ordered direct from DJI why not Version 3?!?!?!?
3061 24 2014-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisgreenback
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12881 ft
United States

Well I got my Phantom 2 Vision early direct from DJI and after doing a bit of research here on the forums, since mine doesn't specify what version above the bar code it turns out I either have a version 1 or 2!!!  Why would DJI just not send me the latest version direct from their factory!?!?  And what are the version differences....am I not getting the latest and greatest quadcopter because it's not a version 3?!?!?  What's the deal DJI!?

2014-12-20
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Well if you don't know the difference, how do you know you have not got the latest version ?
If your transmitter has the rechargeable batteries then its the latest version, you will not have the tilt wheel on the basic vision, that's only on the plus.
2014-12-20
Use props
chrisgreenback
lvl.2
United States

My transmitter takes regular batteries and is NOT rechargable. Why wouldn't DJI send me the latest version?  Doesn't version three come with upgraded battery contacts and motors?
2014-12-20
Use props
tmansonusa
lvl.2

United States

There is a very big difference between v1 and v2.  For instance, if it has a smart battery it is a v2 (if the battery has two cabled connectors, it is a v1).  If the remote has the tilt wheel (upper left corner) and extra green LEDs next to the on-off switch, then it is a v3.
2014-12-20
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you paid the higher price - that is, the $1299  price - and bought it in the last 3 weeks or so, you certainly should have gotten the newer model.

Perhaps it's a mistake? You should contact DJI.

To my knowledge, it's the models that have been selling for about $1100 that are the older model and the newer is $1299.
2014-12-20
Use props
chrisgreenback
lvl.2
United States

tmansonusa@msn. Posted at 2014-12-21 09:48
There is a very big difference between v1 and v2.  For instance, if it has a smart battery it is a v ...

I am not sure what you mean by if the battery has two cable connectors.....My battery plugs into one "black brick" looking thing and plugs into the battery.....
2014-12-20
Use props
chrisgreenback
lvl.2
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2014-12-21 10:20
If you paid the higher price - that is, the $1299  price - and bought it in the last 3 weeks or so,  ...

I paid 759.00 for my DJI phantom 2 vision....it is the only selection to choose from that is a "non" plus model on their website.
2014-12-20
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

chrisgreenback@ Posted at 2014-12-21 14:45
I paid 759.00 for my DJI phantom 2 vision....it is the only selection to choose from that is a "no ...

You have the round camera on board.  You bought the first version of the Phantom.
2014-12-20
Use props
chrisgreenback
lvl.2
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-21 14:47
You have the round camera on board.  You bought the first version of the Phantom.

round camera?  the version 3 had a different camera?   i definetly have a round camera on mine....why would they just not send me the V3 instead of the older version?  On the DJI website there isn't a way to select what version you want.....am i missing out on that much.....that i should be worried about flying this version.....the main reason I am worried is because of the upgraded battery contacts that the newer version comes with that mine doesnt.....
2014-12-20
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

The Version 3 cost $1299

https://store.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus?position=1  

This is the version 3
2014-12-20
Use props
chrisgreenback
lvl.2
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-21 15:21
The Version 3 cost $1299

https://store.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus?position=1  

well now I am totally confused.....if the version three is just the + model that i ordered the correct one.....I wanted the non plus....i thought the non plus also came in some kind of a V3.....was i wrong in assuming this?  and if so is the Phantom vision 2 (non plus) which I have still a capable model?
2014-12-20
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

You have the first version. Do some research and compare each one and what they have built into them.
You ordered the original Phantom 2,  then they came out with the Phantom 2 Vision plus in March I think,  now they have upgraded the Vision plus and called it version 3.
2014-12-20
Use props
chrisgreenback
lvl.2
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-21 15:31
You have the first version. Do some research and compare each one and what they have built into them ...

thanks for the replies Gerry I appreciate the help....I am fine with this particular model as I won't be doing to much high end arial photography...I'm just getting into the sport so I wanted something that came with a camera and was easy to fly....looks like I got just that...I will be taking it out for it's first flight tomorrow....i just thought that the regular vision 2 had a 3rd version that had come out to replace the battery "contact" issue and that is why i was concerned....thanks for your help!  one last question...is it ok if i leave the battery plugged in overnight?  I am not sure if this particular model came with what they call the "smart battery" and I don't want anything to happen to it while it's plugged in overnight...thanks for any help Gerry!
2014-12-20
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Do all your calibrations from the app on your computer and calibrate the compass at the site you will fly before you take off.  Read the manual for the operation of the control sticks and flying it.  I leave my battery in and have it turned off.  Charge it before flying.

This is one of the few videos I have edited so far.  

2014-12-20
Use props
chrisgreenback
lvl.2
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-21 15:41
Do all your calibrations from the app on your computer and calibrate the compass at the site you wil ...

you have the non plus version Gerry?  and what video editing software do you use?  what size sd card do you use?
2014-12-21
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

chrisgreenback@ Posted at 2014-12-21 16:00
you have the non plus version Gerry?  and what video editing software do you use?  what size sd ca ...

I have 2 Phantom 2 Vision plus's in my bird cage.  One of them I just upgraded to the Version 3 with the new parts, but I haven't flown it yet.  I have just purchased 2 new sandisk class 10 Extreme Pro 16 gb.  The video was done on the cheap class 4, 4 gb card that came with the Phantoms.  Right now I have just moviemaker for windows as my editing, but after Christmas,  I'm going shopping for a Corel program for editing.  The class 10 ultra pro memory card will get rid of all the pixilation you saw in the video.  It's a lot faster for read/write capability.
2014-12-21
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

chrisgreenback@ Posted at 2014-12-21 16:00
you have the non plus version Gerry?  and what video editing software do you use?  what size sd ca ...

I just sent you an invite to my other videos that I have downloaded.  Hope you can view them.
2014-12-21
Use props
tmansonusa
lvl.2

United States

chrisgreenback@ Posted at 2014-12-21 14:44
I am not sure what you mean by if the battery has two cable connectors.....My battery plugs into o ...

What I mean is: if your battery has two pigtails hanging from it (each with its own connector), it is a v1.  If it has no cables and connectors hanging from it - that is a smart battery and is v2.
2014-12-21
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

tmansonusa@msn. Posted at 2014-12-21 19:51
What I mean is: if your battery has two pigtails hanging from it (each with its own connector), it  ...

We have already determined he has the V2.
2014-12-21
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

chrisgreenback@ Posted at 2014-12-21 15:27
well now I am totally confused.....if the version three is just the + model that i ordered the cor ...

It comes only without the camera in the new version - that is, plain and bare.

The vision is not being made any longer (assumption), so they cannot update it.

It's a decent bird and that is a great price though (on the round cam model). I have a friend who just bought one of those.
2014-12-21
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tmansonusa@msn. Posted at 2014-12-21 19:51
What I mean is: if your battery has two pigtails hanging from it (each with its own connector), it  ...

This is confusing because you are talking about the difference between the Phantom ONE and the Phantom 2. Others are talking about the Phantom 2, which got updates in November of this year. All Phantom 2's - old and new - have smart batteries.
2014-12-21
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

chrisgreenback@ Posted at 2014-12-21 14:45
I paid 759.00 for my DJI phantom 2 vision....it is the only selection to choose from that is a "no ...
There are only three models of the Phantom 2...the Phantom 2, the Phantom 2 Vision Plus, and the Phantom 2 Vision. The first two have been getting upgrades, the Phantom 2 Vision has not.

You bought the Phantom 2 Vision. That's the one that DJI lists on their website for $759. There is no upgraded version of the Vision, it's still back on version 1, so you did get the latest version - it's just that the lastest version is a really old version of the Phantom 2. The current version of the Phantom 2 is version 2.0, the current version of the Phantom 2 Vision Plus is 3.0. Both of those two, upgraded in November, have more powerful motors, more efficient propellers, better GPS shielding and RF chokes  (prevents flyaways), an upgraded transmitter with Lipo battery and gimble wheel for camera tile, and a number of other little electronic tweaks and upgrades.

$759 is a good price, but the Vision is the entry-level Phantom 2. It may well an end-of-life product. I note that B&H Photo has it listed as "discontinued".

2014-12-21
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

MacCool Posted at 2014-12-21 23:34
There are only three models of the Phantom 2...the Phantom 2, the Phantom 2 Vision Plus, and the Pha ...

He already knows that.
2014-12-21
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

If he already knew that, he wouldn't have posted the question.
2014-12-21
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

MacCool Posted at 2014-12-22 00:29
If he already knew that, he wouldn't have posted the question.

If you read all the posts, we determined that after he mentioned the price he paid.
2014-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules