P2 flickering between flight modes GPS & FS
706 3 2015-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LewisPBack
New

Australia

Hi all, sorry to ask this question if it has already been asked, however I have searched many forums and cant find a solution to my problem.
The bird: Phantom 2 is about a year old with a few hours on her, no crashes, damage etc. Fly using Naza mode - all firmware up to date.
Running HD-3D gimbal with gopro hero 3 black, has 5.8G videolink transmitter and receiver

PROBLEM:
When flying, or even in warmup the phantom may enter failsafe mode, only to return to GPS or Atti mode (which ever is selected on controller). The mixed inputs, obviously half from the remote and half from the auto fly failsafe feature have sent the bird into sporadic flying patterns and even becoming fully inverted before self levelling (at this point I manually engaged FS to let P2 fly home).

When flying in a direction, if FS is engaged the drone will sporadically change directions, gain speed or lose speed, often flicking back into control. It really seems like it is getting mixed inputs, I assume its a hardware problem, however tapping on the drone will generally fix it temporarily. This, suggesting something is loose and the remote is not the problem although I have opened it up and ensured no wires are loose and switches look good..

To fix I have tried re-binding remote to the phantom - no difference
I have opened drone, unplugged everything and re-plugged in to ensure no loose connections - no difference
I've tried 3 different batteries - no difference

As I mentioned the problem is very sporadic, I am unable to get drone to enter failsafe mode now as its sitting next to me on my desk, however next flight it may, or may not decide to do its own thing. I initially thought it could be a battery issue however have never had any rapid discharges.

Any help greatly appreciated,

2015-11-3
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

For this type of problem I would be sure all my firmware was updated the do a complete IMU calibration and then a clean compass calibration. See if that fixes the issue. If not I would then clear out the Phantoms firmware with a complete reload by doing a hard reset. The redo all the calibrations. That should fix the issue definately but, if not then you have a hardware failure. This will require some real diagnostics. But the had reset should fix any software issue. That kind of like wiping out your PC and reloading the Windows with a clean copy.
2015-11-3
Use props
LewisPBack
New

Australia

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-11-3 20:25
For this type of problem I would be sure all my firmware was updated the do a complete IMU calibrati ...

Thanks for the help Roy, I've done a IMU calibration & compass calibration with no improvement, however I'll have crack clearing all firmware when I get time later in the week and see if that fixes the problem.

I've spoken to a few so called experts who don't think it's compass or GPS module problems, is there any hardware you'd suggest testing first?

Thanks again, much appreciated.
2015-11-3
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

LewisPBack Posted at 2015-11-3 05:00
Thanks for the help Roy, I've done a IMU calibration & compass calibration with no improvement, ho ...

My guess would be towards a receiver module issue which causes the P2 to intermittently loose radio contact.
2015-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules