35871 99 2014-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dale.kaechler
lvl.2

Canada

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-3 00:55
Guys -

Think of it as base to recommended requirements. Yes it will run on a iPad4 but to get decen ...

Ok then if it is better with an a7 or a8 will iPad Air 2 wifi 16 gb do or will I need the 64gb version?
2015-1-3
Use props
madmaxx
lvl.1

United States

I just bought a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 WiFi tablet with GPS from B Buy for $199... pretty good tablet... haven't  used my laptop since I got it, can't wait to get my Inspire to try it out.
2015-1-3
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

16gb model will do fine. The only reason why I have an iPad air is to run dji apps. I'm more of an android guy.
2015-1-3
Use props
pauldean85
lvl.3

United Kingdom

My Xperia Z2 tablet runs the app fine, but I'm getting a strange issue with the map view with the compass being way off the direction I'm actually facing. This doesn't happen in Google maps and other dedicated compass apps are working correctly - this seems to be an issue with the DJI app.
2015-1-3
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

MTShipp Posted at 2014-11-25 04:18
I already have the iPad Air 2 and wonder if the remote comes with a mount capable of mating with it  ...

The bracket for the tablet is adjustable all the way down to an IPhone. I am going to use the iPad Air 2 for mine.
2015-1-3
Use props
metdfd
New

United States

just received my new inspire1 today and tried to download the ios app on my iphoe6+ and mini and once it ask for the serial # it comes back with a error message " the sn does not match"  .  I cant use my unit now until i download the app.  PLEASE HELP
2015-1-3
Use props
Paras
lvl.2

Spain

metdfd Posted at 2015-1-4 13:14
just received my new inspire1 today and tried to download the ios app on my iphoe6+ and mini and onc ...

it would be great if you provide us with unedited video footage of the inspire to test its camera quality!!
2015-1-4
Use props
dale.kaechler
lvl.2

Canada

metdfd Posted at 2015-1-4 13:14
just received my new inspire1 today and tried to download the ios app on my iphoe6+ and mini and onc ...

It sounds like the serial number wasn't built in to their data base. Send them an email. There is 24/7 support numbers posted on this board.
2015-1-4
Use props
dale.kaechler
lvl.2

Canada

mlebout@hotmail Posted at 2014-11-26 08:47
From DJI's site:

Mobile Device System Requirements

I find that my iPad 4 and iPhone 6 plus are hard to view in the sun.
2015-1-4
Use props
ebarronh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10203 ft
Peru

iPad Mini Retina with Cellular.
As far as I could tell, the iPad app may use your own GPS data (from your iPad) on the maps (I tested the app with no controller connected).  Remember iPad Cellular is the only one that has accurate GPS . Plus, even though you may cache the maps (?), you would probably feel more confortable having your own cellular connection every time you would like to fly.
2015-1-4
Use props
pimezon1
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hello
I want to  ask a think.
Which model of Ipad AIR 2   is compatible with DJI PILOT app?
Wi-Fi model  ???     or      Wi-Fi + Cellular model ???
Which??
Regards
2015-1-5
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

pimezon1@hotmai Posted at 2015-1-6 04:18
Hello
I want to  ask a think.
Which model of Ipad AIR 2   is compatible with DJI PILOT app?

Both are available. GPS data is in the RC so there is no need to use GPS data from ipad.
From my point of view it's better to use the one with cellular cause it's easier to update the APP, but whether with cellular or not won't affect the flight.
2015-1-6
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

After doing the research I went with the new iPad Air. With the Pilot Program and all of the available data a smart phone is not the answer.
2015-1-6
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wait before you purchase an Ipad Air.

I like the tablet holder, but will not fit my Ipad Air with a case. The RC with Ipad is heavy.  Now I know whay they incuded a "strap on steroids."

Now that I've used it for a few days, my personal preference is to use a smaller tablet like the Ipad mini. It's big enough to navigate the app and the screen is more than adequate. If you haven't bough an Ipad Air yet, I would hold off until you get your Inspire, because you too may prefer a smaller Samsung or Ipad mini.
2015-1-6
Use props
AVNes
lvl.3

United States

Has anyone tried the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with their Inspire 1 yet? Since I will not be able to use my iPad mini (a5) I am looking at using the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 as I will be needing two of them.
2015-1-6
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 519275 ft
Canada

I just got the Air2.  Very happy with it.  Target & Walmart have them on sale right now.  I don't find the air2 to be too heavy or big.  I was able to hold transmitter with no issues.  In direct sun light the air2 still requires a hood.  The anti reflective screen doesn't work well with polarized sun glasses either.
2015-3-9
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

I use a pair of Nexus 7s and they work great. reconditioned on Amazon for $175 Gen 2 w/ 32g onboard. Absolutely no issues AND it's on the original "tested" list
2015-3-9
Use props
subopradhan
lvl.1
Nepal

My inspire 1 works fine with my iPhone 6plus but since I wanted a larger display, I decided to buy a new tablet since my iPad mini wasn't supported by DJI Go apps. Then bought this Samsung Galaxy Tab E considered the latest model in which the apps downloaded fine but when connected with the controller, it wouldn't communicate with the drone and open up the control screen and instead remained in the home page. Can somebody please help, worried now that I have wasted my money on something that wouldn't be compatible.
2015-8-23
Use props
InspireHelp
lvl.2

United States

Here's a list of tablets recommended by DJI or other DJI GO users:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/which-device-s-do-you-use-to-run-the-dji-pilot-app.48525

www.Inspire1Help.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Inspire.
Inspires in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-23
Use props
reubensimmonds
lvl.1

Thailand

StevenHuff Posted at 2014-11-26 00:56
I guess it's obvious that I am new to all of this but It just occurred to me... when flying or trave ...

2016-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules