DJI P3P crash in 4th test flight
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sirwiz
New

Poland

I go up, do few 360 and want to land. 30 cm above ground he suddenly go up 20-30m fly like crazy and hit the ground with full spedd (all motors on).

http://healthydrones.com/main?fl ... _id=GENERALOverview

According to log i do almost 130km/h and crash -60m (under ground).

It was 4rd flight, just testing, go up, spin a little go down .....

Sad day, for new P3 owner.....
2015-11-4
Use props
tdrussell1
lvl.1

United States

Nothing obvious in the log.  Open a ticket with DJI and provide the log.  Sounds like a hardware/electrical failure in IMU possibly.
2015-11-4
Use props
sirwiz
New

Poland

Yup, i open ticket in DJI support. Im just curious, and if i ever had new one i want to minimalise such fail. According to log i was at 0.5m height at 1.26 (all was OK), on 1.27 i was 4 mether under ground drone switch to atti, and crash few seconds 2-4 on 60 methers under ground switching modes from atti to gps few times. Im pretty shure that i was so suprised that i do not push any buttons. I dont even had time....
2015-11-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

sirwiz, I'm relly sorry about your crash, please contact us via e-mail, phone call or live-chat, then send us your flight data so we'll be able to find the reason of the crash... thank you!
2015-11-4
Use props
acservice
New

United States

So I have bought 3 DJI drones. 2 Phantom 2's, 1 Phantom 3 pro and I own a Osmo. I have a private pilots license.( I fly real planes ) I have a FAA 333 exemption. I have built drones from scratch. ( quad copters ). Been flying drones for 5 years.  I was flying my Phantom 3 pro yesterday on a video shoot for a customer when my screen went black on my Ipad and it said "no signal". I looked up just in time to see a splash in the lake. At first I thought I saw a fish jump but in my disbelief it was my drone. Just flyingh away from the beach
to do a shoreline shot the drone just quit. I had over 70% left on the battery. Just got done shooting other shots of the home. I had the latest firmware installed. Here is the footage just before the loss. I was just heading out. One thumb on the forward stick. No pilot error. I think DJI may have some issues with the mass produced drones. The customer service is
very poor. I run a drone video photography business  I have been using DJI products for years. Never had one fall out of the sky. I would like to get the flight data from the unit but it will not function due to being in the water. Any suggestions on how th remove data on a dead unit?
https://vimeo.com/144749076
2015-11-5
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Holy Crap.........max speed = 75mph!!!
2015-11-5
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

AC, just a suggestion - if you use these commercially you may want to buy from B&H and get the SquareTrade warranty which will replace them - as long as you have the drone (wet, crashed, etc.) to send to them.

It's a good investment if you are a heavy user and need your machines.

It sounds like a battery problem (do you use DeOXit on the terminals often?) - I think the machine keeps some logs on the Remote...doesn't it?
2015-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules