not connected
1864 15 2014-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jwoodsp
lvl.1

United States

I have the Phantom 2  Vision and 4 android smart phone. This worked for about 2 months flying and picture taking wer excelent. FPV worked perfect! Now when I power up , no wifi signal commin from the controler. I did a hard reboot on the range extender , re-bound it with the camere , even re-installed the DJI app.nothing is working.....help!!!!
2014-12-21
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

When you say "no wifi signal commin from the controller"
You mean that you cannot connect to the range extender ?
What lights do you get on the extender ?
2014-12-21
Use props
jwoodsp
lvl.1

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-22 15:02
When you say "no wifi signal commin from the controller"
You mean that you cannot connect to the ran ...

yes , after I boot everything up,the range finder has a steady green lite buy my smart phone says,Phantom out of range! Now this setup worked fine for a couple of months , all of a sudden,nothing! Don't know what I did wrong!
2014-12-22
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Can you see the Phantom3333 or whatever it says in your phones Wi-Fi list and connect to that ?

2014-12-22
Use props
drjcvilleda
New

Guatemala

HI THERE... I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM..   I CRASHE MY PHANTOM VISON 2 PLUS... AND I INSTALLED ANOTHER FPV CAMERA...     NOW I HAVE NO SIGNAL CAMERA IN MY PHONE (IPHONE 6 PLUS AND GALAXY NOTE 3).    I HAVE WIFI RED SIGNAL OF MY PHANTOM, BUY WHEN I GO TO THE APP DJI VISION... I CANT SEE ANYTHING..   THE PHANTOM FLY VERY GOOD.. BUT I DON HAVE ANY VSION IN MY APP..   UP RIGHT SIDE OF MY PHONE SAYS  0%  WIFI SIGNAL.. BUT THE CONTROLLER AND THE WIFI CONTROLES IS GREEN LIGHT.. ..    PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO...

THANKS A LOT .. AND GOD BLESS YOU..
2014-12-22
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

drjcvilleda@aol Posted at 2014-12-23 08:15
HI THERE... I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM..   I CRASHE MY PHANTOM VISON 2 PLUS... AND I INSTALLED ANOTHER  ...

Has the camera signal been normal before (after installing the FPVcamera)?
Have you Tried the rebinding?
2014-12-22
Use props
drjcvilleda
New

Guatemala

what mean rebinding???   i tried so many times update.. to recalibrate..  i don't  know what happens.
2014-12-22
Use props
drjcvilleda
New

Guatemala

first time with the new camera its ok..   and second time  i had connection phantom failed..  o% wifi signal...  
2014-12-22
Use props
cmm747
New

United States

drjcvilleda@aol Posted at 2014-12-23 14:44
first time with the new camera its ok..   and second time  i had connection phantom failed..  o% wif ...

You know I have ran into the same problem three times. I rebinded over and over again, reset, rebooted you name it I tried it. So when I got home and called the place I brought it from it started working perfect. I don't care what I tried to do it wouldn't act up. Now here is the kicker. When I was in my man cave I decided to start it up and make sure everything was ready to go. It was, so off I headed to the RC park. When I get there, you guessed it, I was unable to connect my Ipad to the Phantom. Yes it showed  the Wifi sometimes but bottom line I was unable to connect. I started thinking to myself, what has changed since it did this the last time. I spent 90 minutes trying to get this thing to connect. Something did change, at my house the room was 72degs, where I was at it was 37 degs. Get this chet, I got in the car turned the heat on, warmed everything up and the first time I tried to connect it worked perfect and stayed that way every time. This has happened a total of three times now and each time I first try to reconnect on the field, no glory, I get back in the car and heat it up and then I am good to go. Yes it sounds strange but electronics have a problem with huge temp. changes. I don't know if this is your problem, I also have a HD recording camera that also when there is a drop and moisture gets in the electronics. It will not work until it dry's out.
2014-12-23
Use props
jwoodsp
lvl.1

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-22 20:41
Can you see the Phantom3333 or whatever it says in your phones Wi-Fi list and connect to that ?

Yes  It comes up on the wifi list on the phone , but says "Phantom out of range"
2014-12-23
Use props
jwoodsp
lvl.1

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-22 20:41

Yes it's on the list  But it says  out of range
2014-12-23
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

Don't try to test the wifi connection indoors. Take it to an open field. My wifi refused to work indoors, which is where I first chose to test camera, but worked fine when I needed it---outdoors.  Also, turn off your mobile data feature on phone.  You don't want it scanning for other, stronger signals.
2014-12-24
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

Another tip:  unplug and replug in the camera.  Same with the memory card---pop it out and put it back in.  These things don't need a great excuse to disconnect...
2014-12-25
Use props
jwoodsp
lvl.1

United States

Tried outside also , just can't acquire a wifi signal ! Running out of sanity !
2015-1-4
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jwoodsp

Where did you get the 6 ssid numbers from to enter to rebind the range extender to the camera?
2015-1-4
Use props
jwoodsp
lvl.1

United States

I didn't , don't know about this...
2015-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules