why did i buy a phantom?
2510 32 2014-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikegil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32730 ft
United Kingdom

Right weve gone from original post of well done DJI to why did i buy a phantom, i read numerous threads on how many people have issues with these but thought no product can be that bad have had it for three days now and still can't get the camera to work with vision app.
Have reinstalled app
yes everything is upto date
yes have tried binding the range extender numerous times
yes have turned off my home wifi

have done a little video to show what happens (this happens everytime) ignore the grumpy voice over as am totally ****** of with this phantom

have tried on two different phones and both will not hold a pairing with extender

wished i hadn't bought it now
mike

2014-12-22
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Your video was hard to see, but from what I could make out your phone is not connecting to the extender.

Heres what I do.

1) Turn on the TX
2) Turn on the Extender
3) Turn on the Pantom
4) Search for and connect to the extender.

Do that in the sequence I post.
It can take a 1-2 min for it to appear in the wifi menu of the phone so be patient
2014-12-22
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Difficulty seeing everything, need better quality video.
2014-12-22
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

umpa Posted at 2014-12-23 03:35
Your video was hard to see, but from what I could make out your phone is not connecting to the exten ...

have done that numerous times in that order, turned off my home network so as not to interfere, it will pair when you do a new binding but will drop off as soon as you try camera then as soon as it looses pairing it won't find it again, have tried on two different phones an iPhone and a samsung note 3 both do exactly the same, one thing I have just noticed the little light on camera stays a solid green witch according to manual is in idle?
mike
2014-12-22
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

right better quality video of what i had to do again as pairing disappeared again . something is wrong not sure if its camera or extender

mike
2014-12-22
Use props
kamikaze
lvl.2

Germany

mikegil Posted at 2014-12-23 04:20
right better quality video of what i had to do again as pairing disappeared again . something is wro ...

Why don't scan the qr-code on the side of the box twice. That helped me for binding after resetting the extender.

Happy Landings
2014-12-22
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

It won't scan it
2014-12-22
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I am really sorry you are having so much trouble Mike.
Not sure I understand why you are re-binding the range extender to the phantom on a new out of the box unit, re-binding is only normally needed if you have replaced either the range extender or the Wi-Fi unit inside the phantom.
My Samsung S3 just connected to the phantom Wi-Fi and worked out of the box, but I know that's of no help to you right now...
Hopefully someone from a more technical background or a DJI rep can help you.
2014-12-22
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I had to rebind it because it has never connected to the camera right from the start, as mentioned before the camera's light will not change from a constant green light.Goods not fit for purpose
2014-12-22
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Well if you are 100% sure its a Phantom error then as you bought from DJI.com you need to call DJI Germany (Europe support) +49 (0) 1803 354000 or email them support.europe@dji.com as soon as possible to arrange a repair or replacement.
2014-12-22
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

RE: the QR code.  Something about the QR code not scanning is bugging me.  The code is located on the bottom of the Phantom, not the box as someone mentioned earlier.  I'm not trying to insult anyone's intelligence by asking for maybe a video of what happens when that is attempted.
ScanQRcode.gif
2014-12-22
Use props
smar8600
lvl.2

United States

mikegil Posted at 2014-12-23 03:47
have done that numerous times in that order, turned off my home network so as not to interfere, it ...

on your Samsung phone turn off the mobile data .
2014-12-22
Use props
smar8600
lvl.2

United States

mikegil Posted at 2014-12-23 03:47
have done that numerous times in that order, turned off my home network so as not to interfere, it ...

on your Samsung phone turn off mobile data.
2014-12-22
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

If there is still no camera signal after rebinding in right way for several times I suppose a damaged WIFI board caused it.
Really really sorry for that...
Pls contact the dealer to arrange a replacement ASAP
Hope this kind of issue will never happen again
2014-12-22
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

gil@wk.net Posted at 2014-12-23 07:56
RE: the QR code.  Something about the QR code not scanning is bugging me.  The code is located on th ...

Hi Gil, have tried scanning the QR code on extender on extender not the box and it won't scan just keeps focusing on code but won't actually scan it
2014-12-22
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

smar8600@aol.co Posted at 2014-12-23 08:42
on your Samsung phone turn off mobile data.

yep tried that
2014-12-22
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2014-12-23 10:08
If there is still no camera signal after rebinding in right way for several times I suppose a damage ...

yes it does sound like faulty wifi board but what about the camera light that stays on a constant green not flashing
2014-12-22
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

mikegil Posted at 2014-12-23 15:12
Hi Gil, have tried scanning the QR code on extender on extender not the box and it won't scan just ...

Uhhh, mike... It's not on the box and it's not on the WiFi Extender.  Did you not see the photo taken from the manual I included on my last note?  The one where it has a diagram of the bottom of the Phantom and labeled "Scan the camera QR code on the bottom of the aircraft".  
And now I'm going to put my mouse down and step away slowly so nobody get hurt, ok?
2014-12-23
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

gil@wk.net Posted at 2014-12-23 23:19
Uhhh, mike... It's not on the box and it's not on the WiFi Extender.  Did you not see the photo ta ...

hi gil yes have tried scanning the QR code on bottom of  the aircraft and still nothing wifi drops of straight away as in video.
I would say it has a faulty wifi sender and am thinking camera is faulty as well as it just stays in idle/off mode
mike
2014-12-23
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

have just tried to bind with ipad2 and still nothing, the ipad2 and iPhone neither will scan the QR code, the samsung note will scan but drops of connection straight away. I seem to spend more time trying to find out whats wrong with this than actually flying and enjoying it and am getting more wound up as each day goes by, emailed DJI Europe and guess what NO response, Serious lack of customer care and quality control if this is how they send products out as this is how it has been from out of the box. (rant over)
2014-12-23
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Phone them, email will take a few days and with the Christmas holidays I would not expect a reply until the new year.
Connecting to the phantom wifi is so simple, just turn everything on and pick the phantom wifi from your phones list, job done, no binding needed. But as you have already done all that to no avail, then repair or replacement is the only option and if i was you I would be on the phone now before everything closes for the holidays.
2014-12-23
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

have been trying to phone DJI Europe on and off all day with no luck, are heliguy a uk support for DJI? will they deal with me if i ordered direct with DJI?
have taken a couple more vids one on iPhone and one on samsung showing exactly the same results

can anyone tell me what their camera LED light indicator does on startup please
cheers mike

2014-12-23
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

All boxed up now ready to go back to DJI
2014-12-25
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

mikegil Posted at 2014-12-26 02:29
All boxed up now ready to go back to DJI

On the first video when you binded the range extender, did you see the blue check mark to the top left, you did not tap that.  
2014-12-25
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I must have forgot then, pressure of filming spoken to DJI and they say it's either a faulty extender or camera or both so now have to send off to Germany
2014-12-25
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

mikegil Posted at 2014-12-26 03:51
I must have forgot then, pressure of filming  spoken to DJI and they say it's either a faulty exte ...

Try that, if it works, give them a call back and cancel.
2014-12-25
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-26 03:56
Try that, if it works, give them a call back and cancel.

sorry gerry, what I meant was previously I had been pressing the tick box, just the presure of being on film made me forget
2014-12-25
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Saga continues, trying to send back to DJI, royal mail won't send if contains lipo batteries? ?? Tried to phone DJI to see if can send back without batteries no one answers :-(
2014-12-29
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Parcel Force will ship internationally.
New and used Lithium ion and polymer batteries contained in equipment (e.g. rechargeable batteries found in electronic devices ) YES UK / YES Internationally.
2014-12-29
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-29 20:45
Parcel Force will ship internationally.
New and used Lithium ion and polymer batteries contained in  ...

only if connected to device
2014-12-29
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Well yeah, so what's the problem ?
Did it not come with the battery inside the phantom ? Send it back the same way.
2014-12-29
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-29 21:08
Well yeah, so what's the problem ?
Did it not come with the battery inside the phantom ? Send it bac ...

It did but they asked me to send complete package back which included two spare batteries, so have removed the and just sent back with the one battery connected
2014-12-29
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Fair enough, helps to keep the weight down too...
2014-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules