Weird Image Artifacts on P3P
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joshcox
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone else seen these sort of artifacts in longer-exposure shots? In each of these pictures you'll see some pixels are always all green/blue/red. I'm wondering if this indicates an issue with the CMOS chip or perhaps some other hardware issue. Here are the relevant settings I was using:
Shutter Speed: 8 seconds
Image Format: RAW
Image Aspect: 16:9

DJI_0009.jpg
DJI_0008.jpg
DJI_0007.jpg
DJI_0006.jpg
DJI_0005.jpg
DJI_0004.jpg

2015-11-4
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Stuck pixels.  Pretty common in time exposures.  Alslo made worse with a "hot" sensor.  That is, the longer the sensor is running, the worse they can get.
2015-11-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I'd like to take a look at original DNG file if it's possible, joshcox
2015-11-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-11-5 16:57
Stuck pixels.  Pretty common in time exposures.  Alslo made worse with a "hot" sensor.  That is, the ...

Quite correct, and the issue is made worse by the very low light levels.
2015-11-5
Use props
joshcox
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-5 16:03
Quite correct, and the issue is made worse by the very low light levels.

Interesting. Is this something that happens with all cameras? Is there a way to avoid it? Sorry, I'm pretty naïve about most photography concepts beyond the basics.
2015-11-5
Use props
joshcox
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-5 15:06
I'd like to take a look at original DNG file if it's possible, joshcox

Here is a link where you can download all the DNGs: https://mega.nz/#!vFBUWQQa!q3bFJ ... L1e0hMNMs3A2YQi8TdA
2015-11-5
Use props
chris
lvl.2

Finland

As far as I know it happens to most if not all cameras, I have canon mk 3 and mk 2 cost 3000 and 2000 just for camera body with no lens, and I had hot and stuck pixels on long exposures on both cameras, but the camera has the ability to remap the sensor by that I mean it looks for hot pixels on long exposures by doing a black exposure  then any pixels that show up are automatically erased by blending in the surrounding  pixels to cover up the dead one then that info is stored for future shots, but not all cameras have that ability especially a cheap one like in the p 3, all my go pro's suffer from stuck pixels, I use dxo optics pro to get rid of them but that's 500 bucks   
2015-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules