Osmo Picture Drifting
2263 8 2015-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ei4jr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1890640 ft
Ireland

Has any body noticed that there is a very small picture / camera drift. I have noticed this every time the unit is used. I thought that it should stabalise after a while but no the drift is still there although it can drift the other way after 5 minutes.
I tried different camera modes and its still the same.
I tried the auto calibration and it makes no difference.

Osmo X3 Black
App= 2.4.0(r104)
Firmware = 1.0.1.19

2015-11-6
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for your feedback, we will try to fix the drift problem of gimbal in future firmware. Currently, it's normal that the gimbal could have slow and small drift of pan.
2015-11-18
Use props
propellerhead22
New

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-18 04:06
Thanks for your feedback, we will try to fix the drift problem of gimbal in future firmware. Current ...

It wasn't normal behavior with the initial release of the device. Please give us the option to roll back to the previous firmware version.
2015-11-18
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

I have a similar issue, but not drift. My Osmo doesn't re-center when panning, when I pan left or right, then back to original position, the camera doesn't return to original position. It is a few degrees off.  Shouldn't it return to the center when 'deadband' is set to 0 ?

So for example, if the Osmo is pointing straight ahead, then I pan 90 degrees right, then back again to straight ahead, the camera should return to the same position as before right? But my Osmo comes to rest a bit before dead center, slightly off center. Is this normal?

I wish panning could smoothly return the camera to dead center! Please can this be looked at DJI? When I double tap trigger, the motion is too abrupt, I need smooth motion for looking straight ahead again.
2015-11-18
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

ke-now Posted at 2015-11-19 01:08
I have a similar issue, but not drift. My Osmo doesn't re-center when panning, when I pan left or ri ...

Same issue here.  It forces us to over compensate to get it lined up.  Hopefully they come up with a fix.
2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

propellerhead22 Posted at 2015-11-18 20:32
It wasn't normal behavior with the initial release of the device. Please give us the option to rol ...

The problem exist at the first firmware version too. The drift problem is kind of bottleneck of gimbal field, the algorithm and precision of sensors can all effect the motion of gimbal. For now, the gimbal of dji is in a leading position in the world. We will spare no efforts to overcome technical difficulties. A compensate way is to do the gimbal calibration to reduce the drift. The small drift actually can not be noticed during the dynamic shooting, if you want the gimbal to stay at the same positon for a long time, you can lock the pan axis only.
2015-11-18
Use props
karchner14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

ke-now Posted at 2015-11-18 11:08
I have a similar issue, but not drift. My Osmo doesn't re-center when panning, when I pan left or ri ...

Same Problem here.
2015-11-19
Use props
kmyers1958
New

United Kingdom

same issue, drifting right and tilting up. then decided not to respond to the thumb stick. Hardly used this and not happy. If the product isn't 100% ready for the market, DONT RELEASE IT IN THE 1ST PLACE !!!!

Also, sent an X5 off to be repaired after the pan arm was broken in a windshear drop from a metre. DJI quoted me over £1500, not for repair but for replacement. Very poor back up if spares aren't available to effect what should be a simple repair.

I have just completed my PfAW and after seeing the issues raised with back up and firmware problems I am seriously doubting moving forward with DJI equipment.

I was also very surprised to find that DJI did not have a stand at UK Drone Show
2015-12-7
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

kmyers1958@goog Posted at 2015-12-8 00:16
same issue, drifting right and tilting up. then decided not to respond to the thumb stick. Hardly us ...

Hi, about your OSMO, you mentioned that the OSMO didn't respond to the thumb stick. Would you please provide more details or shoot a demo video to indicate your problem?  What is your firmware version of OSMO and app version?
2015-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules