Replacing the Micro SD card with a higher capacity?
1036 2 2015-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
craig.thomas10
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi All,

Received my first ever Phantom yeterday (Phantom 3 Standard) and have so far updated all the firmware and performed calibration etc.  Not taken it out for its first flight yet as I want to make sure I know everything I can before I even consider taking off.

Anyway, it turns out I have a 32gb Sandisk Class 10 lying around which id like to use in the Phantom.  Before I go ahead and do that I have a couple of questions:

1) Will the camera automatically format the new card or do I need to do this from the DJI Go app?
2) I read that the firmware update put files on the SD card, will swapping the SD card cause any issues?

Thanks
2015-11-4
Use props
tdrussell1
lvl.1

United States

If the update is complete, you don't need those files anymore (if there's any still there).  

There's a line item for SD card at the bottom of the warm up screen in the camera view.  That will indicate whether you need to format.  If it gives you an error, try formatting it in FAT32 or exfat from a computer.
2015-11-4
Use props
Data Ghost
lvl.2

United Kingdom

tdrussell1 Posted at 2015-11-4 15:00
If the update is complete, you don't need those files anymore (if there's any still there).  

There ...

Great thanks for the advice
2015-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules