Inspire 1 Pro with X5 Camera - FIRMWARE UPDATE?
2451 4 2015-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
charl2009
lvl.1
Flight distance : 790177 ft
United States

Just received my new Inspire 1 Pro with x5 Camera and notice I have the following factory defaul Firmware:

App - Version 2.4.0Aircraft - Version 1.2.1.06+
RC - Version 1.4.30
Camera - Version 1.0.0.30+

From reading DJI's website i need to update my controller & the aircraft as follow:

Download - [size=1em]Inspire 1 Firmware v1.3.0.00 first from this page:
https://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download
Unzip, then place the .bin file into a formatted new SD card inside root. (I used the same SD card that came with drone and made sure it was formatted and file in root)
Then with the drone off, place the SD card into the camera and power on. It is suppos to give me 3 D-D-D audio sounds, but nothing for me. It just sits there as if nothing was inserted.
The first time i waited 1 hour, the second time i tried again for about 40 min, but still not doing anything.

I tried to use another SD card, but same issue. I made sure the file was unzipped and in root as described. No text file was generated.
Do i need to update the controller first, then the Aircraft for this to work? I am leaving for a trip on Sat for very important shoot over water and REALLY do not want to go without the correct updated settings.
Also, what will happen if i stay with the current versions? Will i be ok?

2015-11-4
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

Remove the SD card.  Try powering on your Remote Control then your Inspire.  Does your Inspire turn on, camera rotate 360 and back to center?  
If not your camera may not be seated/connected correctly.  Check the pins on the Inspire camera connector.  Try reseating the camera.
You have you full charged the battery, right?
2015-11-4
Use props
charl2009
lvl.1
United States

I removed card several times including changing the card with another brand new one. I powered the remote on first and then inspire. YES, inspire turns on and camera rotates 360 degree and back to center. Pins is perfect, in fact it makes no difference than a normal startup before flight other than the light going yellow at back (when controller is off and green when controller is on). This is a problem for the new X5 camera update. I have a feeling this works fine with the old X3 camera. Do you have a X5 or X3?
2015-11-5
Use props
Mackan79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302480 ft
Sweden

Hi

i have the exact same problem!

DJI?  Anything??

thanks
2015-11-5
Use props
charl2009
lvl.1
United States

Ok, guys it fixed itself.Apparently the controller MUST be turned off completely when you insert the SD card with .bin file in root.
Then switch on the copter... btw it NEVER did the d-d-d for me... instead it was always just the Yellow flashing light.
I'm honestly not sure when it completed, because i had no idea it was ever done. No .txt file was written to the card either.

When i calle DJI support they asked me to check my versions again and they were magically all updated to version 4.0 - even though i inserted the 3.0 update... very strange and crazy.. but I'm not complaining as I'm up to date. According to DJI the file could not have corrupted either, because it will NOT show updated if it did not update.

I think I'll go with that and continue to fly

If anyone ever figure out the riddle, feel free to let me know.
2015-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules