United States

Hi...
this is khalid alshabibi...

today i flew my inspire 1 on Rancho palos verdes at 2:45
flight time : 2:13 min
flight distance : 9M
Max height : 6M

Serial number ::: W13DCH08040567

And as i flew it at of no where it got disconnected and dropped into the water and i could"t pull it out of water
and i"m very very sad i just got it and it was my 6th flight...

that"s completely unfair at all i did savings to buy it and it"s just got disconnected...!!!

2015-10-30
Use props
JapanDave
lvl.2
Japan

Wow, this is just getting worse and worse. Sad for this to happen to you.
2015-10-30
Use props
ikhalid23
New

United States

" 38 min on hold when i call Dji support and still no answer...this is really buzzer !!!
2015-10-30
Use props
JapanDave
lvl.2
Japan

ikhalid23@hotma Posted at 2015-10-31 08:59
" 38 min on hold when i call Dji support and still no answer...this is really buzzer !!!

Good luck with getting any service.

2015-10-30
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

When was the last time you charged the battery to when you actually flew with it?
2015-10-30
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

I know how that feels...
http://forum.dji.com/thread-15576-1-1.html
From what I Have seen, DJI needs a unit before they will replace with another. I believe they give a discount to buy a new one in your case (unless they have changed there policy) I am sorry that has happened to you.
2015-10-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very sorry for your loss, I hope you hear from DJI soon. Can you provide us with more details about your battery condition and rate of charge? Can you post the screen shot of the App or post the flight log from your App?

Maybe we can see something from this information

Rich
2015-10-30
Use props
ikhalid23
New

United States

Ngl1145 Posted at 2015-10-30 20:24
When was the last time you charged the battery to when you actually flew with it?

a night before every thing was perfect i just update the aircraft and the flight control and the battery was 100% also the the flight control was 100%
and i check few time before any flight if every thing is running 100% correct
2015-10-30
Use props
ikhalid23
New

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-10-30 23:43
Very sorry for your loss, I hope you hear from DJI soon. Can you provide us with more details about  ...

what shocked me even more that the camera did't recored the video when i press the recording button on the flight remote control and the map didn"t showed the flight when it was heading toward the ocean when it get dropped out from the sky...seriously that doesn"t make any sence at all
2015-10-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

ikhalid23@hotma Posted at 2015-10-31 00:57
what shocked me even more that the camera did't recored the video when i press the recording butto ...

Based on the other comment you made, that everything was perfect the night before your updated the Inspire.....
It sounds like you did not calibrate the compass and IMU after your firmware update?

Sorry man that's a bummer

Rich
2015-10-31
Use props
ikhalid23
New

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-10-31 11:44
Based on the other comment you made, that everything was perfect the night before your updated the ...

I already went through that also i swear i"m telling you i 100% sure that everything was running perfectly until the accident happen and i"m sure that there was an electric failure and shit happens and i happened that it's happened to me...i"m very very angry at Dji now and i will not stop until they solve the problem because they don"t have idea how hard it was for me to buy it and they are using my money to fund probably a future product...

the failure was from Dji not me...and this is a fact i cannot play me self for it...
2015-10-31
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

ikhalid23@hotma Posted at 2015-10-31 03:24
a night before every thing was perfect i just update the aircraft and the flight control and the b ...

The battery was 100% because it showed 4 led lights in the battery?  Did you charge it to 100% the night before?  I mention this because your battery may show 100% because of the LED lights, but may have gone into an auto discharge mode which can seem misleading.  So if. You charged your battery 10 days ago, it will show the battery is 100% by clicking on the battery button.  However in reality, it's already discharged itself.
2015-10-31
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

thats the problen with the reduced 32 ---> 8 channels

which RC firmware did you use? Did you "upgrade" to firmware 1.04.30 ?? like DJI GO may have asked you to do?

There are many problems reported with this firmware including reduced RC power output however I did of course not install this firmware so I only know what others tell.
2015-11-1
Use props
ikhalid23
New

United States

Ngl1145 Posted at 2015-10-31 19:23
The battery was 100% because it showed 4 led lights in the battery?  Did you charge it to 100% the ...

already check this i press it and checked the battery level from both the app...and checked the flight remote control and it was 100% also
2015-11-1
Use props
ikhalid23
New

United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-11-1 09:12

which RC firmware did you use? Did you "upgra ...

yes sir i already did it before i sleep the latest firmware and if what you say it"s true it explain the "disconnect that happened to my wasn"t my fault " it"s Dji fault...

that"s is getting worse and worse...
2015-11-1
Use props
ikhalid23
New

United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-11-1 09:12

which RC firmware did you use? Did you "upgra ...

yes sir i already did it before i sleep the latest firmware and if what you say it"s true it explain the "disconnect that happened to my wasn"t my fault " it"s Dji fault...

that"s is getting worse and worse...
2015-11-1
Use props
ikhalid23
New

United States

it"s Monday and the customer service  still put me on hold ...basically no body is answering...what kind of company is this...!!!

2015-11-2
Use props
sheepheadfilms
lvl.1

United States

ikhalid23@hotma Posted at 2015-11-2 12:51
it"s Monday and the customer service  still put me on hold ...basically no body is answering...what  ...

I was on hold with DJI service for a very very long time as well. They may have only one person working at a time. I really don't know. What I do know is that they will eventually answer. As far as what happened to your Inspire, I feel for you. My Inspire recently crashed itself ( http://forum.dji.com/thread-34400-1-1.html ) into the ground without warning. I did everything properly before take off and while in flight. Lots of people will ask you, did you do this, did you do that, what was the torque of this and that, what firmware did you have, and so on. It may seem as if they are trying to make you look incompetent but in reality "most people here" are trying to help you find out what went wrong and need as much information as possible to determine what the issue is/was. As far as DJI customer service goes, I have heard great things about it as well as horror stories about it. I guess it's a coin flip for us all. With my Inspire issue, DJI told me to send it in. It has been a few days since I sent it to them and all I can do is wait now. I also purchased additional insurance for my Inspire, so if DJI won't take care of my Inspire my insurance has assured me they will. I really hope all works out for you and you get back to flying again soon. I myself can't wait to get back into the sky.
2015-11-3
Use props
ikhalid23
New

United States

sheepheadfilms Posted at 2015-11-3 08:04
I was on hold with DJI service for a very very long time as well. They may have only one person wo ...

i really thank your support but the thing is that all of you guys and all the crash stories that i heard all of them the had the chance to provide the unit to DJI support...but main now is in the bottom of the ocean ): and i really feeling down right now because i"m afraid that i will not get a new unit from them ):
2015-11-4
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it possible to get scuba gear and try to retrieve it
2015-11-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

ikhalid23@hotma Posted at 2015-11-5 02:27
i really thank your support but the thing is that all of you guys and all the crash stories that i ...

Khalid Alshabibi, i'm really sorry for your loss. You also can contact us via live-chat. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to solve this issue
2015-11-4
Use props
ikhalid23
New

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-4 17:05
Khalid Alshabibi, i'm really sorry for your loss. You also can contact us via live-chat. I'm prett ...

would you give me a link please i find a hard time find the live-chat
2015-11-6
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

ikhalid23@hotma Posted at 2015-11-7 01:40
would you give me a link please i find a hard time find the live-chat

Here it is livechat.JPG
2015-11-8
Use props
Advanced