3209 28 2015-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
curtissmithstud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just courious are any of you having battery issues? like  After a full charge the % reads only 95% when you first turn on camera after full charge ? and how fast does your battery drain during operation of the camera? mine seems to drop 2-3% every 30-45 secounds.  Could the fan be the big couse of battery usage? I wounder if DJI is working on a better souliotion to this as to get more time out of the battery?  Does anyone know why the camera get so hot ? why would a chip get hot like this? just courious...???
2015-10-30
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

I read somewhere that HD chips generate heat, and a camera being 4K is no exception. My battery seems to be the same.... maybe a firmware will make the osmo get the most out of the battery.
2015-10-30
Use props
chris
lvl.2

United States

Same issue as well.  I believe the website says and hour of 4k shooting and 4 hours of stills. Not even getting close to that.  Hopefully an update will fix this problem.
2015-10-30
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

chris Posted at 2015-10-30 15:21
Same issue as well.  I believe the website says and hour of 4k shooting and 4 hours of stills. Not e ...

Yea same here...I'm only around 30-35 mins before the battery icon starts turning red...thats not an hour or any where near it...
2015-10-31
Use props
curtissmithstud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey DJi what's up are you reading these forums or just busy taking everyone's $$$$.  Get off your buts and fix all these issues!!!!
2015-11-2
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

The startup of the WIFI and power on  will cause the battery lose so it may be cause the battery percentage becomes around 95%.  The maximum 1 hour is under the condition that the camera is shooting FHD videos and the gimbal is still.
2015-11-23
Use props
buckames
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-23 17:20
The startup of the WIFI and power on  will cause the battery lose so it may be cause the battery per ...

Battery is definitely an issue.  I ordered one additional battery with Osmo.  Yesterday morning I inserted a fully charged battery, turned on or tried to turn on Osmo - no response for a few seconds and then the fan starts - nothing else ... no light indicators ... nothing.  So I turn off the Osmo ... would not turn off.  Had to remove battery to stop fan.  Bottom line ... a bad battery, which scared the h... out of me thinking it was the main unit.  Battery purchased from dji.  Then this evening ... testing a new Rode VideoMic ... and video would not work.  Checking everything and finally noticed that the SD card was full.  Had to clear/reformat before continuing.  Interesting because I had probably 4 - 5 very short videos all recorded when initial use and testing.  I feel like dji has overstated the performance capacity of the osmo ... both recording time on one battery and maybe the ability/recording capacity of the 16 GB SD card.  Like the technology but very concerned ... need to know how much I can use/depend on  the Osmo when doing a job.
2015-11-24
Use props
intelligentidio
lvl.1
United States

buckames Posted at 2015-11-24 21:22
Battery is definitely an issue.  I ordered one additional battery with Osmo.  Yesterday morning I  ...

I'm experiencing the same issues... DJI has outright lied about the performance of the Osmo. Not to mention the mic/audio problem that they purposely kept quiet about until we all committed to ordering one.  This is my first DJI product... They ruined first impressions.
2015-11-24
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

buckames Posted at 2015-11-25 10:22
Battery is definitely an issue.  I ordered one additional battery with Osmo.  Yesterday morning I  ...

Have you ever mounted the X3 camera on the OSMO before? This will cause the same problem. It's not the battery's problem.
Solution:
1) Fully charge the battery until the led light on the charger turns into green.
2)Reboot and upgrade the OSMO: Copy the upgrade bin file into the sd card. Hold the trigger and record button, and pull down the power button at the same time.  Hold it until the right led blinks red and green. Then try to upgrade the OSMO into v. 1.2.1.60 .
3) After the upgrade , restart the OSMO and connect the DJI GO. Check if it works normally.About the SD card, the 16GB card can capable of recording: 4K 36 minutes.
2015-11-24
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

intelligentidio Posted at 2015-11-25 10:55
I'm experiencing the same issues... DJI has outright lied about the performance of the Osmo. Not t ...

About the mic, we did have a warning on the user manual: http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
What is your OSMO problem? Can you give more details?
We will never cheat the customers about the performance, the specs of OSMO is all clearly available in DJI website.  If it's the quality issue, we will replace the product for the without hesitation.
2015-11-24
Use props
intelligentidio
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-24 22:18
Have you ever mounted the X3 camera on the OSMO before? This will cause the same problem. It's not  ...

"Have you ever mounted the X3 camera on the OSMO before? This will cause the same problem. It's not the battery's problem. "

^^^ what are you talking about? your response to our CLEARLY described issues are ridiculous...  The fact that there are 10-15 huge firmware issues, our mics are useless, and our batteries only supply HALF the life we were told they would make me wonder if DJI can address ALL these issues in a timely manner.
2015-11-24
Use props
intelligentidio
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-24 22:28
About the mic, we did have a warning on the user manual: http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#down ...

about the user manual:    Putting a 'disclaimer' in the User Manual that we don't have until AFTER we purchase the Osmo?  How is that your response?

I bought two batteries to have 2 hours of use, as advertised... If the two batteries you sold me can't handle that, I believe you should send me two additional batteries, and another charger, to correct my issue.
2015-11-24
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

intelligentidio Posted at 2015-11-25 11:30
"Have you ever mounted the X3 camera on the OSMO before? This will cause the same problem. It's no ...

We just want to confirm the reason for the problem, the solution should solve the problem of buckames.
2015-11-24
Use props
intelligentidio
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-24 23:33
We just want to confirm the reason for the problem, the solution should solve the problem of bucka ...

Here is my complete list of problems...

-No audio level meter, or level control for AUX mic input
-Gimbal doesn't maintain level horizon during use when in certain situations, including panorama mode
-Fan noise is too loud even when I'm using external mic
-Battery lasts 30-35 mins, MAX.  
-DJI GO app for android can't calibrate gimbal correctly, drains phone (HTC One M9) battery, and has ads other unnecessary popups,
-If Osmo audio requires external mic, I believe I should receive accessory to mount mic to Osmo.
2015-11-24
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

intelligentidio Posted at 2015-11-25 12:55
Here is my complete list of problems...

-No audio level meter, or level control for AUX mic input ...

1)About audio level control  this function is not available at the very begining considering the price and cost. This is not a product problem. We will consider it as a suggestion for the product. I will report this suggestion to the R&D team.
2)For gimbal level problem, please try to do the gimbal auto calibration and level calibration on the APP.
3) What external mic do you use? If the external MIC records the sound from the fan, you can put the MIC away from the fan.
4) Osmo battery capacity is 960mAh as stated on the website. We've tested the using time, the max 1 hour is under condition that shooting 1080p video and the gimbal is still. During dynamic shooting, the normal working time is 30-40 minutes depending on the using method. The stabilization achieved by the gimbal can caused extra power.
5)What is your android app version and device type? The 2.4.0 android app might have the gimbal calibration failure bug, we've fixed it in the 2.4.1 version app.
6) You can purchase the universal mount to help mount the external MIC.
http://store.dji.com/osmo

I am sorry that OSMO disappointed you, if it's the quality issue, we will help you to cope with it but I am afraid we can't meet all the customers function needs at the current price. We try to improve the firmware and app to have better user experience, and we won't let the customer to take responsibility for the quality issue.
2015-11-24
Use props
intelligentidio
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-25 01:40
1)About audio level control  this function is not available at the very begining considering the pr ...

DJI misled customers about battery life... 1 hr was the original description, with no mention of having to downgrade video to 1080, or keep it perfectly still... Why have a gimbal camera if it's not going to use the gimbal?  Thank you for admitting actual battery life is only 30 mins using it NORMALLY.  

I use a Zoom H4n for my external mic/recorder... The fan motor is so loud that the Zoom cannot be within 3 ft of the Osmo, so basically single person shooting is IMPOSSIBLE...
Using the Osmo for weddings is also troublesome because of the loudness of the fan disrupting the ceremony itself.

I am extremely disappointed with this device. If you haven't noticed, so are 80% of your Osmo customers.  Not that DJI cares, you already got our money... Expect bad reviews, press, and customer retention.

2015-11-25
Use props
intelligentidio
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-25 01:40
1)About audio level control  this function is not available at the very begining considering the pr ...

" am sorry that OSMO disappointed you, if it's the quality issue, we will help you to cope with it"

How will you help me cope with the quality? Please explain. I'm telling you my issues with quality, and I get weak answers and excuses.
2015-11-25
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

intelligentidio Posted at 2015-11-25 16:52
DJI misled customers about battery life... 1 hr was the original description, with no mention of h ...

The loudness of the fan disrupting the ceremony itself? Can you provide a video for your OSMO? I need to check the fan. What's more, please also provide an original video shoot by OSMO and using the Zoom for audio.  Please upload and send the link here. Thanks.
2015-11-25
Use props
John Osmo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have come to the conclusion that there is definitely a bad batch of battery out there. I recently purchased my spare battery from Expansys.com and the serial number is 1011101538022857. I noticed something very odd when I have fully charged the battery for the first use and noticed that the battery indicator showed 95% remaining. My other two batteries do not have this problem. Anyway, after a second charge, my brand new battery is now completely dead! It won't power up my OSMO anymore.

I have contacted Expansys and they have initiated a return for replacement process but it will take 2 days to authorise the return!!! I bet you that DJI have used cheat Chinese cells rather than the more expensive Japanese cells for their batteries. I am not impressed.
2015-11-25
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

I think some people forget this is not just a camera. It's also a gimbal with electronic motors running continuously.  The motors are the source of heat and noise, along with fan.

I bought 2 spare batteries. It's nice having 3 batteries. They charge quickly.

When you buy an Osmo it's because you want a camera on a gimbal stick. It's a special camera, much more delicate than a normal camera and you can't just turn it on and quickly start shooting, there's a bit of setup time.

It's not a camera for everyone, but if you've always wanted a steadicam, this is currently the best option in its class - size, weight, features.

2015-11-25
Use props
John Osmo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ke-now Posted at 2015-11-25 16:12
I think some people forget this is not just a camera. It's also a gimbal with electronic motors runn ...

@ke-now
I think the arguement here is the public's expection based on DJI's claim that the battery would last 1 hr without revealing the conditions. I too bought two extra batteries but the last one I bought turned out to be a dead duck.
2015-11-25
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

ke-now Posted at 2015-11-26 00:12
I think some people forget this is not just a camera. It's also a gimbal with electronic motors runn ...

Thanks for your understanding.
2015-11-25
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

John Osmo Posted at 2015-11-25 17:56
I have come to the conclusion that there is definitely a bad batch of battery out there. I recently  ...

About the percentage, because on the one hand, the power-on and WIFI setting at the beginning may consume 2%-4% battery, on the other hand, the display of app itself is not very accurate and we’ve notice this problem and will solve it in the future APP version. For your information, all of the batteries are made in China, and they are produced by the same process.
About the dead battery, what happened if you insert the battery into the OSMO, can you power on the OSMO or did the fan still working? Please provide more details and a video if necessary. Thanks.
2015-11-25
Use props
John Osmo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-11-26
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

John Osmo Posted at 2015-11-26 18:06
**** The posts are shielded ****

Can you still charge the battery? Firstly, try to make sure the battery is fully charged. Secondly, do you mean that the OSMO have no response at all after pulling the power button? Just to make sure, can you check if the fan of OSMO work after you pull down the power button?
Note: The charger LED is powered by the battery instead of the power supply so it will be green no matter how many power left in the battery, to make sure the battery is fully charged, you need to connect the charger to the power supply and check whether the charger LED is green or not.
2015-11-26
Use props
John Osmo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

@Dji-Amy
Why won't you accept that the battery is dead? I have done all you suggested! There is NO POWER at all! The OSMO will not initialize and the fan is not on. When I insert another battery, everything works!
2015-11-27
Use props
lucuias.x
lvl.1

Malaysia

I just too experience today my battery is dead.The Charger led shows green.However,it doesn't power up my OSMO.Luckily I do have spare battery for tomorrow's wedding.
@DJI_Amy,may I know what is the issue here with the battery?
2015-12-25
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

I thought my stock battery is dead for good. I tried re-inserting it , try the hard reboot, etc after several attempts but it simply won't power up. Luckily, I have spare battery.

The funny thing is after I update the latest Osmo FW, my dead battery roar to life!! Hope you guys can get your battery working again after the latest FW update.  
2015-12-25
Use props
EXPO
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-23 17:20
The startup of the WIFI and power on  will cause the battery lose so it may be cause the battery per ...

I speak for everyone when I ask : WHEN ON EARTH IS THE GIMBAL EVER STILL? That's the whole reason you introduced this product in the first place.
2015-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules