Why do Osmo videos look bad on YouTube?
3807 3 2015-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

Most Osmo videos on YouTube look noisy, fuzzy and blocky due to what appears to be YouTube compression artifacts, particulary with trees and details.

Worse than other cameras. Why? Can DJI comment on this? Does anyone know what the cause is? Surely the X3 isn't this bad out of the camera? What is going on?

Here is an extreme example:

There are many examples to find though.

Look at the grass in the middle-distance...

There's a "fliickery" blotchy noise that isn't present in the original video. So why is it on YouTube?

Is it too much sharpening of the video? We need manual sharpening controls. Is it something else to do with the video compression profile in Osmo? DJI, you should address this because your Osmo is beginning to earn a reptuation for noisy, low quality on YouTube. It will hurt your longer-term sales.

I'm still waiting for my Osmo. I am hoping the quality is better than what is on YouTube. I have seen just one example of original footage from the camera, and it looked clean. So why then does it look so bad on YouTube? Is it the auto-shutter, auto-ISO?... something is causing bad quality on YouTube.

2015-10-31
Use props
sukoshi
lvl.2

France

In both case, i would say very bad editing + Downscale to 1080p.

I don't own an Osmo, but a X3 Camera on my Inspire1. It gives similar result when you do no fine tune your export.
2015-11-1
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

sukoshi Posted at 2015-11-1 19:01
In both case, i would say very bad editing + Downscale to 1080p.

I don't own an Osmo, but a X3 Came ...

The same problem happens on Inspire 1...

YouTube doesn't like the X3.

2015-11-1
Use props
sukoshi
lvl.2

France

Some inspire 1 video with editing :

A lot of editing / Color Grading

Some editing

Even your videos doesn't look so bad for me. the screen i"m watching your videos is 4K compatible, so does the screen resolution. That also could explain.

2015-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules