United States

http://www.insidelouisville.com/drone-shooter-goes-to-court/
2015-10-26
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Hope the guy who had his drone shot down sets up a go fund me account I'll happily donate.
2015-10-26
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Rocket_Aus Posted at 2015-10-27 01:55
Hope the guy who had his drone shot down sets up a go fund me account I'll happily donate.

If the douche bag judge didn't even bother looking at the video of the shoot down which proved that the "drone" wasn't hovering 10 foot above his sunbathing daughter, maybe it's time to start hunting the hunters. Use a kit 250 racer acting as cover. Shoot at my quad, and you may end up being hunted yourself.

From what I've read, the owner can appeal the dismissal of the case, and he should.

I'd also contact the FAA and get them involved or the whole charade of a quad being an aircraft goes out the window and they have no authority to regulate. Can't have it both ways Uncle Sam.
2015-10-28
Use props
Viper989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891194 ft
Canada

Thought i'd share

2015-10-28
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

Viper989 Posted at 2015-10-28 18:03
Thought i'd share

https://youtu.be/GC85qvEhbLA

Did you notice that the DJI Phantom was by far the most stable? I was surprised how jittery the video on the $100,000 drone was.

Butch
2015-10-28
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

daviskw2004 Posted at 2015-10-28 19:24
Did you notice that the DJI Phantom was by far the most stable? I was surprised how jittery the vi ...

You can't draw any conclusion on the video stability as the 3DR copter used a non stabilized gimbal, the Phantom used a stabilized gimbal and the $100k copter used who knows what.

The $100 copter image if you look at it on a large screen you can see there is a issue getting the FPV signal and what is being displayed is only using a small part of the screen. Also, I don't see an antenna attached to the hardened laptop used.

The IPad that the Phantom used was very brilliant, almost life like.

To draw any conclusion, you need to inspect the finished video, which we haven't seen. The only full sized video is from the 3DR Solo, but like I said, the gimbal isn't stabilized.
2015-10-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I thought that for a program that was intended to show that the drones were not suited to spying, it did a poor job. There was no focus on the surveillance ability of them. They should have set up a an attempt to look in a house window, or spy on a dummy sunning in the backyard or something. It did not work for me.
2015-10-28
Use props
nfatoys
lvl.3

United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-10-29 08:59
You can't draw any conclusion on the video stability as the 3DR copter used a non stabilized gimba ...

"the 3DR copter used a non stabilized gimbal"

If you look close at the video, and look at a picture of the 3DR Solo, you'll see that the Solo was not fitted with a gimbal.  It was using a standard GoPro style camera mount.   The Solo Gimbal is a $400 option that is not currently available built-in from the factory.   You have to install it after-market yourself; and there are some tricky techniques that are needed to do it right.
2015-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules