Video recording sporadically stops
5388 18 2015-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeffderoche
lvl.1

Canada

Can't speak more highly of my experience with the Phantom 3 Advanced. However, when I need to restart video recording every few seconds (or minutes), it gets pretty frustrating. Some flights are good, others are a pain. Using supplied SD card.

Any thoughts?
2015-10-31
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-31
Use props
Gone flying
New

United States

Same issue for me as well. Latest FM and have tried several SD cards (Class 10) and still have issues with it?
2015-11-4
Use props
sean.mcshack
lvl.1

United States

Gone flying Posted at 2015-11-4 04:27
Same issue for me as well. Latest FM and have tried several SD cards (Class 10) and still have issue ...

Mine doe this as well.  I have issues where the video recording will stop and I loose the ability to take pictures or video after that happens.  I still have the video stream to my RC, and can control the gimbal tilt, but cannot operate the camera.  I have to land the phantom and then turn it off and back on to regain control of the camera and begin recording again.
2015-11-4
Use props
Moviedro
lvl.1

United States

sean.mcshack Posted at 2015-11-4 13:34
Mine doe this as well.  I have issues where the video recording will stop and I loose the ability  ...

I'm having the same problem as you, in flight my video settings turn to photo and i can not record video or take a photo. this started happening yesterday before i updated to the latest firmware. Problem still continue after update....  waiting on DJI to respond with a fix, i will let you know the results...
2015-11-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is a good practice to copy your photos or movies off the SD card and then re-format it in the camera. If you simply copy or cut the files from the card and put it back in the aircraft it may eventually start behaving erratically. Formatting resets the file allocation table on the card and makes it easier for the gimbal system to write files.
2015-11-7
Use props
plumbob11
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-7 14:58
It is a good practice to copy your photos or movies off the SD card and then re-format it in the cam ...

+1

I don't even bother to delete on the computer any longer as it confuses the camera. Just dump the card and put it back in the camera and reformat the sd card under camera settings. It will work perfect every time!
2015-11-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

plumbob11 Posted at 2015-11-8 17:03
+1

I don't even bother to delete on the computer any longer as it confuses the camera. Just dump  ...

Yes, good practice. That 's exactly what I do. I don't want to take any chances in the air.
2015-11-7
Use props
Gone flying
New

United States

I have tried multiple cards and brands of cards all class 10 and above. Always formatted from DJI app and still have issues. I will be trying some other software solutions to see how it acts on them. More to come.
2015-12-1
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3571004 ft
Thailand

I have exactly the same issue with many people, video recording stops and the app starts to switch between photo and video by itself and it's impossible to start recording and even take a photo again or maybe sometimes later and then it will do it again or sometimes it records until i manually stop it.

Another strange behaviour, sometimes it shows it stops recording but few seconds later the app shows actually the video is still recording!

This is definitely a very annoying issue and reformatting my SD card all the time before flying the first flight of the day is not really funny but if it is the way to fix it for now, i will do that...
2015-12-11
Use props
scottgraser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2446266 ft
  • >>>
United States

blackmennewstyl Posted at 2015-12-11 06:27
I have exactly the same issue with many people, video recording stops and the app starts to switch b ...

blackmennewstyl, did you ever figure out what was causing this issue?
2016-7-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

scottgraser Posted at 2016-7-11 14:00
blackmennewstyl, did you ever figure out what was causing this issue?

This is a zombie thread, no point in asking the member questions as he probably does not come here any longer. If you have a problem, start a new thread and tell us everything about it.
2016-7-10
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3571004 ft
Thailand

Geebax Posted at 2016-7-11 11:31
This is a zombie thread, no point in asking the member questions as he probably does not come here ...

Stop look down people please!

I never figured out what was caused the issue but the way i managed to avoid it have been suggested on another forum.

Everytime after copying your footages and photos from SD-Card to your computer, you should always format the SD-Card. It works pretty good for me.
2016-11-30
Use props
Jens20
New

Norway

Moviedro Posted at 2015-11-7 07:41
I'm having the same problem as you, in flight my video settings turn to photo and i can not record video or take a photo. this started happening yesterday before i updated to the latest firmware. Problem still continue after update....  waiting on DJI to respond with a fix, i will let you know the results...

Did you find out what the issue was? I have the same problem..
2017-2-20
Use props
RFlavin
New
United States

Just updated to the new download 10.0090   Could not be more upset.  Video feed goes blank about 30 seconds into flight.  Ugh, have spend a day trying to fix.   Boy, that is time I will never get back.

Also, THANK YOU DJI for keeping cornfield airfields in the "new and updated" software, I get to get a warning because I am within 5 miles of some one's driveway they used to use for the runway for their crop duster.  Great!  (that was satire).
2017-2-20
Use props
fans3c77fb0c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1224 ft
United States

Anyone resolved the issue of the video stopping recording? Before flying the camera works fine with full movement. As soon as I hit the record button on my I1 it records for maybe 5 seconds to 30 seconds and then freezes my video feed and then either goes blue or green, then flashes the DJI logo and then back to normal. I've tried various SD cards, tried formatting the cards via the DJI Go app. I'm running the latest firmware on the AC and both RC's are running the latest updates.
2017-7-18
Use props
sarpo
New
Spain

fans3c77fb0c Posted at 2017-7-18 09:59
Anyone resolved the issue of the video stopping recording? Before flying the camera works fine with full movement. As soon as I hit the record button on my I1 it records for maybe 5 seconds to 30 seconds and then freezes my video feed and then either goes blue or green, then flashes the DJI logo and then back to normal. I've tried various SD cards, tried formatting the cards via the DJI Go app. I'm running the latest firmware on the AC and both RC's are running the latest updates.

Same Problem.... Today i will format the SD.... ¿Any solution?
2017-7-30
Use props
fans4b993b8f
New

United States

What is videoing it pauses for one second and then goes back to videoing how can I stop doing that phantom four  pro.
2018-2-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans4b993b8f Posted at 2018-2-18 20:07
What is videoing it pauses for one second and then goes back to videoing how can I stop doing that phantom four  pro.

First thing is to use a Sandisk Extreme series card, then format it in the aircraft every couple of flights.
2018-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules