We need to stand up to the FAA for the right to fly safely.
649 3 2015-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skylinewg
lvl.2

United States

This is America, we do not live in a oppressive regime. We have a justice and court system and sometimes you have to buck the system in order for changes to be made.

If all we do is @itch and moan and complain about the rules with no action then the FAA will continue to rule with impunity.

What I'm going to do is safely fly my UAV for commercial purposes and report myself to the FAA with video evidence with my contact information, so that they can come after me with a fine. Hopefully that will start the courtroom process that will eventually hopefully make it to the Supreme Court.

I have nothing to lose but money and freedom, but if I'm successful then we all win. Somebody has to do it...or else we just sit idly by and watch as our ability to fly our vehicles become more and more restricted...I mean because flying 250 feet in an area not designated as airport airspace is really a safety issue.

FAA I know you're probably reading this, and as a matter of fact I hope "you" are. Your agency dealings with drones are a farce at best abd completely ludicrous. Due to your agency's inabilty to come up with effective, competent policy in a timely manner you guys felt forced to find a solution. Your fear mongering tactics are not unnoticed.

2015-11-3
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Technically there are no laws governing uav flight at this time despite what the faa wants you to believe, commercial or otherwise
2015-11-3
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

Here's one for you. The Fort Hood PX is selling the DJI Phantoms and others. I see nothing wrong with that,
However, they then go out and fly it in an open space on Fort Hood, which as we know is a military
Installation and which is a no no. They are buying them out all the time and do not read what they
Should including safety rules and instructions. Out of the box and into the air. They are told not to
Fly on base and then it's wherever they can find to fly. The only thing that bothers me is most of them
Do not read anything until it's to late. They crash then they might start reading about their P3.

Then there DJI famous very, very small printed fast start directions. I had to read them with a
Magnifying glass. Come on. If it's a fast start guide with some safety tips and what you can and
Can't do, MAKE THE TEXT BIG ENOUGH TO READ!!!

For Christmas the matter of UAVs will pick up as many will receive them for Christmas. It's the
Same story all over again. Out of the box, outside and fly. So I see education of UAV's a  must.
2015-11-3
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hope you have your 333 or are you saying you want to do this with out one .Do you have a lawyer who will do this for free or are you one .We need laws and I hope they put a safety net/rules in place so we can all continue to fly .It is very confuising at the moment .

2015-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules