Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Propellers for DJI Phantom 2 Vision
1398 6 2014-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mhall.pcrepair
New

United States

Are the stock propellers just the best ones to use for the P2V with stock motors?  I ordered some carbon fiber ones but they are terrible.  I mainly looking for some good propellers that are not just white.  The white shows dirt and scuffs far too easily I do not understand why DJI goes out of their way to make everything plain white and offer no other options.  Does anyone know where I can find some good black propellers for my Phantom 2?
2014-12-22
Use props
rod
lvl.4

New Zealand

Just curious as to why you want black props- ?? you can't see them once it is flying.  Dirty props take a few seconds to clean with a damp cloth. You could spray them with an automotive acrylic paint, or maybe blackboard matt paint. Keep away from volatile solvent based paints though.
2014-12-22
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

In my opinion stock props are the way to go, I am still using the first set it came with back in July.
2014-12-22
Use props
rod
lvl.4

New Zealand

And yes, I would stick with the standard props- it is designed for those..  The later higher lift props and certainly carbon fibre will place extra load on the tiny motors that they are not designed for.  I cannot see how my flying experience can be improved with prop changes.  It is already very fast and responsive- probably faster reacting than I am!
2014-12-22
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

The props made by DJI are actually matched to the motors. The Vision + V3 has the 2312 motors and requires the 9450 props. The older versions have the 2212 motors and are matched out with the 9443 props. The airfoil of the props are different. Be careful when swapping out your props for aftermarket ones. If the airfoil design is not the correct one for your motors, you could cause flying issues and  motor wear.
2014-12-22
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Absolutely, stock props are designed specifically. I have carbon fibre props, used once, never again.
2014-12-22
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stock props are tuned and balanced specifically for each motor as momochi posted.

Carbon fiber prop is too stiff, and easy to break, and hard to balance in large scale.
2014-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules