Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Has anyone tested what would happen if you turned off the RC?
977 6 2015-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JapanDave
lvl.2
Japan

Just curious if anyone has turned off the RC mid flight? And as to what would happen if all power was to fail the RC and how the bird would reacte?
2015-11-3
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

I haven't tried it but the bird should hold it's position for a few seconds and when it decides the signal isn't coming back it should return to home.
2015-11-3
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

Done it.  It's just a RTH situation. No worries if remote dies and you check RTH info before each flight.   I wanted to see what happens and figure better in a safe place (normal testing location) vs out shooting where don't know area as well.
2015-11-3
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

I have tried it after installing the latest firmware. If you have set your
RTH at a good height to clear everything then it will return home after
A little bit as it goes through the RTH procedures. Mine worked right.
2015-11-3
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

I have tried this in the past as part of a commercial UAV Pilot examination when you are required to demonstrate the safety features of the aircraft.  Works perfectly, return to home initiated.
2015-11-3
Use props
JapanDave
lvl.2
Japan

Thanks. Just have to wonder why these birds that get no-signal drop out of the sky???
2015-11-3
Use props
doctrrf
lvl.3

United States

JapanDave Posted at 2015-11-3 16:04
Thanks. Just have to wonder why these birds that get no-signal drop out of the sky???

I have recently needed to turn off the RC while testing a third party app, sure enough, the bird returned safely home.

Most reports of birds "dropping out the sky" translates to: operator error. (In my opinion)
2015-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules