Panasonic GH4 : Best Settings/Practice/Tips List?
6583 13 2014-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TokyStreetView
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1211378 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Hi Everyone

Just recieved my Ronin and to be fair and while the quality buld is excelletn there are a few shortcoming on this "Expensive" products.

Anyway, I am shooting with a GH4 and I wanted to know what is other people's best parctice or settings or tips for this camera? Could be cool also to add everything in one thread for future users too.

Cheers
2014-12-20
Use props
OscarGirona
New

Spain

I have not been able to balance the GH4. With the 5D Mark III no problem.
2014-12-22
Use props
TokyStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

OscarGirona Posted at 2014-12-22 17:04
I have not been able to balance the GH4. With the 5D Mark III no problem.

Hi,

What's the symptoms that you have? DJI support the GH4 and there are many examples on the web with the GH4...

Personally the first try I made was not great, simply because I did not have much time to test, but after the holidays I will take more time on this.
2014-12-22
Use props
TokyStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Been playing with the Ronin all day long, mean trying to calibrate it, and indeed it seems that the Ronin is not as DJI want you to believe : Compatible with the GH4 or mine is DOA.

I tried pretty much all setting but my Ronin still drift to the right, whatever I am trying to do, it drift to the right https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe9p9s ... 2016.00.12.mov?dl=0

Extremely annoying  :@
2014-12-23
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

TokyStreetView Posted at 2014-12-24 15:20
Been playing with the Ronin all day long, mean trying to calibrate it, and indeed it seems that the  ...

Hi Sir,
Sorry all that bother you. Could you try "Calibrate System"
That could be help
2014-12-24
Use props
TokyStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

DJI-Julain Posted at 2014-12-25 14:08
Hi Sir,
Sorry all that bother you. Could you try "Calibrate System"
That could be help

Hi

I try the "Calibrate System" a good "hundreds" times, either from my iPhone and or Mac, nothing happen.

Also I have few more problems

1. The ronin will no longer turn automatically, it will only stay straight
2. When you power it on, it will automatically shift left of right, NEVER dead centered, I have to use the remote to have it centered.

Honestly, I am quite disappointed so far by this product for the price you are selling it, it feels that I am doing some beta testing. Also since the Ronin is supposed to support the GH4, why don't we have some basic GH4 profile? It will be a great service to offer your client setting for the basics camera you are supported with the basic kit lens.
2014-12-25
Use props
TokyStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

I was giving it another tonight and now things are even worse.

Please have a look at this video and prove me (please) that I am an idiot and I do not know how to use this product, I desperately want it to work!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ci34uo ... 225_193658.mp4?dl=0
Also note that EVERY SINGLE time I use Calibrate system the stifness goes to 62... making huge vribations
2014-12-25
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

TokyStreetView Posted at 2014-12-25 18:49
I was giving it another tonight and now things are even worse.

Please have a look at this video and ...

Hello Sir,I watched your video. Fell sorry all that bother you.

1,About the Vibration :  Please mount the Lens Support when you use camera Lens. Believe me ,that would be helpful.

2,You said the Angle of the pan Axis is strange. your video not show  the Pan axis's position but it indicates you could do "Calibrate Center " to let the Pan Axis back to middle position after RONIN power on.

Into Smooth Track Mode and make sure the Pan Axis's Speed and Accel is 100 and Deadband is 0. and then use the function"Calibrate Center"
2014-12-25
Use props
TokyStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

DJI-Julain Posted at 2014-12-26 09:48

1,About the Vibration :  Please m ...

Hi

1. I believe you however the plate supposed to support the lens comes with existing holes that does not match my GH4 Stock camera (14-140) I have not found a way to be able to use this plate. Not well thougt.

2. Tried the "center" thingy immediately (I read the manual) and several times without success.  I will however check the setting you propose (100-0) this Monday.

2014-12-25
Use props
TokyStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Hi

So still no lucks

1. Please check the picture you will understand why it is not possible to use the Lens mount.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4w3b8w8p7xd57n/Ronin.png?dl=0

2. I followed the instruction written on the manual to the letter, as well as changed the setting according to your advise, the Ronin will still drift. Please this the video below where you will see that I am following your instruction and manual request
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mf1gu9djcdf82wm/RoninV2.mkv?dl=0

My Ronin is up to to date and according to your manual the Ronin is supposed to support the GH4. After two week owning this device I have yet had the chance to use it, I thereby ask you to either fix my problem (Software update, replacement, whatever make it work) or refund me.

If it help I am also willing to visit your Japan office to get this sorted out with a working product.

Regards
2014-12-29
Use props
TokyStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Here you are another video for you

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2wis41 ... 2017.09.30.mov?dl=0

I realised that whatever I try to do to balance (see above video) the Camera (perfectly balanced when the Ronin is Off), the Ronin when powered ON will screw everything...

Again your QUICK reply to fix my problem one way or another will be extremely appreciated.

I want to find a peaceful resolution to this problem and and REALLY want to be able to have my Ronin working and being able to make some amazing videos with it!
2014-12-30
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

TokyStreetView Posted at 2014-12-30 16:33
Here you are another video for you

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2wis41 ... 2017.09.30.mov?dl=0

Hi Sir,
I watched you video and now understand the situation you faced.
The Roll axis drifting after power on. Please use "System Calibration" in  APP .
And lens support is necessary for using the RONIN when camera lens is mounted, Could you use other lens support.
2014-12-30
Use props
TokyStreetView
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

DJI-Julain Posted at 2014-12-31 10:42
Hi Sir,
I watched you video and now understand the situation you faced.
The Roll axis drifting aft ...

What do you mean by "System Calibration" in App? If you are talking about the one in the iOS or Mac/PC, I have been doing this several time, And it make things much worse. It is ONLY when I use the "reset" default that the camera will stop drifting. Whenever I use "System Calibration" the Ronin will drift.

Also the "Center" calibration does not seems to work, for me center is center, or 0.00 nothing else.

Finally the Design of your plate is not made for the GH4 there is NO way for me to have the lens support fit the 14-140. I tried many situations but it plain does not work

Waiting for your feedback
2014-12-30
Use props
cpTrop
New

Kazakhstan

Hi
We have this situation, Ronin turns on, but does not balance the camera. That is, none of the motors are turned on. We attempted to install 2.4 installer via Ronin, but only the central administration was asked to sew. The second stage produces an error.
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules