Can't connect
1957 15 2015-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bertie
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, i have a iPhone 6 and when I connect to the rc I still can't enter camera mode just says "how to connect" I've tried everything different cables uninstalled re installed the go app any ideas???
The aircraft is a p3p
2015-10-29
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460751 ft
United States

Ever since iOS 9 mine does that. I have to turn on remote first, then app then P3P. Weird.
2015-10-30
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

kgjamison Posted at 2015-10-30 18:23
Ever since iOS 9 mine does that. I have to turn on remote first, then app then P3P. Weird.

Mine works that way, not a big problem. The App has to see the RC and recognize it before it knows what to do.
2015-11-4
Use props
ballaeroinspire
New

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-11-4 08:57
Mine works that way, not a big problem. The App has to see the RC and recognize it before it knows ...

For a work application I got two Inspire's, four controllers, an Android tab (Nexus7) and an iPhone (5s) and no combination or permutation of any of these devices will connect to DJI GO no matter what order I start them in, etc. DJI devices appear to be complete garbage.
2015-11-4
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460751 ft
United States

ballaeroinspire Posted at 2015-11-5 04:10
For a work application I got two Inspire's, four controllers, an Android tab (Nexus7) and an iPhon ...

Odd. I am using an iPhone 6s plus (iOS o) on an inspire, P3P and P2 Vision plus. Only the P3P gives me intermittent trouble. It seems fine (P3P if I switch to iPad. That might just be a coincidence since it doesn't always happen.
2015-11-4
Use props
bertie
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hey guys it's knackered!!! So I'm getting a new one from dji as there is a major fault somewhere
2015-11-6
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ballaeroinspire Posted at 2015-11-4 15:10
For a work application I got two Inspire's, four controllers, an Android tab (Nexus7) and an iPhon ...

I understand your frustration. I use an iPad Air and an iPad Air Mini 4. I have never had any problems with "GO" either on my Phantom or Inspire. I am not familiar with the Android Platform so I am of no help there. iPhone 5s I have never tried my iPhones with the "GO" program. I will say this though. The "GO" program is a very sophisticed platform yet easy to use. Features abound! An iPhone isn't really going to get it with this program. There is to much data in front of you and such a small screen. A Tablet is the way to go. Let me know if you decide to try that route and maybe I can help you? If not, one of the Forum Members can. Again, my experience has been fine. I have a different way of updating than most and it works for me. I think the world of DJI, My first Quad was a DJI Product and all of them since have been. I have never tried another Quad. Let's relax, take a breath and let's see if we can get you in the air.
2015-11-6
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

kgjamison Posted at 2015-11-4 23:28
Odd. I am using an iPhone 6s plus (iOS o) on an inspire, P3P and P2 Vision plus. Only the P3P give ...

My iPads along with my Phantoms and Inspire works flawlessly. It has been that way from the get go.
2015-11-6
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bertie Posted at 2015-11-6 03:44
Hey guys it's knackered!!! So I'm getting a new one from dji as there is a major fault somewhere

Don't panic! There is no major problem that I am aware of or experienced. When it arrives, take your time doing the updates. Don't rush!! I will give you a bit of advice that a lot of us have fallen into including myself. The first time that you start it you need everything connected. Phantom, RC, and Smart Device. You need the GO Program Loaded, before the above and an Internet connection. There is a short activation process, that is the reason for the Internet connection (Wi-Fi) before anything will work.
Good luck and again don't be in a rush.
2015-11-6
Use props
TonyE
New

Canada

rodger Posted at 2015-11-6 08:05
Don't panic! There is no major problem that I am aware of or experienced. When it arrives, take yo ...

So I just got my Phantom 3 advanced yesterday and it took me hours to get it going. My biggest issue was getting the firmware to work in the controller. The aircraft loaded find with no problems. The Iphone is a very small platform to watch all that information on so then I tried to use my Ipad. The DJ go app loaded on it great but when I plug it in It does not go to the "connect to camera" as the Iphone does. My question is should it transfer from one device to the either (Iphone to Ipad) with no problems or once you use the Iphone is it stuck on that? Also any clue how to get it to connect. My routine and order is the aircraft, then the controller, then turn on the App? What am I doing wrong or is it my Ipad and it wont run the go app? If the App goes on the device does that mean it will run it? Wow lots of questions but I have been out flying 3 times already and its a kick ass Drone I just need to work out some bugs...thanx for your help
2015-11-7
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

TonyE Posted at 2015-11-7 15:32
So I just got my Phantom 3 advanced yesterday and it took me hours to get it going. My biggest iss ...

Your routine must be.
1- Turn on the RC
2- Turn on the Phantom
3- Turn on the App.
2015-11-8
Use props
TonyE
New

Canada

GQ. Posted at 2015-11-8 17:08
Your routine must be.
1- Turn on the RC
2- Turn on the Phantom

Okay I will try that. Have you ever heard of anyone just connecting with a Ipad? Not an Ipad mini but regular size Ipad? It won't fit in the holder on the remote as it is an inch or two too big for it so maybe it is  not meant for it?
2015-11-9
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyE Posted at 2015-11-7 15:32
So I just got my Phantom 3 advanced yesterday and it took me hours to get it going. My biggest iss ...

Tony, It should transfer (recognize) either the Phone or iPad as long as the Go Program is loaded. Is you iPad an older version? If it is it may be to slow? Are you running iOS 9 in both? I don't turn mine on in any particular order but all three must be on and connected.
2015-11-9
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

TonyE Posted at 2015-11-9 07:21
Okay I will try that. Have you ever heard of anyone just connecting with a Ipad? Not an Ipad mini  ...

I pad will fit. Make sure you have a compatible iPad.In my case I use an iPad Mini 4, wi-fi +cellular, 16Gig

And read your instruction manual and watch DJI videos.
2015-11-9
Use props
TonyE
New

Canada

GQ. Posted at 2015-11-9 07:44
I pad will fit. Make sure you have a compatible iPad.In my case I use an iPad Mini 4, wi-fi +cellul ...

What about an Ipad 2. It has version 9.1 on it so i am thinking that should work but it doesn't. It wont give me the camera view?
2015-11-10
Use props
TonyE
New

Canada

TonyE Posted at 2015-11-10 21:19
What about an Ipad 2. It has version 9.1 on it so i am thinking that should work but it doesn't. I ...

oops...I just read on the box "ipad mini 2 or 3" nothing about just a Ipad 2? It does not even fit in the holder so I guess I am asking Santa for an Ipad mini 2 ....  
2015-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules