Gibmal wheel does nothing - Right stick controls gimbal!
1540 6 2015-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carlton.dodd
New

United States

Okay, here's a weird one for you.  I have a ticket open with DJI support, let's see who solves this first!

I was gifted a nearly-new P3 Pro. (Step-dad decided it was too complicated for him after 3 months and <20 flights).
My RC was working fine for some time.  I can't remember if I performed a calibration before this happened, or not.  It did not occur in conjunction with any update.

The current situation:
- RC is in Mode 2.
- My gimbal control wheel does nothing.
- My right stick, in addition to controlling the forward/back flight direction, moves the gimbal up and down.
  i.e. If I fly backward, the camera will slowly rotate down; if I fly forward, the camera will slowly rotate forward.
- My C2 button still flips the camera full-forward/full-down.
- I can still move the camera with the DJI-Go application, but it moves again when I fly forward/back.
- P3 still flies, but I am limited on my camera angles.

What I have tried so far:
- "Four-button reset" and re-install firmware through DJI-Go app.
- Calibrate RC again (many times).  The deflection meters for the right stick and gimbal wheel move at the same time with the stick; the wheel shows nothing.
- Performed latest update through DJI-Go app while crossing my fingers.  Problem remained unchanged.
- Banging my head on the table.  This gave me a lump to worry about for a while, rather than the RC.  So, mild success.

I've searched the Internet and scoured through these forums, and only found one reference to this problem, with no solution.

Anyone have an idea I haven't tried?  I'm pretty desperate at this point.

2015-10-28
Use props
dniq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 863701 ft
United States

Same problem: was working fine yesterday, today - stopped working with the same symptoms Still trying everything I can think of. Gonna take it back to the Apple Store for a (second) replacement
2015-12-22
Use props
Westside Osprey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95915 ft
United States

Have you tried rebinding the TX to the P3P?

What you are referring to seems like a "mix". This can be done with computerized radios and sometimes it causes these problems. The easy way to set it straight is usually to create a new model i the TX, and then rebind the model. So maybe just rebinding will do it.
2015-12-22
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know exactly what has happened. Have you or anyone opened the controller recently? There is a tiny ribbon cable on the right side under the right stick that has likely come unplugged. I did a controller mod and left that unplugged accidentally. Had the same exact symptoms as you.
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi , Carlton
This is really weird . Could you please provide a video of that ?
2015-12-22
Use props
dniq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 863701 ft
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2015-12-22 17:14
I know exactly what has happened. Have you or anyone opened the controller recently? There is a tiny ...

Haven't touched anything. It was working fine the night before, but next day - the wheel would not work at all, and the right stick "up/down" would control both altitude AND the gimbal up/down. DJI tech support couldn't figure out how to fix that (tried full reset, re-linking etc) and suggested to exchange the controller (which would take a month).

Thankfully, it's been less than a week since I bought my Phantom 3, so I simply took it back to the store and got a new one, which so far seems to be working fine. Although, this is the THIRD Phantom 3 - the first one I had to exchange because it started showing "No signal" out of the blue. Hopefully this - third - one keeps working. If something breaks again - I'm going to return this one for good and get me either Blade Chrome or Parrot Bebop 2 (the latter only supports 1080p video, but oh well...)
2015-12-25
Use props
fans3658ee8b
lvl.2

United Kingdom

dniq Posted at 2015-12-25 07:53
Haven't touched anything. It was working fine the night before, but next day - the wheel would not work at all, and the right stick "up/down" would control both altitude AND the gimbal up/down. DJI tech support couldn't figure out how to fix that (tried full reset, re-linking etc) and suggested to exchange the controller (which would take a month).

Thankfully, it's been less than a week since I bought my Phantom 3, so I simply took it back to the store and got a new one, which so far seems to be working fine. Although, this is the THIRD Phantom 3 - the first one I had to exchange because it started showing "No signal" out of the blue. Hopefully this - third - one keeps working. If something breaks again - I'm going to return this one for good and get me either Blade Chrome or Parrot Bebop 2 (the latter only supports 1080p video, but oh well...)

Hi guys,
Might be a bit late, but I found a fix for this issue.

I recently had the same issue where the right stick began to control the gimbal - and no matter how many times I tried to recalibrate, the gimbal wheel on the LHS just wouldn't work.

So, I had to open up the controller for my Phantom 3 Advanced. Plenty of videos on youtube showing you how to do this, so please check them out.
Once open, i found ribbon number 2 was disconnected from it's socket. See attached photos that show where it is.

Once this was plugged back in, it worked perfectly.

Hope this helps anyone out there having the same issue.
2018-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules