Gimbal randomly powers off + No video
2571 19 2015-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andersonpaac
lvl.1

United States

Hi

I've a Phantom 3 Professional, not new to phantom series at all. I'm facing a very weird bug with the gimbal- it doesn't stay on. I've uploaded a video to youtube -

The gimbal powers on and it does it's thing to initialize, a few seconds later the gimbal is no more powered. It doesn't respond to the controls on the transmitter. I can still arm the motors but the gimbal has no power and there is no video feed. (I can see OSD , navigation info, etc.)

Because the gimbal doesn't stay on, there is no video sent to the DJI go app. I'm running the latest version of the Go app, the aircraft is also the newest 1.4.02 , the remote is also running the newest version 1.3.2

What I've tried
Restart, Firmware updates, change in cables, change in device, SD card change

Also, the battery does this new thing where it stays on for a few seconds even when I power it off

No video

No video
2015-11-1
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-1
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Andersonpaac, unfortunately your aircraft needs to be repaired, please contact us via e-mail, phone or live -chat to get a support and information about sending it in
2015-11-1
Use props
nickbyrnechinn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73560 ft
Morocco

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-2 02:26
Andersonpaac, unfortunately your aircraft needs to be repaired, please contact us via e-mail, phone  ...

Hi I have the same problem with my Phantom 3 Standard. It was bought New from Amazon 4 weeks ago.

I updated the DJI GO App  recently and the P3S now flies without issue but the camera fails after doing the initial 'dance' I also have the problem with the battery however it happens with both of my batteries.

This can't be a coincidence, many people are complaining of this issue. It has to be software related surely? It was working just fine until I updated the App.
2015-11-1
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

nickbyrnechinn Posted at 2015-11-2 10:40
Hi I have the same problem with my Phantom 3 Standard. It was bought New from Amazon 4 weeks ago.

how does the camera fails during the "dance"? and what's exactly the issue with your batteries?
2015-11-1
Use props
nickbyrnechinn
lvl.1
Morocco

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-2 02:46
how does the camera fails during the "dance"? and what's exactly the issue with your batteries?

Hi Tim

The Phantom always powers on and can be flown as normal, however, since the update I have the No Signal error on most starts. So basically it flies (even auto take-off etc) but I can't get a video feed on the App.

The 'Dance' completes on startup and the camera aligns correctly. Once I then try to connect to the App the camera falls limp and stop working just like the first video above.

The issue with the battery is the same as shown in this video above. When the camera fails and I switch the Phantom 3 off the battery light flashes red for 5-10 seconds and the rear lights on the underside also flash yellow.

The phantom has never been crashed, it flew correctly and was then boxed for 2 weeks. In that time I updated to DJI Go 2.4 (latest IOS version). I have tried it on an iPhone 6+ and a iPad mini 2 both have same error.

For what its worth 1 in 10 times the aircraft starts correctly and I get the video feed to work. I think possibly it has to do with the start up sequence i.e. Aircraft first then controller then App but this was not a factor before.

Are you guys working on an update? Shall I hold out to see if the bug is fixed with the next software?
2015-11-2
Use props
gary.poole2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This happened to me last week.  When looking through the settings I noticed the sd card showed 0 mb available.  Took card out worked ok, so formatted card and has been ok since.
2015-11-2
Use props
nickbyrnechinn
lvl.1
Morocco

I have reformatted the card a few times and tried others but it doesn't help
2015-11-2
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I'm sorry, but i looks like needs to be send in... please contact us via e-mail, phone call or live-chat to get consult about repair procedure  
2015-11-2
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

read the phantom 3 FAQ. Apparently its normal for the battery to stay on for a bit. However, mine does not do that.

"My Phantom 3 does not turn off right away, is something wrong?
This is normal. After you attempt to power off the Intelligent Flight Battery, it may remain on for a few seconds as any video data is saved to the Micro SD card. This helps prevent your data from being lost or corrupted."
2015-11-2
Use props
nickbyrnechinn
lvl.1
Morocco

Michael M Posted at 2015-11-3 02:32
read the phantom 3 FAQ. Apparently its normal for the battery to stay on for a bit. However, mine do ...

That only applies to a normal shutdown not one with flashing lights indicating an error. When mine was working correctly it might have taken 5 seconds max to shut down if it was writing to the card but in the case of myself and the OP it hasn't even recorded any video as the camera is failing.
2015-11-3
Use props
nickbyrnechinn
lvl.1
Morocco

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-3 02:12
I'm sorry, but i looks like needs to be send in... please contact us via e-mail, phone call or live- ...

Ok as soon as I am back in the UK I will look into it. Thank you.
2015-11-3
Use props
carlosbsantana
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320591 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

A friend of mine had the same problem. Removed the sd card and turned it on and worked well, inserted the sd while on and restarted it and no more issues.
2015-11-3
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

I don't think it's a "repair" issue...mine was working 100% fine until I updated the controller firmware, now the video disconnects so often it is ridiculous!!  In 5 minutes of flight it disconnected at least a dozen times...its BAD firmware not repair issues
2015-11-3
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

nickbyrnechinn Posted at 2015-11-3 13:59
That only applies to a normal shutdown not one with flashing lights indicating an error. When mine ...

mine did the same thing today with the battery thing. Dont think i had the sd card installed weird. But its definitely the gimbal telling the craft not to turn off quit yet for some reason most likley a fault. Have you made sure that the connectors above the gimbal are in and secure?
2015-11-3
Use props
kenneth
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-1 20:26
Andersonpaac, unfortunately your aircraft needs to be repaired, please contact us via e-mail, phone  ...

It appears to be the black colored ribbon cable. This issue gets worse and worse with each power up and each flight. The ribbon cable is already worn out in less than two weeks. I have used it quite a bit, maybe an hour each day that I have had it. But anyways for those of you that have noticed it getting worse... check the flat ribbon cable, not the gray one.
2015-11-8
Use props
diestro
New

Paraguay

Hello, I have the same problem with the phantom 3 Pro. Buy it since it was launched, I've flown quite without any problem until that updates to version v1.6, since the gimbal left without work, also the battery. I no longer possess the seller guarantee because it apart to see any fault with the wires, physically seems everything in order. Any effective solution?

Excuse my English, google translator
2016-1-3
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Michael M Posted at 2015-11-2 21:32
read the phantom 3 FAQ. Apparently its normal for the battery to stay on for a bit. However, mine do ...

You cheated! You read the manual! LOL

Actually, I think I missed that part - I've never seem any of my batteries do that. Maybe it's because I've gotten better about stopping the video before turning everything off!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2016-1-3
Use props
odacwil
New

Puerto Rico

any solution?!!?

2016-12-26
Use props
fans52b72c35
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2877 ft
United States

Same EXACT issues here with my P3 pro.  DJI, you can't just say that all our Phantoms need repair and turn them in just because you have crappy software.  How can a brand new Phantom 3 pro become faulty.  That is bad quality control.  Very sad...
2016-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules