Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
S900 Shaking with New gimbal
2180 9 2015-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4814482 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

I've just removed my Z15 and put on a BeSteady gimbal so i can mount different lens options.

The problem is that the 900 seems to shake a little and when the gear is raised it gets worse.

I tried adjusting the COG Z axis for the IMU and GPS but nothing seemed to help.

Should i have tried to adjust the gains and if so any ideas what to?

Current gains: Basic 120, 120, 120, 110 - Attitude 185, 185 (these work flawlessly with a Z15 gimbal)

Help Please :-)

2015-10-25
Use props
Cocreatr
lvl.1
Japan

My home S900  and our company bird were both shaky in wind.  Different CG, each carefully entered in the A2 assistant did not resolve the issue. On the  home machine, I used a K channel to map roll and pitch basic gains to one of the transmitter's turn knobs (T14SG has two). Test flight, to find stability, turned the knobs and gains up high until it looked like oscillation began, then down a bit.  Home machine flies fine near 200 gain, company machine fine near 180.  In addition, balancing the propellers seemed to help a bit.
2016-1-9
Use props
jem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1696788 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've had the same problem with my s900, vibrations when the landing gear is up. I've now after many months of trying different things finally managed to fix it. After trying balancing the motors and props, gluing the gear cross beam, new rubber dampers on the motor mounts, stiffer top plate and various gains and conditions I can now confirm it is definitely the gear that causes the vibrations. I've now made foam dampers that fit on the landing gear that press on the underneath of the side arms when the gear us raise. This has totally eliminated the vibrations and flight seems to be improved. I'll post some pictures if anyone is interested.
2016-1-23
Use props
UAVMonkey
lvl.1

United Kingdom

if it is shaking/ vibrating. you need to lower your gains. try lowering them by 10% in the pitch and roll if that helps but it still shakes a bit lower by 10% more
2016-1-25
Use props
neil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4814482 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jem@marryat.co. Posted at 2016-1-23 16:41
I've had the same problem with my s900, vibrations when the landing gear is up. I've now after many  ...

I'd like to see some images of what you did.

I tried to lower gains (from 140 down to 90) and nothing helped. Tried to raise them too just to see what happens....
2016-1-25
Use props
UAVMonkey UK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

oh we had a S900 like that where the gains could not fix it. It was so bad we named it Shakin Stevens... In the end we found it was a fault with the retract leg gear. We swapped it out for a new one and it solved the problem. It's worth wile checking yours gear is not too loose If you have tried what the other guys above have suggested.  
2016-1-26
Use props
noaches232
lvl.2

United States

See if the Guidance software would help.
If Guidance won't solve your problem, then make sure that your footage is rock solid. If it is, then don't worry about it.
DJI's gimbals are world-renowned. If there's a problem with one then I'll be goshdarned.
2016-1-30
Use props
jarlel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77615 ft
Norway

jem@marryat.co. Posted at 2016-1-23 17:41
I've had the same problem with my s900, vibrations when the landing gear is up. I've now after many  ...

jem, I have been down the same path as you - even if it is much better after doing all the mods I still have some vibrations when shooting 4K.

Would be great if you could post some pictures of the foam dampers!
2016-2-3
Use props
enquiries.maxse
New

United Kingdom

Hi Its the landing Gear

I treid balancing motors prop (New top 2mm Top Plate anti Jello) new type of motor dampeners
Vibrations emulate from the  landing Gear the frist 10 flight or so where  all good ,then it started if you hover s900 look closely at the gear the legs are vibrating all over the place , leading to gimble vibs and motor oscillation .
Fix .
Glueing leg support between gear sets (goggle on how to do this)

Add velcro as image just the soft stuff (glue on well ) a small peace is all you need on one side to compress joint slighty , when gear is up
start with thin peace and change as nessary the gear when rasied should still be smoth and not bind .

Add lock tight to the joints as phots with removes remaining slop you can realy feel the diffance after .

do this slowly take your time it also best for s900 to be upside down by removing gps compas the with gear up and velcro in place ,feel the gear out for movement mine was mostley at back joints with 1.5mm of play
apply Med strength lock tight to joint wait 10mins (recheck for movement ) When happy and  slop  is gone run the  gear a few times and leave for 24 hours
recheck movements  run gear at least 5/6 times before the 1st flight gear should be the same before the mod run with smoth as before the mod

you should not really have to do this but slop is in mechanism i could not find a tool to strip down gear or tighten joints where all the play is comming from, this works if you take care and your time other have add foam in to gear stop plate etc to try to remove or replaced gear with new one pep fixed it by this way and other have had more issues .

This work for Me so fay 20 plus flightsnow no issues

IMG_1195.jpeg
IMG_1197.jpeg
2016-2-6
Use props
wreck_nz
lvl.2
New Zealand

As unlikely as I thought it would be, it looks like the combination of hard mounting my motors, and putting loctite in all the landing gear joints has pretty much solved the long-term vibration problems I had with my s900. The landing gear had a huge amount of play in it before, and now there's virtually none, but the landing gear still works fine.
2016-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules