Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

On Momday at about 1:00 pm a drone is said to have hit a power line in LA, CA
And it took out about 700 users. Parts of the drone where found on the ground
Where it hit. They are investigating the incident and looking for the owner.

I bet this will hurry up the certification process a little, huh?
2015-10-27
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

It's a real story and I read it. I agree with you 100% about what could have
Taken out a power line. Must have been a big one, huh? LOL. They are saying
Because they found parts of a drone, props, etc,. They are bashing their facts
On the line being broken by a drone. It is a true story and in the paper. I thought
It would have been posted by now. It wasn't so I posted it.

I usually just post my problem and someone helps me. This time I thought you
All might like this one. So how does a P2 or P3 or even an inspire take down a
Big heavy power line? I've never heard of that happening. So it's the good old press
Again or someone making a statement that's not true.
2015-10-27
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

OK I think i have the
I can't get the link to work. Sorry.
It is shown on flipboard  pages though, if you can
Get on flipboard then it's listed under their news
Section.
2015-10-27
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

OK maybe this link will work
http://www.latimes.com/local/lan ... 20151027-story.html

Hope this works. Will try it out after I post it.
2015-10-27
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

There is zero chance a drone use capable of downing a power line unless maybe it's carrying c4, lol
2015-10-28
Use props
Rschutte3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275577 ft
United States

It looks like a blacked out inspire with the old spin props. Weird part is all the props are intact and still functional.
2015-10-28
Use props
Rschutte3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275577 ft
United States

Rschutte3 Posted at 2015-10-28 08:49
It looks like a blacked out inspire with the old spin props. Weird part is all the props are intact  ...

http://abc7.com/news/drone-hits-west-hollywood-power-lines-causes-power-outage/1052589/

Picture is halfway down. One prop is missing....
image.png
2015-10-28
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Shouldn´t take long to find the pilot if they contact DJI ... !?

They must have som shitty power lines in the US ... In Sweden I have seen big trees that has fallen down and ended up resting on the powerline without braking it!
2015-10-28
Use props
btamkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 269291 ft
United States

If an Inspire 1 did actually take down a service line here in the USA, then that line must have been in bad shape and in need of repair or replacment to begin with. I have seen video of Cessna aircraft that have hit these lines and were hanging from them. I smell serious fish on this one.
2015-10-28
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

Listen, we all know this just didn't happen with the P2. My point in posting this was to show what the media is out saying.

They are printing and showing every little thing about drones they can. The CA fire that say 4 or 5 drones where seen causing
Them to shut down their water drops is crap to. I have a close friend who looked into it and talked to the pilot who didn't want
To be talked to. He said this was crap to for many reasons. I won't list them here.

What I am saying is don't keep showing a P2 everything something happens and say this caused it. They keep showing a P2 and
We all know that's because they need to show a photo so they pull up a DJI P2 and post it along with the story.

So this one is just a bunch of crap. The P2 didn't do it unless the line was already very bad and ready to come down. There is
No way a P2 is going to take out a power line that supplies elec to 700 homes and businesses. We all know that and that's why
I posted this. The media is going wild over this and drones. Mine is not a drone, it's a UAV and if they called them UAVs then I
Would call them drones. Just because.

So don't believe all the stories about what they call drones doing bad things in the U.S. Some of them are just not true.
2015-10-28
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

One more thing from me and I'm done with this one.

Why is it always a DJI UAV that they show a big picture of? Could it be because DJI was one of the first companies that came out with their UAVs?
DJI is getting blamed for all kinds of things mostly bad now. At first they where getting credit for doing good things. Now they are being shown
For doing a lot of bad things. Is it because anything that looks like a DJI product is what cause whatever and then they pull up a stock picture of
A P2 one of the first ones out for the hobbits?

Because of all this bad news coverage the news is causing a lot of problems for all of us in the U.S. We can't fly anymore with out someone seeing
Us flying and calling the police. Which I am glad if they come up to me. I'll show them my flight path and video. I don't do or fly as an idiot. I don't
Even fly around my home. I go out in the desert and fly. I can't even get good videos because I can't even get close to good places to take videos
Anymore. So I just enjoy flying now.

If the press keeps this up then they will have a very big impact on our hobby or those trying to make a living being certified and taking video
That is legal. And they will keep it up and that's why I posted this in the first place.

So just go out and enjoy flying and taking the videos, if you can get any in CA. Without being hassled by the police or anyone else. I also saw
That the man who shot down a drone was let off for doing it. If you fly up in the air then if there is any homes where you are flying are going
To show in your videos. If you do not hover above those homes then I don't see what the problem is. I'm flying like any RC person would be.

If this keeps up they will try and tie us to a specific space like a specific field or fly only where RC planes fly.  So enjoy flying while you can.
No the sky is not falling, DJI is.
2015-10-28
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Just discovered carbon fiber conducts electricity, could've possibly shorted it out, still don't seem likely to break the wire though
2015-10-28
Use props
Black Dragon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 734055 ft
United States

I work fore the utility in a different area? Don't have all the facts yet but it sounds like it hit a 3 phase bank? The resulting fault caused the wires to swing and hit each other burning down! Add 16kv and your Inspire is very conducive!!!  Will update if new info comes up?
2015-10-28
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

So ... there are some people who desperatly feel that it is absolutely necessary to ban all "drones" ... OK ... I get that ... I don´t get why though.

What if a bus or a truck where to run in to a powerline pole ... would not that cause it to break (!?) ... hjm ... why this exaggarated concern about UAVs?
Why is it that polititians feel that UAVs are so "dangerous" but still they allow cars, cigarettes, guns etc etc ... !?
Because - it´s NEW and they don´t know very much about it!

We / DJI or any other UAV manufacturer needs to start educating "the world" about UAVs!
2015-10-29
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

w1der Posted at 2015-10-29 17:28
So ... there are some people who desperatly feel that it is absolutely necessary to ban all "drones" ...

Cause they are ignorant.
2015-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules