Range on Ground Station flights
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lagrafx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391040 ft
United States

Can you plug waypoints into the Ground Station app that are of unlimited range?  That is, is there a maximum range you can fly the P3 in autonomous flight mode?

I'd like to buy a DJI.  I currently just have an AR drone 2.0, but I can use qgroundcontrol for flights that take it outside of the range of the controls and bring it back.  Can you do that with the P3 or do the waypoint flights all have to be within the range of the controller during P3s flight?

2015-11-1
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 224577 ft
United States

Not sure this is an answer to your question...

I believe "Ground Station" was an older DJI control app. I'm new to this, but I believe the Phantom 3 only works with the newer DJI Go app.

The DJI Go app waypoints flight mode requires waypoints to be set by physically flying to them (cannot set them "offline"). Every waypoint must be within 500m of the home point (500m radius). The total maximum length of the waypoint mission is 5000m.
2015-11-1
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

No, they are not unlimited. There is a limit of 500m (radius) and 120m (height)
2015-11-2
Use props
lagrafx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391040 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-2 03:02
No, they are not unlimited. There is a limit of 500m (radius) and 120m (height)

Still....500m is about what, 5 football fields?  That seems fun enough to get the big picture.  Max Altitude seems OK too.  

What happens if the drone gets out of range OR if the drone calculates that it cannot make it back to base on existing battery?  Will it auto-turn back in time to make it back?
2015-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules