Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC Firmware Rollback?
1797 8 2015-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

Can the RC firmware be "rolled back"?  I updated through the app and it screwed everything up, the video no longer stays connected in ANY version of the Go app.  This never happened until I updated the RC firmware...any help would be appreciated

2015-11-2
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Yes.  The firmware can be downgraded to v1.1.9 or later only.

1) Delete the current version off of the SD card.  (some people suggest formatting the card)
2) Download the previous version from the support page.
3) Go through the usual installation procedure with the previous version
2015-11-3
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

Thats wy i am sceptical to update my controller, i keep it this way, its flying perfectly now and i like to keep it that way
2015-11-3
Use props
ajinop
lvl.2

United States

I have had no luck my self in rolling back the remote control.
I can get everything else but the remote control.

Are you guys saying that we need to go back further then 2.3.0?
I have tried forced boot on the remote and still no luck.
2015-11-3
Use props
ajinop
lvl.2

United States

Gil.... Do we need to try and go past 2.3.0?, and then boot via sub or ad card reader?
2015-11-3
Use props
ajinop
lvl.2

United States

Usb or sd card reader
2015-11-3
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

Isn't there some combination  of keys to press on the RC to "force" it to load the firmware? And isn't the model number a factor as well?  300A or 300B?  I think I read somewhere that the 300B models can only be updated through the app once they have the new firmware...
2015-11-3
Use props
RozBujnik
lvl.2

Canada

I was, and still am, under the impression that there is no way to downgrade the remote controller firmware as of yet. And I am still waiting for this ability.
2015-11-3
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

I talked to the head tech at Drone's Plus...he "bricked" his inspire RC trying to roll it back, he had the same video connection issue with his RC
2015-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules