Phantom 2/Hero 3/FPV with iPad?
1268 2 2014-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnnydragonfly
New

United States

Hello, brand newbie here. I flew a palm sized quad two weeks ago and was hooked. Within that time, I found a Phantom 2. The hooks go deeper... I bought one second hand and flew it the first time yesterday. Amazing! I want to have it FPV. I don't know where to begin. I have an Ipad I'd like to use as a monitor. The quad I have, came with a "5.8g 200mw" antenna thing velcroed to a leg. I have a Hero3 Black for it. What else do I need to see well and with it and at a decent distance? I appreciate all of your expertise and I am so excited to finally find this pasttime. Thanks in advance!

Johnny
2014-12-21
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I doubt if there is a short answer to this question.  I suspect you won't be able to use the iPad unless there is something on the market similar to the DJI WiFi extender that acts as an interface between the camera and the iPad.  You can NOT use the DJI Extender because they operate on the 2.4 Ghz range and that is the same as your remote control (I'm presuming your Phantom 2 operates on a 2.4 Ghz frequency and the video is on the 5.8 Ghz frequency)  You might want to first ask the original owner what he was using for a monitor and pick his brain.

Or some other FPV pilots might weigh in on the question...  
2014-12-22
Use props
johnnydragonfly
New

United States

gil@wk.net Posted at 2014-12-23 02:13
I doubt if there is a short answer to this question.  I suspect you won't be able to use the iPad un ...

Thanks for the insight. I think I'm going with the Black Perl monitor and fpv set up now. I guess it's not that complicated after I've done some more research. Most everything is plug and play. But the iPad and controls does sound cool... Really excited about learning more. Thanks again!

Johnny
2014-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules