1358 4 2015-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chriswayatt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108944 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I ran a test last night with the X5 and DJI f1.7 lens, and I was surprised that I could only go as high as 400 ISO before the the 'blacks' in the image become noising and ugly.
Are others having the same issue?

For the money I spent, I feel that DJI could have pushed harder to produce a camera that produces a significantly better image than the X3. I feel the camera is only slightly better.

Thoughts?

2015-11-5
Use props
doug.upthink
lvl.1
Flight distance : 861621 ft
United States

I'm experiencing nasty posterization in all of the shadows even at iso100 when using LOG. Not exactly sure if this is just an issue with the firmware or GO app w/ LOG, but I have yet to get really good results to color grade in post. Maybe the LOG profile in GO hasn't been updated to the MFT sensor data? I would assume a unique LOG would need to be used for each sensor (i.e. LOG for x3/P3P sensor, LOG for X5 sensor) so it can correctly pull the raw, linear data.

Two samples below w/ straight out of camera, ungraded 4K stills pulled from x5 video. Compared to the 4K video produced by my Phantom 3 using LOG, the X5 images look terrible in comparison (for what it is on both rigs -- compressed 4K @ 60mbps).

Anyone else noticing this on the x5?

X5 posterization Sample #1 (4k res)

X5 posterization Sample #2 (4k res)
2015-11-6
Use props
Chris Wayatt
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I am seeing the same posterization Doug.
I only make these comments in this forum to get Dji's attention and hope they can remedy these issue quickly !!!
2015-11-6
Use props
gregogarrison
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same issue.  The posterization makes any clip unusable.  For a $2000 camera this is unacceptable.  Was planning on using this in a project that I am shooting with the A7R2 but side by side the image is crap from the Zenmuse X5.  I am also seeing purple chromatic aberration in the highlights.  You cant color grade either.   Please help DJI!!!
2015-11-25
Use props
Chris Wayatt
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

The latest firmware update seems to have made all the difference to this camera. DJI ......I don't know what you did but the X5 with the latest firmware update seems to make a HUGE difference in sharpness, low light ability etc. Well done!
2015-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules