GPS the best you can get
1173 5 2015-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deanward
lvl.1

United States

I have a Phantom 2 Vision plus. Here is my question what is the best GPS upgrade I can do ?
Can I purchase a GLONASS Receiver Module and install it and get more satellites?
Is the Glonass Module compatible? I have tryed the copper foil and want more what can I do?
Looking for a purchase, tare it appart install - plug and play

Please let me know your thoughts,
Thank you,
DW

2015-10-25
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

try either of these, used both and both work better than OEM by far

DIGIKEY

http://www.digikey.com/product-d ... 931-1015-ND/2332642
http://www.digikey.com/product-d ... 931-1126-ND/2690283
2015-10-25
Use props
deanward
lvl.1

United States

Thank you but what one of thee two is best? How do I install ? And has anyone used these in a phantom 2 vision Plus?
2015-10-25
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

deanward@charte Posted at 2015-10-25 23:03
Thank you but what one of thee two is best? How do I install ? And has anyone used these in a phanto ...

yes I have used themboth in phantoms, that's why I posted for you,
which is best?  I have no idea but they are much better than OEM.

BEST is often personal versus provable!

you can get every answer you want by RESEARCH on this forum, phantompilots.com forum, and google if search is presented correctly.  This was dealt with  quite abit in Jan, Feb and March.  YouTube has videos for doing it all as well
2015-10-27
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Ok just finished my mod using the second one listed. Had to trim a little plastic ribbing from the top of the shell, no big deal. Installed it and tested. Had an increase of an additional three satellites. Cloudy damp day and I picked up 10 satellites. Normally can get 6 to maximum of 7. Feel a lot better with the 10 , keeps me further away from a dreaded fly a way due to loos of satellite signal during flight. Took a it 45 minutes taking my time.
2015-11-7
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-11-7 07:17
Ok just finished my mod using the second one listed. Had to trim a little plastic ribbing from the t ...

good to hear!

That extra satellite or 3 makes a world of difference in my comfort level when it flying.

after it is up higher 11-12 is not unusual after a bit.

for the time and cost it is a no brainer upgrade that like you say just may keep the quad in YOUR hands vs long gone.
2015-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules