Dji go app problem
1656 6 2015-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryan.sletten1
New

United States

When I try to open the dji go app on my asus memo pad its says unfortunately dji go has stopped
2015-11-7
Use props
John Osmo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have the same problem with my Sansung Note tablet.
2015-11-11
Use props
rick.cornerston
New

United States

It's more a apple device guys come on....
2015-11-13
Use props
rick.cornerston
New

United States

Its more a apple device lol
2015-11-13
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

John Osmo Posted at 2015-11-11 12:56
I have the same problem with my Sansung Note tablet.

Aloha John,

Ok, I was able to get my Galaxy Tab Pro to work all the way through and I had all the problems mentioned in every thread I have read.  Using all the tools mentioned in these threads, I was able to find a solution.  

How did you download your copy of DJI Go?  Are you able to disable or uninstall the non-essential apps on your Android?  Do not worry so much about Google Play Services.  It does not play nice, so leave it alone.  If you have a friend who knows how to get rid of those extra apps that are stealing processor time, see if they can help you.  

Once you have your Android as clean as you can get it, uninstall the DJI Go app and go to the DJI web site and download a fresh copy and install it.  If it asks if you want to replace the earlier copy, say yes.  It may also ask if you want the new parts or all new copy, say all new copy.  When it is done it will ask you if you want to open it or are you done.  Say you are done.  Now close down your Android, plug in the cable connecting your Android to the Remote Controller and reboot after about 30 seconds.

Make sure you have a rock-solid Internet connection.  When the Android is up and running, go into application manager again and close down all non-essential apps again.  Uninstall the apps you do not need for Internet or operation of the tablet.  Force Stop those you do not uninstall that are no needed for Internet or operation of the tablet.  Check if your Internet connection is working well.

When you are done, start the Remote Control.  Because it is linked with the USB cable to the Android device, it will ask you if you want to always start DJI Go when you start the Remote Controller.  Say yes.  The DJI Go app should load.  Do not start the P3.

Press "Enter Camera View" as soon as it appears.  The Flight Screen will appear.  Because you have an Android, ignore instructions to load an update.  Go straight to the Flight Options icon in the upper right corner.  Open Flight Options.  The first page will have "About" at the bottom.  Open About.  At the very bottom will be a link to the DJI web site.  Go to the DJI web site.  Navigate to the downloads page.  Download another copy of DJI Go and install it.

Again,  if it asks to replace the earlier copy, say yes.  If it asks, you want the all new copy again.  When it is done it will ask you if you want to open it or are you done.  Say you are done.  Now close down your Android and restart.  When the Android is up and running, start the Remote Control and follow the instructions this time.

Let me know how it goes.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-30
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha ryan,

This morning I was just as deep in brick-land as you before I finally put it all together and now it all works like before.  The problem is probably related to specifics of the hardware we use for our Android devices.  The way around that is to stay in the DJI network as much as possible.  That way the DJI web site is able to communicate, monitor and assist in the process.  My problem always seemed like it was communication based.

I would email myself the link to the DJI downloads page to speed things up.  Bad move for me and lots of problems.  In my case, I was able to open up the "About" page in the flight options and go way down to the bottom to the DJI link.  Pressing the link got me into the web site and almost directly to the downloads page.  There I downloaded and reinstalled the DJI Go app and asked for all new in the installation (like in the comments to John Osmo).  Follow those directions too and see if it works.  I got the 'Go has stopped' message on both my Androids, but this worked around it.  

In your case, you might use your Android to get into the DJI web site and download and install the DJI Go app (with all new) and then try to start it when it asks if you want to open it (or done).  No need to start the P3.  Just stick with the RC and Android.  You should be able to get to the Flight Screen and get to the "About" page (upper right icon).  Try to be sure that other apps are closed including the Internet connection you used to download the app.  The new DJI Go app you are using now needs to be written over with the "proper" installation.  Go down to the bottom of the About page and use the DJI link to get to the DJI web site.  The downloads page is almost immediate and offers to download the new DJI Go app.  The size of these different apps can be very different, but this one is the one that has all the communication you need to get your system working.  This is the second time this happened to me.  2.4.0 is the first time it worked like that.  So what worked for me can work for you if you give it a shot.  What do you have to loose?

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-30
Use props
John Osmo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks @Cetaman. I'll give your suggestion a go.
2015-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules