Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-11-2
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Why would you want to upgrade anyway? Something wrong with what you have now?
2015-11-2
Use props
Lux44
New

Estonia

> they will be implementing an upgrade path for current inspire version 1.0 users to fit the new ver 2.0 motors

I would certainly hope so. It would be a really *beep* move if they left all the early adopters of X5 out in the cold.
Note to self (again): never hurry to buy a hot new product (X5 in this case).
2015-11-2
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-11-2 15:30
Why would you want to upgrade anyway? Something wrong with what you have now?

Despite DJI's protestations I've personally never been terribly comfortable with the current QR props. They just look and feel like a major point of failure. Mine are already wearing on the locking teeth (on the motor) and I've rotated out a set of props for the same reason (wear on the prop-side locking notches).

The Inspire-D series QR system was clearly a rushed / rapid response to the fact that the breaking ESC's were causing the initial (standard bolt on)  props to come loose in flight. My primary interest in upgrading is to get the new locks, which appear to be a substantially more secure system. If I have to get upgraded motors to go along with that, so be it.

Plus, DJI's engineers clearly felt the current Inspire should receive motor upgrades for the Pro series so if I do eventually get an X5R I'd be much happier with the Pro series 420KV motors.
2015-11-2
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

There are some open questions

1. Do some Inspire D versions already have this motor? From the picture DJI I have the left one on my Inspire D. It has 2 holes on the top (I suppose the old motor has 4 holes).

2. if yes do they have 350 KV (though its the left motor from the picture) or do all of them have 420 KV.

Maybe only the propeller system is new for some but I guess most switched to T-Motor 14x4.8 props anyway.
2015-11-2
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-11-3 05:08
Despite DJI's protestations I've personally never been terribly comfortable with the current QR pr ...

I see. There is nothing wrong with original self tightening props to be honest. I've been using them without prop locks for a year without issue.  All reported problems with them were due to user error and failure to properly tighten them. I agree with your assessment about the first quick release prop design though, I haven't taken mine out of the package and would recommend the original props over them. I don't see a legitimate reason to justify cost of upgrading to the new motors however, any improvements in actual motor performance appear negligible.  
2015-11-2
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

I do have a D version.  Would be interesting if they came with the latest motors.
2015-11-2
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there an easy way to identify what version ESC and motors we have? (I believe the motors is easy with just the old version has 2 hole on top or  and the new ones have 4 holes, i may be wrong)

I recently sent my inspire 1 in for repair after I was getting a ESC issue.
I didn't get any info on the repair except a new camera and ESCs.
2015-11-2
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

teamnest1 Posted at 2015-11-2 20:32
Is there an easy way to identify what version ESC and motors we have? (I believe the motors is easy  ...

I think the ESC and motor units are integrated on the I1 - so I'm guessing if you have a 420KV motor you have the new ESC's . Otherwise, old ones.
2015-11-2
Use props
dji Timster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-11-2
Use props
Capt_M
lvl.2

United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-11-2 17:44
I see. There is nothing wrong with original self tightening props to be honest. I've been using th ...

I feel the same way.. These qr props have plastic holding your bird in the air.. No thanks
2015-11-2
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-11-3 10:23
I think the ESC and motor units are integrated on the I1 - so I'm guessing if you have a 420KV mot ...

Correct, more powerful ESC for more powerful motors
2015-11-3
Use props
enkhome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 273038 ft
Netherlands

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-11-2 23:44
I see. There is nothing wrong with original self tightening props to be honest. I've been using th ...

Fully agree with you. Only use the self tighten props with prop locks. Never had any issue since.
2015-11-3
Use props
enkhome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 273038 ft
Netherlands

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-3 09:01
Correct, more powerful ESC for more powerful motors

More power full means less flight time, if you mean more efficient it would be a benefit.
Maybe you can explain
2015-11-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-11-3 06:44

I agree. I still use them too.
2015-11-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

enkhome Posted at 2015-11-3 18:30
More power full means less fight time, if you mean more efficient it would be a benefit.
Maybe you ...

You are right.

Geez, these guys are smart businessmen! Copying Apple with the 'S' series after a main release. Incremental gain but lots and lots of buzz.

They did the same with the P2 with newer more powerful motors and new props.... Ha ha, buy their stock when they IPO! Will pay for upgrades.
2015-11-3
Use props
polycord.gmail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215764 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

dji Timster Posted at 2015-11-3 13:51
nothing wrong with my inspires just passing on what i was told again im on pilot app 1.1.2 FW .06 an ...

Never had problems with props or ESCs but I sold my Inspire 1 and bought the Pro with X5
2015-11-3
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Still have old props on with the locks and FW 1.1.2 with NO issues.   Happy Campers
2015-11-3
Use props
keep calm
lvl.1

United States

I called DJI in CA multiple times, all got through fairly quick and difference reps answered, but no one can confirm what you said here about the upgrade path though, do you remember the name of the nice gentleman? I may call again and ask for him,
2015-11-6
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

keep calm Posted at 2015-11-7 01:49
I called DJI in CA multiple times, all got through fairly quick and difference reps answered, but no ...

I have the D version with the QR props.  No issues.  I make sure to inspect before each use.  I think DJI should ship the new prop system to all users free of charge.  They obviously weren't happy with the first two designs.
2015-11-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

dji Timster Posted at 2015-11-2 21:51
nothing wrong with my inspires just passing on what i was told again im on pilot app 1.1.2 FW .06 an ...

Hi dji Timster.

Could you please remove the DJI from your username. You are not allowed to have DJI in your user name unless you work for DJI.

Thanks
Dave
2015-11-6
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

I can't see the benefit of upgrading esc and motors if you are planning on using the new X5 camera.  Existing motors on the Inspire 1 are more than adequate and if the more powerful motors reduce flight time wheres the advantage.  I see this a a good reason not to upgrade.  The only benefit would be using the new prop connection system, which perhaps would be a benefit to some guys, but never had any problems with the the QR versions on the Inspire 1.

2015-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules