My guess is the ...

I don't but having access to the original file would tell us that.
2015-11-1
Use props
alan.zucker
New

United States

Have only had a couple of days to play with the new Osmo.  Loving it so far.  

Only requests are more information on what has already been outlined as part of the product rollout...

X5 adapter (I have the cash waiting to purchase the camera... can we do this in tax year 2015???)

Batteries.  The 1 hour run-time on the battery limits our ability to put this equipment into production.  When will spare batteries be in-stock and available for purchase?
2015-11-1
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be great if the image files could get some location/gps info from the handheld phone/tablet and the Go ap.  I checked the image properties, hoping they would be similar/ or, same as the Inspire 1 X3 image properties and was disappointed that there was no GPS.  Otherwise it it certainly a fun new toy/tool.  Wish extra batteries were available.  Glad to see DJI has made it more clear that orders from their store are shipped together, and if delivery time is urgent, to break larger orders up.  I canceled my DJI order for an osmo and a bunch of accessories and was able to just buy an OSMO at Drones Plus in Honolulu quicker and easier than getting from DJI.....This camera is certainly making new things possible and available to the masses.  Keep up the good work.
2015-11-1
Use props
lauren
lvl.3
Flight distance : 969452 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can we have the Y-control of the thumbstick reverse able?
I'm used to pulling back on the stick to have things go up.
2015-11-4
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

Tokkelossi Posted at 2015-10-25 02:54
I wish it would turn up.

Easy! Gently move the camera up with your hand.
2015-11-4
Use props
tom
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Westwoodfilms.c Posted at 2015-11-5 01:13
Easy! Gently move the camera up with your hand.

Hahaha very funny
2015-11-5
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

Still waiting for D-LOG....
2015-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules