Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Inspire Pro - X5 Test Footage
1669 2 2015-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sheldon.adventu
New

United States

Hey All - I received my DJI Inspire Pro X5 last week just in time for the last full week of fall foliage here in WV. This is a powerful MFT camera that literally adds another dimension to drone footage (compared to the Phantom or GoPro models). It arrived just before we started losing our leaves here in my home state of West Virginia, so it was a good time to get out and capture the prettiest of seasons from high in the sky.
I'm very impressed with the new camera and really love the footage I'm getting out of it so far. The mountains truly come alive compared to the wider, fisheye look that you get with the Phantom or an action cam. All of this footage was flown and shot by a single-operator.
ENJOY: https://vimeo.com/144006486
---
GEAR:
Drone: DJI Inspire Pro
Camera: X5
Settings: Shot at 4K, downscaled to 1080, 30p at f5.6 - 9

2015-10-29
Use props
Mr.buGSy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 820712 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi Sheldon,

Lovely footage. Why would you compare the X5 to Go-Pro or the old Phantom, these cameras are not even in the same league. From the footage I've seen so far, the quality of the X5 footage (datytime) is not so superior to the X3 or the P3P as DJI claims (despite a bigger sensor). Perhaps the X5R's high bitrate will give that dynamic range that everyone wants. I like to see some really low light footage though. I'm not going to change my GH4 for the X5 from what I've seen so far.

Cheers!
2015-11-1
Use props
doug.upthink
lvl.1
Flight distance : 861621 ft
United States

Mr.buGSy Posted at 2015-11-1 12:14
Hi Sheldon,

Lovely footage. Why would you compare the X5 to Go-Pro or the old Phantom, these camer ...

I agree. What I have seen from the X5 is far from impressive. The unit I have been flying (Inspire 1 Pro) has unusable footage with LOG enabled. All sorts of nasty purple banding and posterization is happening in the shadows and midtones - straight out of the camera -- before color grading. I don't know if it's a lemon or what, but after a few weeks of tinkering with it I much prefer flying my Phantom 3 because it's producing better images. The longer focal length and sunstar on the X5 looks way better than the super wide Phantom 3 optics. Hopefully my friend will send back his X5 and get a replacement that produces usable images.
2015-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules