Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I sold my Phantom 2 Vision. Is there a "De-Registration Process?"
929 4 2015-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
j.ebuen
New

United States

Hello All,

I just sold my Phantom 2 Vision.  Now, I am wondering, is there a de-registration / re-registration process?  I understand that this drone is registered to me and I would like to de-register it, so I won't be liable for any actions of the new owner.  I did not find any info when I did a search for this topic.  So, I'm sorry if I'm asking a question that has already been covered.

Thanks in advance for any info you all can provide.

Joe
2015-10-27
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

Don't know of any. Just keep the info on the new owner and date they took ownership in case someone comes knocking. Doubtful that thought.
2015-10-27
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

This was the response that I received from DJI to a similar question:
"Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
We are sorry that the name of the aircraft is not able to be changed currently once it has been set. The use of the inspire 1 will not be affected by the name and the warranty period will be counted by the SN number of the aircraft instead of the name of the aircraft.
Thank you for choosing DJI."
I seriously doubt that any enforcement agency will ever be able to link a Phantom or other UAS to the owner through DJI's database.  
2015-10-28
Use props
j.ebuen
New

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-10-27 15:39
Don't know of any. Just keep the info on the new owner and date they took ownership in case someone  ...

Thanks for your input, Roy....appreciate it!
2015-10-29
Use props
j.ebuen
New

United States

Movin on Posted at 2015-10-28 12:33
This was the response that I received from DJI to a similar question:
"Thank you for contacting DJI  ...

Thanks "Movin on" for your comments....
2015-10-29
Use props
Advanced