DJI Osmo keeps beeping after unlocking all rotors
40693 98 2015-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quallenfischer
New

Germany

ozan bas Posted at 2017-2-13 06:01
i had same problem yesterday, just after the last update on android 6.0.1 Samsung J5 2016 (i tried to avoid update. but the software did not let me to oparate without update). I was using it very carefully and it was not just in early progress, I had plenty days of video, mostly oparated with iphone 6. Yesterday I receorded some video with Samsung J5. Then shut it down, locked it all around. When I turned it back on, beep beep... I tired everything, recalibrating, rebooting.. on Samsung and iphone. Doesn't work. Device is bought from US and being used in Turkey. I hope there is an offical service in Istanbul. Returning it to US will be a huge pain.

Hi all,
I came to this thread because of the same problem after unboxing and activating my OSMO this evening.
But however I got it fixed after following procedure:
- switched of the device (because of frustrated) and locked all axis.
- however, I tried again after 15 minutes
- unlocked all axis in the recommended order
- switched on the OSMO, then the gimbal seems to initialize - without any beep.
- switched on my phone, Wifi connection happened automatically
- started DJiGo
- and it works, could move the gimbal
- recalibrated the gimbal in the app, works as well

Maybe it will work also for some days, we will see.

Would just share my experience with all of you.

Greets from Germany
2017-2-23
Use props
fans69847606
lvl.2
Russia

I've encountered the same exact problem yesterday.

Bought the Osmo X3 in Finland, used it for 1 week in my country and here we are. I tried all the possible solutions listed here and nothing worked. Since I bought it in a different country, I guess I can't just return it without some nightmarish procedures, so I just walked into an authorized service here in Russia and let them do the diagnostics and repair. I hope it won't cost me as much as the unit's price though.

Thanks DJI! How come the big company with $1.5 billion revenue have such a bad Quality Control? I'm stunned.

It also would be great to have an official spherical panorama support in DJI GO app. Looks like so many people desperately want it, but end up being forced to use one of the many third-party apps to do the job merely out of necessity. And then when you call to the service they refuse to talk with you because of you using the third-party apps. Something isn't right here and I hope it all will be fixed in the future. Peace!
2017-4-5
Use props
fans3e1f3373
New
Russia

fans69847606 Posted at 2017-4-5 07:44
I've encountered the same exact problem yesterday.

Bought the Osmo X3 in Finland, used it for 1 week in my country and here we are. I tried all the possible solutions listed here and nothing worked. Since I bought it in a different country, I guess I can't just return it without some nightmarish procedures, so I just walked into an authorized service here in Russia and let them do the diagnostics and repair. I hope it won't cost me as much as the unit's price though.

Добрый день. У меня такая же проблема это все очень грустно. Отремонтировали вашу камеру ?
2017-4-6
Use props
fans69847606
lvl.2
Russia

fans3e1f3373 Posted at 2017-4-6 07:45
Добрый день. У меня такая же проблема это все очень грустно. Отремонтировали вашу камеру ?

Нет, она всё ещё в сервисе.
2017-4-7
Use props
fans69847606
lvl.2
Russia

Haha! Authorised service (!) said that the unit had a "faulty flexible gimbal cable" all along (on my new Osmo ok) and the only solution is to ship it back to DJI with $120-130 shipping PLUS service fees PLUS 1-1.5 months of waiting. No, thanks!

Imagine if something was faulty in your car, you go to an authorised service and they like — oh, jsut send your car back to the factory! It will only cost you 30% of the car's price, don't worry.

DJI, why not to supply your authorised services with these flexible cables? The amount of time and money wasted because of this little problem is insane. You know sometimes a flexible HDD cable on a macbook can break, and what you do? You just buy the new cable and install it in 30 minutes or go to an authorised service to do the job in 15 minutes. You don't send it back to Apple!

Seriously I will think 1000 times the next time before buying something from DJI.
2017-4-14
Use props
Filmshot
New
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-29 19:38
How was your Osmo beeping?
Have you upgraded the firmware successfully? If it beeps D-DD, it means you've just done it and you just need to power-circle your Osmo.
I hope you've fixed the problem.

Just got my OSMO yesterday, took it out of the box, unlocked the gimbal, tried to lock it again... no way. The tilt axis would not lock. So I turned it on again, downloaded the most recent software as of April 29, 2017, tried again to lock it... no way, tilt would not lock. Turned it on again after unlocking it, only to be greeted by a beeping sound telling me the Cosmo is locked... but it's not! Right now my brand new out of the box OSMO+ is a brick, which seems to be a very common problem with OSMO having read a multitude of complaints... does OSMO even care about this shoddy product.
2017-4-29
Use props
fans69847606
lvl.2
Russia

Filmshot Posted at 2017-4-29 11:23
Just got my OSMO yesterday, took it out of the box, unlocked the gimbal, tried to lock it again... no way. The tilt axis would not lock. So I turned it on again, downloaded the most recent software as of April 29, 2017, tried again to lock it... no way, tilt would not lock. Turned it on again after unlocking it, only to be greeted by a beeping sound telling me the Cosmo is locked... but it's not! Right now my brand new out of the box OSMO+ is a brick, which seems to be a very common problem with OSMO having read a multitude of complaints... does OSMO even care about this shoddy product.

Welcome to the club! The first rule of faulty Osmo club — you don't know what to do with this brick. I had mine from March and still I don't know what to do — repairment is too expensive, can't exchange it either. Thanks DJI!
2017-5-1
Use props
fans69847606
lvl.2
Russia

Finaaaaaaaaaaaaally I was able to convince the Finnish store that it wasn't their fault and I need to send the unit back to Finland and they would send it to Holland for service. They said it would take 2-3 weeks, let's see if the "new" Osmo wouldn't turn into usleless brick after 1 week or right out of the box. Oh, if only I knew it beforehand!
2017-5-3
Use props
user54c9866f55
New
Italy

Ho lo stesso problema, portato al centro assistenza dove mi dicono di rispedirla indietro. Questa azienda è veramente poco affidabile, pensavo fossi l'unica!!!!
2017-5-29
Use props
fans4650fbb3
New
Brazil

I am having a similar problem, I have just bought my OSMO+ a few weeks ago, and it was working perfectly. Then when I upgraded to the last firmware this problem started.

I unlock all rotors, turn it on it tries to go to the "0" position and then start beeping rotor lock. After trying everything I was able to identify a problem, the gimble can go sideways and down with no problem, but when try to go upper than the "0" position the gimble dies.

Maybe someone can help me, please.
Thank you  

2017-6-5
Use props
fans69847606
lvl.2
Russia

My Osmo is on it's way back to me after almost 3 months of hassle. The service was fast though, so at least that aspect was good!
My advice to all the new Osmo users — never ever buy it unless you have an authorized dealer in town so you can just return it.
2017-6-28
Use props
Marcus Potter
New
Flight distance : 131 ft
United Kingdom

I bought and OSMO + with also and Zenmuse M1. Now, after 2nd time using the M1, I get the dreaded beep beep beep scenario as mentioned here.
Geez this is frustrating - seriously having reservations about DJI having read through these forums.
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Marcus Potter Posted at 2017-11-3 12:46
I bought and OSMO + with also and Zenmuse M1. Now, after 2nd time using the M1, I get the dreaded beep beep beep scenario as mentioned here.
Geez this is frustrating - seriously having reservations about DJI having read through these forums.

Sorry for the late response.
Will the beeping sound occur when you mount X3 Zoom camera or just M1?
Did you balance the M1 before powering on? And the case of mobile phone is not suggested.
2017-11-6
Use props
fans847fcf57
New
Russia

Same issue after seven months of using. Now 500$ go to trash. Thanx DJI.
2017-12-4
Use props
fans847fcf57
New
Russia

2017-12-4
Use props
fans847fcf57
New
Russia

2017-12-4
Use props
fansb7bb911a
New
Canada

Same thing here. Please, help us...
2018-6-15
Use props
djiuser_lsnDvwG9Zxnj
New

I have had this same issue( gimbal beeps, says gimbal is locked when its open and opened when its rather locked, spins faster when powered and goes numb, video records, captures images, but gimbal just wont be responsive to the controls on the joystick) this started with my osmo plus for about 3yrs right out of the box and i have called Dji severally but they seem of no help, because im in Africa, it means i spent my money on nothing, now the intelligence battery is damanged as well and i have a dead gadget lying for nothing, including my ronin M battrues dead right from the box, why DJI
2019-10-3
Use props
fansd722def7
New
Colombia

stereopathik Posted at 2016-1-10 17:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjqBbTURLEI

Has anyone been able to figure out this issue?  HELP!

I have the same problem. can you fix it??
2023-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules