Battery noise coming from the ronin M
1374 1 2015-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tim.farmer
New

United Kingdom

Hi,

I recently purchased a Ronin M. In the main I'm very happy with it and am looking forward to use it in a shoot in a couple of weeks time.

But I just wanted to check something....when I switch it it on, once the motor has kicked in, it makes a low humming noise - kind of like what you hear off a computer fan. It's not a massively loud noise, but if I was recording sound and was close to the talent, I could pick it up. Also, when I'm moving it around, the low hum cuts into a high pitched fast buzz like there's a bit of interference. Is this all normal or is there something in the set up that I've not done??

I'm also using the thumb controller, I don't know if that makes a difference??

On a side note...can anyone recommend a good field minitor to use with this, I have a Lilliput one, but it's a bit bulky and gets heavy with a Sony 970 battery stuck to the back of it.

Cheers,

Tim

2015-10-27
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

The low humming sound is normal, don't worry, if you picked it up and the sound is lounder, please check the stiffness of each axis, decrease the stiffness to see if it sound goes to normal
If the sound is noise when you record in a small room, you can turn on "Silent mode", it is suggested you let the "Slient mode" off when it is unnecessary
2015-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules