New Idea - Security Solution Swam
1222 0 2015-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sherring
New

Australia

I wanted to post up something for DJI product developing tothink about.  It’s something I have beenthinking about for over a year now.  My businessis with the security industry, primary  focusedaround high quality CCTV systems consultancy to many government agencies and multinationalcompanies around the globe.  I believeDrone technology is going to be the future in this industry, so wanted to giveDJI a vison of the future perhaps?
I’m an owner of a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced.  I use this drone to produce high quality aerialphotos for design of camera placements around buildings and site locations.   However the more I use it, the more I realisethat this drone technology using for my business, is actually the securityindustry future!!

As swarming technology, and obstacle avoidance, and terrainmapping matures, drone systems can become a harmonised solution for any securitysystem.  Imagine a fenced compound orbuilding that is already fully mapped.  Sensorsand cameras with current vision analytics  surround the fence alerting the existingsecurity system of any intruders.  Currentlythis means that a PTZ CCTV camera may be focused to that area, and/or an actualhuman guard is alerted or dispatched to that area.

My vison of the future is a little different to the current.  Image that the same situation exists, but nowon being alerted an “always ready to fly” swam of drones is armed in a  secure location on the building.  On being alerted of an intruder near the perimeterthe first drone takes off and fly’s to the area to observe and capture anyintrusion. That drone is filled with a Day/Night or extra IR to illuminate thearea.   Its will start to capture events.  The intruder continues over the perimeter, soa 2nd drone is dispatched, this one with a powerful spotlight andaudio systems to advise the intruder they are being observed, filmed and securityhave been called.  The intruder still  continues, then a 3rd drone is dispatched,this one carrying permeant ink dye with RFI microdots within the ink.  (same as used on bank notes).  The intruder is warned again, and if they continuethe third drone sprays the intruder with the dye, while being filmed and warned.  All the drones work in a swam with the cameraplatform filing everything up high, the 2nd drone focusing the lightand audio to warn the intruder and the 3rd drone close up to get “dye”on target accurately.

End result the intruder leave being permanently marked for aperiod of time with the dye and RFID microdots. A full facial recognition would have been capture from then point ofsetting off the perimeters  sensors.  No need for guard or lots of cameras aroundthe perimeter.  Just an autonomous set ofdrones that can manage and monitor at a moment’s notice.  The drones are all aware of the environmentand terrain and each other in time and space.

Fantasy…. I don’t think so. Some of the technology exist at the moment.  Some people would say use a gun on thedrone.  That is just plain daftthough.  You can’t allow an autonomous droneto just go shooting people, but having a permeant ink is something that is possible.

Would love to see what DJI’s product managers think about this

Stuart

2015-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules