when to replace p3a motors?
1066 6 2015-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
evolicarus
lvl.3

United States

anybody ever had to replace the motors yet? if so, why? is there a timetable on when to replace them? 2 things that scare me are while flying are

1. a motor failing during mid flight and the drone just drops from the sky
2. a bird strike..

just curious on when to replace the motors due to regular maintenance
2015-10-29
Use props
solarscar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

i have heard every 1000 hours to replace them all. Your app should keep a log of total flight time.
2015-10-29
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Regular maintenance? Replacing a motor would be a major event.

You can purchase gadgets that will "see" the spinning prop and display the RPM. If you measure the RPMs on each  motor now, you can check further down the road. When the RPMs slow way down, *then* you can probably think about replacing a motor. Otherwise, I can't imagine what else you could do to "inspect" a motor.

It's highly possible (in my opinion) that an ESC is perhaps more likely to be the culprit and measuring its performance on a regular basis is next to impossible.

Ray (Rokni?) (a regular here on this forum) had some reasonable ideas about "regular maintenance" and he might have something more intelligent to offer.

Art Burke - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-10-29
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-29
Use props
robinangered
lvl.2
Flight distance : 870177 ft
Sweden

How often do you guys take off your propps and make a motor-check with spinning without the propps to check/hear any different in the sound of the running engines? i have not put of my propps since the day i put them on, on my drone about 15hours of flying so far, im afraid to this if the propps would fly off when in air after i have reinstall it onto the motors
2015-10-31
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

robinangered@li Posted at 2015-10-31 20:33
How often do you guys take off your propps and make a motor-check with spinning without the propps t ...

" i have not put of my propps since the day i put them on, on my drone about 15hours of flying so far, im afraid to this if the propps would fly off when in air after i have reinstall it onto the motors"

Stop worrying.
Most fliers remove their props after each flight and I haven't  heard of any having props come off in flight as a result.
2015-10-31
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I rarely remove props.  Don't want to wear the threads more than necessary.
2015-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules