Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Returning my Osmo to B&H with one star review
2079 11 2015-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info.irionphoto
lvl.1

United States

The design is beautiful and the gimbal is beautiful- when it works.  Many of the issues have already been outlined-
stops recording, screen settings disappear, etc.

In addition to these the gimbal goes into sleep mode (in the middle of moverment and/or recording) when you tap on the on-screen warning it
still does not wake up. I get a warning saying "reformatting recommended" but when I try to do so an error message says "format timed-out."

54 hours after contacting DJI support no response other than to say they've opened a ticket- (Yes, I know DJI tech support does not get rave reviews from many...)

No log recording like its twin on the Inspire 1- major disappointment and no mention of this anywhere by DJI as far as I can tell.

As a first time purchaser my experience has been pretty disappointing all around. Not ready for prime time.

2015-11-4
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

The D LOG and 4096 Real 4K will be fixed with the firmware update! I was pissed too but cant deny its a great tool just sucks its not perfect from day 1.
2015-11-4
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Hi, DJI has sent mail to your personal email address. Please check the mail and provide answers to the questions so that we can help you find out the root casue to the problem and offer resolutions.
Thank you!
2015-11-4
Use props
info.irionphoto
lvl.1

United States

DJI Candice Posted at 2015-11-4 23:35
Hi, DJI has sent mail to your personal email address. Please check the mail and provide answers to t ...

Sorry, but after 50 hours of waiting after sending a detailed email I gave up and returned the unit.
DJI, in my opinion, needs to really beef up its customer service. Burying important information about unit operability, missing features, firmware fixes, etc in forum threads is not my idea of customer service.

Software and hardware problems need to be addressed publicly on the forum homepage or on the DJI website.

I got no answer to any of my concerns. I got no information from the DJI website. I returned the item and will wait until the specs and operability of the OSMO is well documented around the web rather than depending on DJI for being upfront and responsive. With no explanation or response from DJI I gave it a 1 star review. It's already done.

2015-11-5
Use props
abel.aluart
lvl.1

United States

Wish i'd bought mine from there as well.  I made my purchase straight from DJI and was informed that the fan noise is not a reason for return, however according to their standards "manufacturing defects" is a reason.  So how is this not a reason?  I was informed to get an external microphone to fix the issue.
2015-11-7
Use props
Ikary2008
lvl.1

Venezuela

I feel the same, there is an effort to conceal the web osmo defects, is that the Chinese not only intervene the Pentagon communications but also around the marketing of a product.

Tell me long did it take to get bad information osmo ?.

I'm upset because YouTube user "Channel IrixGuy's Adventure" is making a REVIEW () and can not hear anything in his voice (even though you are using a microphone external). I think many osmo bought for your store and have to say that everything is fine to sell; or agreement with DJI.

Terrible, and do not want to fly my Phantom, if not fall from the sky for "Fly Away Problem", it is considered a cause of return
2015-11-7
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

info.irionphoto Posted at 2015-11-6 02:32
Sorry, but after 50 hours of waiting after sending a detailed email I gave up and returned the uni ...

It's always a good idea to wait until buying a brand new piece of tech - sure, we all want to be the first to have these nice things - but in truth there are very few companies that get complex tech right the first time. DJI has by far the best camera quads BUT it took a couple generations or firmware/hardware improvement before they become "ready for prime time:".

A situation such as yours will make DJI do better because they want higher reviews. My only point here is that individual users should usually wait 90-120 days after a product release before buying (by that point they can check reviews and known problems, etc.).

I think they will get the Osmo perfected relatively soon. At the same time I'm torn as to whether to just get a handheld gimbal for an iphone 6 - it's smaller, lighter and would seem to do most of the same functions for a non-pro occasional user.
Maybe DJI should make one of these!
2015-11-8
Use props
sevimli
lvl.2
United States

"No log recording like its twin on the Inspire 1- major disappointment and no mention of this anywhere by DJI as far as I can tell."

Was it something DJI promised for the launch or even for this camera/gimbal set?  
2015-11-8
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

info.irionphoto Posted at 2015-11-6 02:32
Sorry, but after 50 hours of waiting after sending a detailed email I gave up and returned the uni ...

Hi infor.irionphoto, sorry for the delay. Could you offer the ticket no. ? Usually, we will reply the mails within 24 hours. No reply in 50 hours is abnormal. After investigation, we will give you a feedback.
Anyway, thank you for your feedback, we would further improve our after service

2015-11-9
Use props
info.irionphoto
lvl.1

United States

DJI Candice Posted at 2015-11-9 06:28
Hi infor.irionphoto, sorry for the delay. Could you offer the ticket no. ? Usually, we will reply  ...

2015-11-9
Use props
info.irionphoto
lvl.1

United States

Candace,
I gave you the ticket number. Two days later still no reply from you.
My feeling is that DJI customer service is no customer service at all.
The forum is full of may reports of poor service, poor communication, untrue shipping times,
Products faults that it seems that DJI is creating customers who will be very happy to take their business
Somewhere else. We all understand that problems occur, but it seems very clear that DJI  has  only created more
problems itself.
2015-11-11
Use props
dji-bengz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8225 ft
Hong Kong

Hi info.irionphoto,

Sorry to hear that you return your unit mainly due to our not-timely response customer service.  It's clear that we have a large room to improve on it.  Feedbacks and advises are taken.  However I believe Candice is still working on your case to find out what went wrong, hope her work will help us from losing caring customer like you in future.  
2015-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules