First Flight and wow, I'm excited!!
1143 3 2014-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TSP181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18258 ft
United States

I received a Phantom2V+ v3 as an early Christmas present since we're headed out of town to visit family.   After opening it an charging all the batteries, I check all the software versions and found them to have not upgrades.  Timing I suppose and maybe the fact that I ordered from BH Photo and I understand they sell a lot of these.  Anyway, I worked my way through all the screens and reviewed all the settings until I felt ready for my first flight.  In preparation I have been flying the crap out of a $50 drone and have read all I could find and watched hours of video on you tube and Vimeo.

Well, the first flight was basically amazing.  After compass calibration and waiting for GPS lock (10 satellites ) I launched!  It was so much more stable than the little quad and hovering was freaking perfect.  I ran through all the training manuvers without difficulty and then continued to play at about 20 feet until I ran the battery down and had to land.   Here is a rundown of what I found.

Good Stuff:

Stability - way better than I expected or even hoped for.
Quiet - I think the Phantom is actually more quiet than the little $50 quad I had been flying.  I read about people listening for their quad and I don't think I could hear this much beyond 100-150 feet away.
Landing - it was smooth to land.  I decided to land in grass even though I took off from pavement because I was concerned it would tip over and break the blades (no prop guards) but it was so stable and smooth.  Much easier than the little quad.
Battery - honestly I was so psyched I don't know how long my flight was but it seemed to last for quite awhile.

Unexpected:

Phone call:  I used my iPhone6 for the FPV.  During the flight I got a call.   I didn't really know what to do but I answered.  I put it on speaker and I'm not sure I had the full control of my quad.  I hung up as fast as I could and everything returned to normal.  Not sure if it was real or just nerves.
Quiet: See above
Decent rate:  This was much slower than I expected. I may have gone straight up 80-100 feet and it took a long time to come down.

Problems:
Gimbal Horizion - See video.  This was not what I expected.  I was really disapointed in the horizontal stabilization but I think I've resoved it.

http://vimeo.com/115115430

I later discoverd that during my pass through all the screens I had clicked the FPV on the Gimbal calibration screen.  I really should have read more about what the meant.  I will unclicked it before my next flight.  

PhantomScreenSnapz001.png

I have to rate my experiance a 9 out of 10 and that's only because I effing messed up the one checkbox.   I can't wait to get home and fly some more!!

TSP181

I had the FPV box clicked and I think that was my problem.

I had the FPV box clicked and I think that was my problem.
2014-12-21
Use props
kamikaze
lvl.2

Germany

After switch off the FPV mode you will get more stable videos, You will love it

Happy Landings
2014-12-21
Use props
TSP181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18258 ft