18567 19 2015-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alirz1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone bought from DJI and had it shipped to Canada? DO they ship from a Canadian warehouse or something? Wondering if i would have to pay tax, duties etc?
Tried to chat with their pre sales, but no response.

Thanks
2015-10-26
Use props
Crowesnest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119741 ft
Canada

I live in Winnipeg, Canada and I ordered direct from DJI. In my case, once it ships (which can take some time) it comes direct from DJI in China using DHL Air Express. Shipping takes about 3 or 4 days. There are no additional charges. No tax or duty charges.
2015-10-26
Use props
alirz1
lvl.4
Canada

thanks for letting me know.So you only paid the USD to CDN conversion. Did the DJI site add an tax when you made the purchase online with them?
2015-10-26
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

I got 3 shipments from DJI to Canada and so far, no duties.
2015-10-26
Use props
alirz1
lvl.4
Canada

What about tax. Does the web site add any tax when you buy on dji web site.
2015-10-26
Use props
ryan.a89
lvl.1

Canada

alirz1 Posted at 2015-10-26 09:22

The only thing you pay is the exchange rate on the US pricing. DJI doesn't charge any tax on the total amount, and the invoice that you'll receive with the shipment shows that DJI covered the duty payable. Pretty great deal for Canadian's at the moment, and helps to account for our weaker dollar.
2015-10-26
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

alirz1 Posted at 2015-10-26 12:22

No taxes that I can remember.

Only the credit card conversion.
2015-10-26
Use props
Prometheus Xex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178068 ft
Canada

Someone suggested to pay with PayPAL as the US/CAD exchange is better than VISA.
2015-10-26
Use props
alirz1
lvl.4
Canada

awesome thanks...
2015-10-26
Use props
fvnaguib
lvl.3
United States

Man, don't do this big mistake, DJI.com is the worst ever place to buy from. they have the worst customer service and if you got any problem with your product, they don't answer phone calls to help you. you can read online about the horrible customer experience they provide.

They have great products tho, the phantom 3 is an awesome drone, just buy it from a place with good customer service. amazon is really good (as usual) and also I heard http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ (authorized DJI dealer ) is really good ( actually they are the ONLY people who are allowed to sell the extended SquareTrade crash warranty when you buy your phantom from them).
2015-10-26
Use props
alirz1
lvl.4
Canada

@fvnaguib

Thanks. Yes im well aware of that also. I havent decided where to buy yet. Just checking options. For sure Amazon is better.
2015-10-26
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

Dear alirz1, we ship to Canada from China and you don't need to pay custom fee or VAT. If someone tries to charge you ,please don't pay for it and contact us immediately. Thanks.
2015-10-27
Use props
thebiomed.yahoo
lvl.3
Canada

Once the order is placed with dji.com, how long does shipping generally take for arrival in Canada?
2015-10-27
Use props
flying-camera
lvl.2
Canada

I bought from one of these authorized dealers, worked great for me and I think it's good dealing with someone in your country in case you have issues.  http://www.dji.com/product/phantom/dealer

I had free shipping, and got it within 2 business days.  You can also call them.
2015-10-27
Use props
thebiomed.yahoo
lvl.3
Canada

flying-camera Posted at 2015-10-27 13:29
I bought from one of these authorized dealers, worked great for me and I think it's good dealing wit ...

You make a good point about local customer support....however, the no taxes/duties option from dji.com is very enticing.
2015-10-27
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-27
Use props
fvnaguib
lvl.3
United States

thebiomed.yahoo Posted at 2015-10-27 15:18
You make a good point about local customer support....however, the no taxes/duties option from dji ...

you see, you asked DJI drone a question and never get back to you. That's the level of service that you will expect from them. try to contact sales people by phone/email/website and see if you will be able to get hold of anyone. I would pay the extra money for the taxes and get it from local dealer or amazon. If it's up to me, I will get it from B&H and get the square trade warranty.
2015-10-27
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

thebiomed.yahoo Posted at 2015-10-28 00:29
Once the order is placed with dji.com, how long does shipping generally take for arrival in Canada?

Different products have  different " available to ship" days. You can check it in our online store. Normally, it takes about 3-5 working days after order shipped out. Thanks.
2015-10-29
Use props
thebiomed.yahoo
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Store Posted at 2015-10-29 05:06
Different products have  different " available to ship" days. You can check it in our online store ...

Thank you for your response. Have a great day.
2015-10-29
Use props
seanmcdonaldpho
lvl.1

Canada

I was surprised that there were no taxes
2016-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules