6280 5 2015-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airflix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173622 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi guys, is the DJI Ronin M compatible for longer camcorders like the Sony FDR AX100?  Should I have a DSLR for this rig instead of 4k Camcorders?  Are there any adapters or mods that will let this camcorder fit?
2015-11-2
Use props
Airflix
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Anyone have a solution to this?
2015-11-4
Use props
dsolomon1987
New

United States

I have the sony NEX VG30 with a zeiss 1.4 24mm fixed lens.  
I have it mounted on the ronin m.  
I have yet to successfully balance my camera due to clearance issues.   
My original call to DJI support was "Hey, i have the sony nex vg30 with X lens. My measurements for my camera are BLAHxBLAHxBLAH. will my camera work with the Ronin M? Their response was ''idk. here's a chart. figure it out."

The dimensions of my camera fit the dimensions of the chart.  
But, alas, when trying to balance my camera, I face clearance issues.  

I am slowly starting to see why everyone is complaining about DJI support.  

2015-11-27
Use props
davedv
New

United States

I have been able to fit a Sony AX100 on the Ronin-M. The AX100 is about 224mm long, which makes it about 112mm to the midpoint (which is just under the 120mm in the diagram from DJI). So it's a little tight, but it can just barely fit. Since the AX100 has a built-in lens, it's actually fairly balanced front to back (so the center of gravity is near the midpoint).

It can help if you pull out and tilt up the viewfinder eyecup in the back. This keeps the camera on without needing to open the screen, making it a bit easier to balance. You also can experiment with different size batteries to add more or less weight in the back as needed (even the largest battery size doesn't extend much beyond the eyecup).

The VG30 may be much tougher to make fit. With a lens installed, it would be longer than the AX100 and probably somewhat front-heavy making it difficult to balance (I'd imagine anyway, don't have a VG30 to try it with).
2015-12-10
Use props
Airflix
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

davedv Posted at 2015-12-10 21:50
I have been able to fit a Sony AX100 on the Ronin-M. The AX100 is about 224mm long, which makes it a ...

Awesome Dave, thanks for the response.  Sorry, didn't see it until now.  While I was back home in the states I could have got a Ronin M cheaper than they sell here in Australia.
2016-1-24
Use props
Image Ten
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1192697 ft
United States

Thank you for this.  I too am wondering about the AX100 on the Ronin M.  You mention the tight fit so Im concerned about my wide angle lens adapter (.7X Raynox) on the from to the AX100.  It's definitely front heavy.  Anyone have experience with this?  
Considering the Ronin over the X5 on OSMO.  As of right now, the widest compatible lens is 24mm (35mm equivelant) and that doesn't work for my interior Real Estate video/photo's.  I am open to any input you have.  Thank you in advance.
2016-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules