Dealer vs Direct from DJI
2121 6 2014-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

Hi

Are there any Canadians here that have ordered direct from DJI?

I know the price USD is 2899 for single remote, but with the current USD to CDN conversion, that's about $3362. A local dealer here is advertising the same for $3349. Obviously, that's a better deal...

But, what about duties when ordering something from China? In other words, would it be much more expensive to order from DJI than to go buy it from the dealer?

Thanks for the help

2014-12-22
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

If DJI Dealers are available in the Area where you live, I don't see any difference other then all other fees that are added and maybe timeline for shipping, as for the speed that my be a different story, I found the Authorized Premiere Dealer ship out about the same time as DJI Direct or close to it within a couple of days, I went with a Authorized Premiere Dealer it was closer to where I live. DJI website show all there Sub Dealers and there Authorized Premiere Dealers check it out  
2014-12-22
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

I notice that the marker in my area is blue, or "Shop location". What's the difference between a Shop Location and an Authorized Dealer? Couldn't find that info on the page...
2014-12-22
Use props
gruprecht
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136086 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I ordered my Inspire from a Canadian Authorized Dealer which is selling for $3299 and after conversion of the USD to CDN $$'s it was better to buy in Canada, as well they offered free shipping. I own a Townhouse in the States and weighed the option of having the Inspire shipped to my US address and then bringing it home to Canada, but went the Canadian direct route.....
2014-12-23
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

gwhiz2k Posted at 2014-12-23 07:20
I notice that the marker in my area is blue, or "Shop location". What's the difference between a Sho ...

Good Question,  I think I know this, a shop location can warranty repair DJI products as well as Sell them, as same as DJI Direct Warrenty, I know this because I had to just go through this to send my new PV2+ back for service to replace the Wi-Fi module that died after firmware update, DJI said 6-8 weeks for service and a shop location was two weeks to repair. the warranty was allot faster from the shop location dealer.
this is all speaking from my experience so don't kill the messenger.
2014-12-23
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

Apparently I was looking at the map for dealers for the Phantom. If I look at the map for Inspire dealers, there are none at all in this area.

I used an online duty calculator for electronic goods from China, and apparently there's no duty, just the PST+GST (13% here). Can anyone confirm that? I just don't want to be hit with another huge fee after already paying close to $3700 for everything.
2014-12-23
Use props
Wasabi
lvl.1

Thailand

you also have to think ordering directly with DJI than you could have to pay extra charge from custom in your country, especially with DHL and FEDEX...
2014-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules