40619 98 2015-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

pctechcomputers Posted at 2016-3-21 00:28
**** The posts are shielded ****

I'm afraid you just didn't upgrade the firmware successfully.
Please read below upgrading notes carefully and try to do the upgrading again:
Osmo upgrading Notes.png
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

farokhi.amirhos Posted at 2016-3-29 23:44
Hi there,

I've bought an OSMO about 3 month ago, It was working pretty good since yesterday that i ...

Hi,
Sorry about the problem!
Have you ever crashed the Osmo before?
The gimbal may malfunction, you may want to send it in for repair. Please contact your dealer for further assistance.
If you need any help, please contact us freely.
2016-3-29
Use props
Jakub7
New

Poland

Hello,

Bought Osmo 4 days ago. I have the same problems, gimbal is not working correctly.
Its the same like here
[backcolor=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]

What is wrong with this camera ? I was only able to use it 3 times , now i have to wait 3 weeks for repair , thats crazy
2016-4-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Jakub7 Posted at 2016-4-11 15:37
Hello,

Bought Osmo 4 days ago. I have the same problems, gimbal is not working correctly.

Hello! Sorry about the problem!
It's not a problem of the camera but the gimbal.
Can you connect it to the DJI GO App? If you can, I'm afraid you need to contact your dealer for repair.
Please feel free to contact us for any other assistance.
2016-4-11
Use props
Jakub7
New

Poland

Yes i can , its even recording but gimball is not working.

Is it kind of factory defect or just malfunction ?
If its factory defect, shop should give me new one without this defect. If its malfunction i have to wait 3 weeks.
Please answer, thx !
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Jakub7 Posted at 2016-4-11 16:47
Yes i can , its even recording but gimball is not working.

Is it kind of factory defect or just mal ...

The inner component or part of the gimbal may malfunction.
It may be out of a careless assembly or caused by the wear of the mechanical components.
If your Osmo is still in our warranty of return & exchange, please contact your dealer for further assistance.
Before that, I would recommend reviewing our detail after-sales policy so that you can get the favorable service. Website: http://www.dji.com/service
2016-4-11
Use props
Jakub7
New

Poland

Thank You
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Cheer up! Things could be worse...
2016-4-11
Use props
Jakub7
New

Poland

True

Phantom is still working and flying very well
2016-4-12
Use props
all32
New

Ukraine

Hello.  Has anyone has decided this problem?  What is the reason?  I have no way to return or give away to the service center my Osmo.  I will give away local repairers  and would like to know the reason order to point to it in the repair service. What is it, controllers, motors, program crashes ...?
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

all32 Posted at 2016-4-22 18:26
Hello.  Has anyone has decided this problem?  What is the reason?  I have no way to return or give a ...

Hello!
It's an hardware issue. We would only recommend returning it for repair.
Thanks for your cooperation!
2016-4-23
Use props
nicksmithedit
New

United Kingdom

HI
i have this same issue - beeping  - says its locked and cant progress with set up in the app... i would have expected more from dji - like maybe quality checks before shipping faulty products..How can it be that so many people have had this problem - are these devices checked before being packaged and sold??  This has not only put me off the osmo - but also anything else dji related...i have had the product for two days now - im now spending my time chasing the re seller for an rma .. this is an awfull waste of time and money.. How can you market a professional product when you cant even be sure it will work out the box??  
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nicksmithedit Posted at 2016-5-10 17:20
HI
i have this same issue - beeping  - says its locked and cant progress with set up in the app...  ...

Sorry for any trouble!
We would definitely try to improve our QA/QC in the future.
Some inferior finished products may flow into market accidentally. However, the malfunction may be caused by the transportation or something else.
Anyways, we would always like to help solve the problem for our customers.

If you need any help, please let me know.
Thanks for your understanding!
2016-5-10
Use props
tim0
New

Australia

I got mine 9 days ago. Used it at least 8 times. then just now open it from box to use it and same problem.
do I need a RA for the shop to exchange it easier ?
I expect a complete swap for a new one being less than 15 days old.

2016-5-30
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

tim0 Posted at 2016-5-30 18:42
I got mine 9 days ago. Used it at least 8 times. then just now open it from box to use it and same p ...

Hello.
Sorry for any trouble.
Firstly, I'd like you to review our after-sales policy at http://www.dji.com/service. We'll always try to provide the fair and reasonable after-sales service for our customers based on certain information.
To figure out the problem of your Osmo, more detail information is needed. Could you please tell me more about your trouble of the Osmo?

Thanks.
2016-5-30
Use props
Rasid1
New

Curaçao

I received my osmo yesterday and i have many issues, the battery is not turning red when charging and I have the beeping sound after trying everything on this page,

I live in the caribbean, Curacao, Willemstad (netherlands antilles)

I would like to return my product, what are the steps?
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Rasid1 Posted at 2016-6-2 23:41
I received my osmo yesterday and i have many issues, the battery is not turning red when charging an ...

Hello.
Sorry for any issues.
If it's really necessary to return it, you can contact your dealer for help or you please contact support.us@dji.com for further help.
Before any judgement of the problems, may I know more details about the situation so that we may figure out the issues for you right here? A video of showing the problems would be preferred.

Thanks for your cooperation.
2016-6-2
Use props
robertklimmek
New

Brazil

Well guys, I have to tell you that the same occurred to me too
Every post I see, I feel more terrorized and hopeless...

I got My Osmo today. so... I turned it on, activated it, everything was working just fine. then I turned it off. not more than a minute later, I turned on again, and the gimbal made strange spins and tilts, and the motors kind of stuck and vibrating. the problem persisted the same way every time I turned it on then. so I was prompted by DJI Go app to update the firmware, and i've done it hoping that it would maybe "reset" gimbal parameters and everything would be just fine again. So after the firmware update 1.6.2.10 the gimbal was not doing that strange movements again, however, it was not working at all. on the app screen the message that the gimbal was locked appeared, but it was not locked, all three axis were UNLOCKED and after some sort of random tests, i've discovered that when the second axis is LOCKED the gimbal "thinks" that it is UNLOCKED, and tries to rotate, obviously with no success. so I tried everything, turn on, turn of, reupdate firmware, use Android, iOS, take gimbal out of the mount with the device on, with the device off, every sort of combinations... and nothing solved. the system simply "thinks" that when the second axis is LOCKED, the gimbal is UNLOCKED, and when second axis is UNLOCKED, it "thinks" it is LOCKED. so it's kind of a logic problem, maybe due to a software or even hardware.

I have a Phantom 3 and this product work just fine, perfectly. I hope not to lose faith on DJI, I always trusted on their products quality, but now I've seen so many cases of problems on the Osmo Product, and from a lot of people. Anyway, I will be changing the unit tomorrow for a new one, but with so many cases of problems, I'm feeling like the statistics is against me, and if I change the product, the new one will have a problem too
2016-6-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

robertklimmek@g Posted at 2016-6-27 07:06
Well guys, I have to tell you that the same occurred to me too
Every post I see, I feel more terrori ...

Hi Robert,
Please re-install the latest DJI GO App. Normally, when the DJI GO APP and the firmware are all up to date, this shouldn't be an issue.
Please try to reset the firmware by "Trigger+Record+Power Switch" method.

Any further update and detail would be appreciated.
2016-6-26
Use props
robertklimmek
New

Brazil

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-27 00:31
Hi Robert,
Please re-install the latest DJI GO App. Normally, when the DJI GO APP and the firmware ...

Hi there, Adela, I already tried that, and had the same result. restart firmware, reinstall DJI Go, both, on my Ipad and my Android Smartphone, and the same happened

this issue occur even without the DJi go App working, so it must be hardware related. if the second axis (roll) is locked and I turn the Osmo on, the gimbal moves, and thats the only way it moves,

like on the table below.

pitch axis    roll axis     pan axis       result when turning on
LOCKED    LOCKED      LOCKED      GIMBAL TRIES TO MOVE
LOCKED     LOCKED     UNLOCKED   GIMBAL TRIES TO MOVE
LOCKED     UNLOCKED   LOCKED     GIMBAL DOES NOTHING
LOCKED     UNLOCKED   UNLOCKED  GIMBAL DOES NOTHING
UNLOCKED  LOCKED      LOCKED      GIMBAL TRIES TO MOVE
UNLOCKED  LOCKED      UNLOCKED  GIMBAL TRIES TO MOVE
UNLOCKED  UNLOCKED  LOCKED      GIMBAL DOES NOTHING
UNLOCKED  UNLOCKED  UNLOCKED  GIMBAL DOES NOTHING

if you notice what im trying to say, is that the gimbal tries to work only when the roll axis is LOCKED, but that's on the wrong condition.
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

robertklimmek@g Posted at 2016-6-27 19:23
Hi there, Adela, I already tried that, and had the same result. restart firmware, reinstall DJI Go ...

Hi Robert,
Thanks for your efforts and your detail feedback.
I'm afraid you're right, there might be something wrong with the hardware, could you please contact your dealer or email to support@dji.com for repair?

Any further update would be appreciated.
2016-6-27
Use props
kBLuFqcJLwRn
New

United States

I've had my Osmo for about 22 days and it just stopped working. Turns on Beeps. Camera connects but the gimble won't move unless its reseting itself and snapping around. Is this the same issue as everyone else? This is crazy to me that so many people are having this issue and they are just telling people to send an email to have it fixed. These should be replaced at retail level! I bought this with a phantom, was looking at the Inspire next but wit this type of quality issues and hoops to jump through to get a less than 30 day item exchanged makes me not want to buy anything else.
Make it right DJI!!!!
2016-9-16
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35118 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Okay so I've had my OSMO for 2 weeks and use it professionally along with my other cameras making real estate films, so this is not a hobby toy for me but an important tool.

I took it with me this morning to shoot another job and it initialised okay, but the gimbal was vibrating intermittently. So I restarted it by shutting it down and reinstalling the battery, and now when it initialises it just does this wild turn and bangs the X3 camera head into the rear motor, same as what is happening with everyone else on here.
It looks like this same problem has been happening to many people for the last 8 months, why is this happening, how can we fix it and what garantee do we have that it will not happen again?

I have over $1200 invested in my DJI OSMO after purchasing the Z-Axis plus 3 additional batteries, so I need a solution to this problem immediately as this is a business tool not a hobby toy.  I just cancelled an order for another OSMO until this problem is resolved.

2016-10-10
Use props
salgado
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12231 ft
Mali

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-19 09:43
Hi, have you done the activation of OSMO? Can you provide more details about the problem? Would yo ...

Listen, read this forum, no need to post the same videos again and again, many of us are having the same problem. Looks like there is an App/Firmware issue somewhere, and DJI is asking to return the OSMO which in cases like me is just a nightmare (Africa/distance/not reliable). There is a BIG PROBLEM DJI needs to adress, I see more and more posts like this.
2016-10-10
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35118 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So hey DJI what's happening with this situation, nothing?

The seller would not replace mine, so I ended up having to ship it all the way from Australia to Hong Kong for repair. Now I have to go back to using a heavy old Glidecam to do my job.
Not happy DJI, not happy at all!!! {:4_154:}

2016-10-17
Use props
N45m03plJ8YF
New

United States

You cant make this up!

One day after purchase from DJI website, I get this problem!

I send the entire package in, wait 20 days... and guess what...

I get a 'repaired' OSMO that STILL DOES THE SAME THING!!!

I want my money back! NOW! I cant believe this!!!
2016-10-28
Use props
usere3986bbf3f
New
Italy

I have the same problem. Can you help me?
2016-11-6
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

N45m03plJ8YF Posted at 2016-10-29 01:49
You cant make this up!

We're very sorry, can you tell me your RMA number?
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

usere3986bbf3f Posted at 2016-11-6 08:29
I have the same problem. Can you help me?

Hi, please email to support.eu@dji.com and send it in.
2016-11-7
Use props
Ramakanth
New

India

My New Osmo+ is beeping too.. what should I do??
2016-12-2
Use props
fansf8e594ba
lvl.1

Brazil

Hello people, my OSMO after only 2 months of use has presented the problem of 3 beps.

I'm from Brazil and we have no dealer support

Att,
Anderson
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Ramakanth Posted at 2016-12-3 02:42
My New Osmo+ is beeping too.. what should I do??

If it beeps and doesn't do anything, please contact DJI and send it in for an exchange.
2016-12-7
Use props
Daniel Silva
New

Brazil

Hello,

I bought a OSMO about 7 days ago, unlocked the three locks, and when I called it, it starts beeping and none of the rotors work, so I turned on my iPhone, opened the DJI Go app, did the registration and update activation and Connect, it says that "Gilmbal is blocked" is not.

I tried to re-calibrate the gimbal, but I did not succeed, I tried to downgrade the firmware & etc, none of them worked, no solved the problem

Checking the OSMO forum on this problem, I noticed that there are many people with this same problem, but I have not found a solution.

What is the procedure to solve this problem?

Since the device was purchased in the US and I'm in Brazil and as I checked that you do not have a repair center here.

I urgently need a solution.Daniel Albuquerque

2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Daniel Silva Posted at 2016-12-15 11:00
Hello,

I bought a OSMO about 7 days ago, unlocked the three locks, and when I called it, it starts beeping and none of the rotors work, so I turned on my iPhone, opened the DJI Go app, did the registration and update activation and Connect, it says that "Gilmbal is blocked" is not.

I'm sorry Daniel, please use online chat on www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to send it in. As indicated in the warranty terms, you need to send it to US for a warranty repair/exchange.
2016-12-15
Use props
fansf6093b30
New
Flight distance : 2848 ft

United States

Yep, same problem that many are having - talked to DJI and tried some things and then a firmware update [zip file DJI sent me] Nothing will fix this that I know of. OSMO is a month old. Again seems like an update to DJI GO was in correlation to the gimbal not unlocking problem.

Awaiting Shipping label to return to repair per DJI's request.
2017-1-6
Use props
fansf6093b30
New

United States

UPDATE

OSMO shipped to Carson, CA today. No amount of messing with the dam thing got it out of it's status.

Be interesting to see if it gets replaced or repaired.

Should they be thinking recall?

2017-1-10
Use props
Intense
New

Germany

Hey,

know I have the same Problem...

10 accu charges and know the gimbal make the same...

Had anyone a result for it? Please help!

Best regards from Germany
2017-1-16
Use props
fansf6093b30
New

United States

Intense,

Unfortunately, you'll need to get it to DJI repair. They had me do a firmware revert, and install some stuff, none of which worked.

They know of the problem and I had a good experience sending it in. However, I live in S. CA where the DJI repair center is just south of here 20 miles.

It came back working better than when I bought it, so they definitely know the fix. They didn't say what they did unfortunately and then referred to my Drone in the return paperwork.

Ugh.

But OSMO is doing well, that's all that matters.
2017-1-23
Use props
AOProducoes
lvl.1

Brazil

N45m03plJ8YF Posted at 2016-10-28 22:49
You cant make this up!

What did you do? Resended again?
2017-1-27
Use props
ozan bas
New

Turkey

i had same problem yesterday, just after the last update on android 6.0.1 Samsung J5 2016 (i tried to avoid update. but the software did not let me to oparate without update). I was using it very carefully and it was not just in early progress, I had plenty days of video, mostly oparated with iphone 6. Yesterday I receorded some video with Samsung J5. Then shut it down, locked it all around. When I turned it back on, beep beep... I tired everything, recalibrating, rebooting.. on Samsung and iphone. Doesn't work. Device is bought from US and being used in Turkey. I hope there is an offical service in Istanbul. Returning it to US will be a huge pain.

2017-2-13
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules