SectorDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi All,

Just confused in this battery thing..

I usually fly only once a week...

I usually full charge 3 batteries... and my discharge days is 10 (i dont actually understand this)

Someone say when you press the batt button, the days will reset (means will count back to 0 to 10days b4 discharge?)

1) Do I need to store my batt at what % just incase I will be flying 7 days later
2) What is discharge days ?
3) How the system discharge it ?
4) Will the batt (plugged on my P3) will also discharge ?
5) Is it dangerous when the batt started to discharge ?
Any summary of best practice (proven and true !)

Sorry for theses questions...

Thanks for answering ...

2015-11-5
Use props
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

So... about your avatar... What the hell is it?!?
2015-11-5
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

It's best to set the goapp to discharge in two days.....they don't like sitting round fully charged.If possible charge them they day you plan to fly if not the night before.
2015-11-5
Use props
sermole
lvl.2

United States

Mikey14 Posted at 2015-11-6 00:44
So... about your avatar... What the hell is it?!?

hahahahaha
2015-11-6
Use props
SectorDrone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Anyone can answer the rest of my questions? Instead of falling in love on my avatar?
2015-11-8
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Lithium Ion Battery does not like to stay fully charged for a long period of time. TheDJI Battery is known as a smart Battery in that the circuitry in the Battery monitors each Cell for Voltage and Current. The timing Circuit will discharge the Battery at around 10 days to a 50% charge. How they are accomplishing this I am not sure. there is most likely a load introduced to the cells to discharge them. I use a 50 oHM Resistor rated at 20 Watts to discharge a Lead Acid Battery.

I really doubt that using the level/on, off button will reset the Circuit. If that were the case, every time that you checked the Battery it would do a reset and the Battery would not be at full capacity.

In short, let the Battery do it's thing and if you arguing flying before the 10 Day period just check the status and charge them if need be. After the 10 day period, charge them.
2015-11-8
Use props
SectorDrone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Thanks Rodger... Just thinking if the discherge days come... do I need to secure the battery ..to avoid fire just in case ?  Or removed it on my case and put it metal case ?
2015-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules